- 7One can certainly disagree with Oliver Hirschbiegel's and Bernd Eichinger's approach to German history, and therefore Der Untergang remains a film worth watching.
- 8A touching film, heavily influenced by the Dogme 95 movement, Andreas Dresen's. Halbe Treppe was shot almost entirely on location in the German city Frankfurt (Oder), using handheld digital video. The performances are improvised, following only a rough idea of where the scenes should lead.
- 9Good Bye, Lenin was the most succesful film of 2003 in Germany. A heartwarming tragicomedy about a boy who, in the year 1990, tries to set up the GDR again for his mother, who just awoke from a coma and needs to avoid any excitement. Problem is, the world around her has changed completely in just a few months.
- 10An exciting thriller inspired by the events of the Stanford prison experiment, Das Experiment was more appreciated by audiences than by the critics. The film was remade in 2010 in the US, starring Adrien Brody and Forest Whitaker.
- 11Based on the novel "Perfume" by Patrick Süskind and directed by Tom Tykwer, Das Parfum - Die Geschichte eines Mörders tells the story of Jean-Babtiste Grenouille, an olfactory genius, who on his search for the perfect smell takes on a homicidal quest. The film, one of the most expensive German movies of all time, was a huge success, especially in Europe.
- 12A widely praised film by Turkish-German director Fatih Akin. The complex and interwoven story of Auf der anderen Seite is set in Germany and Turkey and depicts various people with different cultural and social backgrounds whose paths meet in the course of life-changing events.
got a blog or website?