L The List
- 13Wikipedia says Buckley and Courtney were seen together on a few occasions in 1997, and Courtney dedicated songs to him after his death, and has basically admitted to a fling (which it seems she just kinda "does" sometimes).
Not exactly sure where to place Jeff Buckley on the sanity scorecard, as he was actually lucid at his time of death, was actually singing Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love" (coincidence?) while swimming in the Wolf River Harbor before he went missing and wrote some of the best songs ever written, including the best non-Shrek cover of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah".
Jeff gets #13 for being an overall great guy... but still, he dated Courtney Love, so...also RANKED
- #27 on The Greatest Artists With Only One Masterpiece
- #28 on Rock Stars Whose Deaths Were The Most Untimely
- #99 on The Best Singers of All Time
- #155 on These Poetic Geniuses Wrote Your Favorite Songs of All-Time
Jim BarberSome poor record-biz schmuck, someone who easily could play a Mel Brooks double NOW, this guy would be crazy not to have been with her.
This guy wasn't remotely famous, but the fallout from him hooking up with Courtney made the press because Barber started managing her solo career after she left Geffen (suing them, of course) and Courtney's "Hole" disintegrated.
They became lovers and Barber left his wife for Courtney after some typical high drama, including Love's arrest in October 2003 for breaking into Barber's home, you know, just for good measure.
Who knows, Barber may have even been sane and just star-struck, or sex-struck (nuts as she may be, odds are that Courtney is most likely a banshee in the sack... and once again "The Lohan Effect") at the time they got together.
But he's almost certainly damaged goods now and any man crazy enough to leave his wife for someone so unstable has rightfully EARNED their place on this list.
- 11Did Russell Brand sleep with Courtney Love?
They definitely met in 2006 and Courtney had admitted to having a crush on him before that. Rumors on the internet say that after a liaison, Courtney told a friend he was "delicious".
Russel Brand, the human Russ Troll Doll (ha, Russ!), is no exception to The Lohan Effect.also RANKED
- #41 on The Funniest British and Irish Comedians of all Time
- #61 on The Best Animated Voiceover Performances
- #179 on The Funniest Stand Up Comedians of All Time
- #226 on The Funniest People of All Time
- 10A classic, hilarious, brilliant, nuanced and intelligent British actor, Steve Coogan definitely did the deed with Courtney Love as reported here in the Guardian .
Any celebrity who would be so clueless as to supposedly impregnate Courtney in 2005 (2005!!!) has got to be at least somewhat sad or crazy in some way; unless she played voodoo dolls with any condoms he brought because dear God who has unprotected sex with Courtney Love? This is why he gets a spot on this list. For this POSSIBILITY (even though it was later denied by both parties).
Coogan DID, though, supply Courtney with drugs and ostensibly had sex with her on a few occasions. According to Courtney Love when she got out of rehab, he was waiting for her with drugs, and he's also been accused of supplying Owen Wilson with the drugs he took for his attempted suicide.
And sooo, Coogan gets a spot on this list. Here's a video of Coogan on Letterman.also ranked#19 OF 155 The Funniest British and Irish Comedians of all Time#152 OF 189 The Greatest British Actors of All Time#278 OF 375 The Funniest People of All Time
- 9Trent Reznor was certainly unbalanced and deep into the powders when he had his notorious on-tour fling with Courtney about a year after Kurt's death.
He almost certainly regretted it after Courtney made huge scenes trying to break into his hotel room after he quickly broke it off, and he definitely regretted ever setting eyes on Crazy Love after she started making public statements about "Two Inch Nails"... ouch. Luckily, she was pretty hammered the whole time she was saying that (see what we did there? I'll be here all week).
Reznor has long since cleaned up and channeled his angst into an incredible level of productivity in the last 10 years or so, much of it actually quite good.
Tortured artist, yes. But crazy? Probably yes - in the 90s - because of the depths of depression, social anxiety disorder, booze, blow, and a family death that really rocked him hard. Today - a model of sanity.also ranked#26 OF 38 The Best Short Male Singers#55 OF 84 Rock Stars Who Would Make The Best President#62 OF 369 The Best Frontmen in Rock#187 OF 260 The Best Rock Vocalists
- 8No real evidence of insanity here at all... EXCEPT - Courtney has publicly said that this monthlong tryst took place AFTER Gavin took up with Gwen Stefani. And that's all we need.
Gavin Rossdale, lead singer of 90s band Bush and current frontman of his own solo project that nobody acknowledges, actually cheated on Gwen Stefani with Courtney Love. Talk about downgrading.
Courtney Love, and the people who actually hook up with her, seem to fall into what we like to call "The Lohan Effect"-- no matter how damaged the goods are, or how likely you are to have to go in there with a Hazmat suit more carefully than Dustin Hoffman in "Outbreak", if it's there and it's easy, most guys will just go for it after the right amount of drinks.
If that is indeed true, then we have yet another victim of The Lohan Effect, which at this point might as well be named "The Love Effect", but hasn't been for obvious reasons of conflicting linguistic messages.
But okay. Seriously.
Look at this.
And then this.
Aaaaand then this still-shot from Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight.
Gavin Rossdale had, at the very least, a case of temporary insanity.