< >Show: 5 25
- the list
- 1Jordan had it all. He basically had everything you can expect to have in someone his size, plus off the charts competitiveness.
- 2When you look at Kareem's body of work, it becomes hard to rate anyone above him. Quite possibly the best high school and college player in history, more NBA MVPs than anyone else, 5 rings, ridiculous. But I can't completely get past that he got most of those rings following Magic's lead.
- 3Many don't realize how amazing Russell was. It's common for people to say he only beat Wilt because of his teammates, but if you look at his later years, Wilt probably had superior teammates and still Russell's club came out on top more than half the time.
- 4Wilt is really the guy you have to compare everyone else to. His big weakness is his lack of focus. I don't think there's been a more talented player, and when he had it all working, such as in '67, I don't think a better player has ever existed. But the guys above him were better at maintaining that focus year in and year out.
- 5The greatest offensive player in history. People have often spoken of "the next Jordan", but "the next Magic" players are much more rare, and for good reason: The few players in history who have such top notch court vision tend to be able to excel in the league even if they're short and unathletic. That kind of brain, in a body like Magic's, amazing.
items 1 - 5 of 50
got a blog or website?