- 6Portal = Cube/Hypercube. Duh.BUY @ amazon
Remember when Portal first came out? How did you describe it to people?
The smartest way to describe it was basically "it's like Cube, the game". In case you didn't see "Cube", here's the synopsis
7 complete strangers of widely varying personality characteristics are involuntarily placed in an endless kafkaesque maze containing deadly traps.
The only difference between Cube and Portal is that you seem to be voluntary at first in Portal, you're one person and you have what is arguably the coolest gun in the world.
Trailer uses GLADoS BRILLIANTLY, as well as uses the right clips from Cube to really make it seem as desperate, frustrating and clausterphobic as a Portal movie really would be.
- 7Once again bring a simple-concept game into reality, this trailer basically makes minesweeper into Saving Private Ryan. This makes perfect sense, and it's actually kind of surprising that Hollywood hasn't done this yet (they ARE making a Monopoly movie AND a Bazooka Joe movie).BUY @ amazon
This trailer, and would-be movie, focuses on a small team of minesweepers who treat it like a game, even though it's a job.
There's one guy who's great, but we see many people get blown up, falling into the many traps and patterns we all have while sitting at a work computer or someone else's computer with absolutely nothing to do.
Most genius part of the trailer "c'mon, it's never the first one" *BLAM*
- 8This was kind of a no-brainer, Halo WAS almost a movie. Halo was almost a movie made by PETER JACKSON. Halo also has some GREAT live-action trailers for their games that this particular person used to intersplice with what they shot.BUY @ amazon
This would probably be an unbelievably epic beginning to a Halo movie.
It's a series of old soldiers recalling the Halo war and why they made it through. They look back and they remember that they made it because of Master Chief.
A documentarian takes these old UNSC soldiers through a museum, recalling the wars as they told stories of how they made it through.
They all had one thing to say: Chief.
This trailer not only makes you want to see the movie TONIGHT, but shows you how great of a character Master Chief can be. He doesn't have to be that 3 dimensional because the reason people love him is because he's an ideal, he's a hero and he's the person that everyone needs, even if they don't know they do at the time.
- 9What was Mario Paint, but a desperate attempt at creativity blocked by your own abilities at the time?BUY @ amazon
This is the story of the Mario character in this fan-made Mario Paint trailer where a man struggles with creativity, different painting styles and a rough inner-torture only to create an amazing piece of art that features Mario.
Mario Paint really wasn't about anything, and this film would most likely be a short were it ever made, but the take on Mario (from Mario Paint) here as a character who enjoys art for art's sake would mean that he would be as much of a diva and as much of a tortured artists as the man in this trailer.
This trailer makes Mario Paint REAL and it shows what would happen if you took the character with the purpose he has in this game... OUT of the game.
C'mon, I mean, how many Italian people who are painters for a living do you know who aren't like this?
- 10Personally, I've never cared to see a Mega Man movie for the same reason I thought that seeing an Astro Boy movie was going to be redundant: we've kinda covered the whole Robot-to-Human thing, haven't we?BUY @ amazon
But with the barrage of not only memorable characters in this trailer, as well as the plot to do something with a purpose, this trailer makes it feel like the first of a series of films, and not so much a whole film. Some GREAT film franchises start like that, though, and we would 100% see this in theatres (if it had better production value). The concept is there, but the execution leaves something to be desired in its value, but who has enough money to do this right (that would actually want to)?
The amount of characters they squeeze in here are ridiculous.
I mean hey, at least the guy playing Mega Man was also REALLY REALLY convincing.
At least he didn't look like this guy.
items 6 - 10 of 14
today on Ranker
start a list with results
close sorting window
use the search box to filter your list