- 59 ReRanks
- See list ranked by
L The List
G Options2rerank list
- 1+ 822- 291Michael Myers first appeared in John Carpenter's film Halloween in 1978.
Why he's utterly terrifying: After murdering his sister on Halloween night when he was just six years old, Michael Myers returns to the town of Haddonfield, Illinois and starts a killing spree that will last decades.
"Death has come to your little town, sheriff."
- 2+ 719- 311Jason Voorhees first appeared in the film Friday the 13th in 1980.
Why he's utterly terrifying: Seeking revenge for his mother's death, Jason returns to Camp Crystal Lake to slaughter the counselors one by one.
"You're doomed! You're all doomed!"also RANKED
- 3+ 907- 322Freddy Krueger first appeared in the Wes Craven's horror masterpiece A Nightmare on Elm Street in 1984.
Why he's utterly terrifying: Krueger haunts the dreams of neighborhood teenagers, growing more powerful the more frightened they become.
"Whatever you do... don't fall asleep."also RANKED
- 4+ 462- 390
- 5+ 815- 390Pennywise the Dancing Clown haunted the children in the town of Derry, Maine in the 1990 film It, which is based on Stephen King's book of the same name.
Why he's utterly terrifying: He baits children into the sewers with tricks and toys only to drive them into insanity, or worse, kill them.
"They ALL float down here. When you're down here with us, you'll float too."also RANKED
- #11 on The Greatest Fictional Serial Killers
- #13 on The Fictional Monsters You'd Least Like to Have After You
- #26 on The Best Movie Villains of All Time
- 6+ 668- 352