- 1 ReRank
- 2 See list ranked by
- 1Jimi Hendrix died on September 18, 1970 at the age of 27. His cause of death is disputed, but the coroner believed that he choked to death on his own vomit.
James Marshall "Jimi" Hendrix was an American guitarist, singer, and songwriter. Although his mainstream career spanned only four years, he is widely regarded as one of the most influential electric guitarists in the history of popular music, and one of the most celebrated musicians of the 20th century.moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 28 (1942-1970)
- Birthplace: USA, Washington, Seattle
- Profession: Record producer, Guitarist, Songwriter, Entrepreneur, Musician, + more
- Cause Of Death: Drug overdose, Inhalation of vomit
- Place Of Death: Notting Hill, London, United Kingdom
- Children: Tamika Hendrix, James Allen Ross Hendrix, James Daniel Sundquist
- 2Jim Morrison died on July 3, 1971 at age 27. He was found dead in his bathtub, but no official autopsy was completed. He is suspected to have died from a drug overdose.
James Douglas "Jim" Morrison was an American singer, poet and songwriter best remembered as the lead vocalist of the Doors. Due to his songwriting, baritone voice, wild personality and performances, he is regarded by critics and fans as one of the most iconic and influential frontmen in rock music ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 28 (1943-1971)
- Birthplace: Melbourne, Florida, United States of America
- Profession: Film Score Composer, Poet, Songwriter, Musician, Screenwriter, + more
- Cause Of Death: Heart failure, Drug overdose
- Place Of Death: Paris, France
- 3Kurt Cobain died on April 5, 1994 at the age of 27. He died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Kurt Donald Cobain was an American musician who was best known as the lead singer, guitarist, and primary songwriter of the grunge band Nirvana. Cobain formed Nirvana with Krist Novoselic in Aberdeen, Washington, in 1985 and established it as part of the Seattle music scene, having its debut album ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 27 (1967-1994)
- Birthplace: Aberdeen, Washington, United States of America
- Profession: Guitarist, Songwriter, Musician, Singer, Artist
- Cause Of Death: Suicide, Gunshot
- Place Of Death: Seattle, Washington, United States of America
- Children: Frances Bean Cobain
- 4James Dean died on September 30, 1955 at the age of 24. He death was the result of a car accident.
James Byron Dean was an American actor. He is a cultural icon of teenage disillusionment and social estrangement, as expressed in the title of his most celebrated film, Rebel Without a Cause, in which he starred as troubled teenager Jim Stark. The other two roles that defined his stardom were loner Cal ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 24 (1931-1955)
- Birthplace: USA, Indiana, Marion
- Profession: Actor
- Cause Of Death: Traffic collision
- Place Of Death: Cholame, California, United States of America
- 5Otis Redding died on December 10, 1967 at age 26. He died tragically in a plane crash traveling between gigs.
Otis Ray Redding, Jr. was an American singer-songwriter, record producer, arranger and talent scout. He is considered one of the greatest singers in the history of American popular music and a seminal artist in soul and rhythm and blues. His singing style was powerfully influential among soul artists of ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 26 (1941-1967)
- Birthplace: Dawson, Georgia, United States of America
- Profession: Songwriter, Singer-songwriter, Composer, Singer
- Cause Of Death: Aviation accident or incident
- Place Of Death: Madison, Wisconsin, United States of America
- 6Sam Cooke died on December 11, 1964 at age 33. He was shot by a hotel manager who claimed that she was acting in self-defense.
Samuel "Sam" Cooke was an American recording artist and singer-songwriter, generally considered among the greatest of all time. Influential as both a singer and composer, he is commonly known as the King of Soul for his distinctive vocals and importance within popular music. His pioneering contributions ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 33 (1931-1964)
- Birthplace: Clarksdale, Mississippi, United States of America
- Profession: Entrepreneur, Singer-songwriter, Singer
- Cause Of Death: Firearm, Murder
- Place Of Death: Hacienda Motel, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
- Children: Linda Womack
- 7John Lennon died on December 8, 1980 at age 40. He was shot in the back by Mark David Chapman, whom Lennon gave an autograph to earlier that day.
John Winston Ono Lennon MBE was an English singer and songwriter who rose to worldwide fame as a co-founder of the band the Beatles, the most commercially successful band in the history of popular music. With Paul McCartney, he formed a celebrated songwriting partnership. Born and raised in Liverpool, ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 40 (1940-1980)
- Birthplace: Liverpool, Eurasia, Lancashire, North West England, United Kingdom, + more
- Profession: Activist, Film Score Composer, Record producer, Musician, Film Producer, + more
- Cause Of Death: Ballistic trauma, Hypovolemia, Assassination
- Place Of Death: New York City, New York, United States of America
- Children: Sean Lennon, Julian Lennon
- 8Marvin Gaye died on April 1, 1984 at age 44. He was shot by his father, who used a gun that Gaye had given him as a gift.
Marvin Gaye was an American singer, songwriter and musician. Gaye helped to shape the sound of Motown Records, first as an in house session player in the 1960s and later as a solo artist with a string of hits, including How Sweet It Is and I Heard It Through the Grapevine, and duet recordings with Mary ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 45 (1939-1984)
- Birthplace: Washington, D.C., United States of America
- Profession: Film Score Composer, Record producer, Musician, Singer-songwriter, Composer, + more
- Cause Of Death: Filicide
- Place Of Death: Los Angeles, California, United States of America
- Children: Nona Gaye, Frankie Gaye, Marvin Pentz Gaye