G Options B Comments & Embed
- 1+ 23- 10
3 tablespoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
4 tablespoons honey
2 cups broccoli florets
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup vegetable oil for frying
- Sauce: In a small bowl, stir together the mustard and honey. Set aside.
- Chop florets into small pieces or pulse lightly in food processor.
- Toss in a mixing bowl with shredded cheese. Set aside.
- Beat egg and stir in the milk.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together and combine them with the egg and milk mixture, beating well.
- Beat in 1/2 teaspoon oil as well.
- Pour mixture over broccoli and cheese and toss to coat well.
- In a large skillet or saucepan heat oil to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Drop broccoli mixture by spoonfuls into 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) oil and fry until golden brown.
- Serve with honey mustard sauce.
- 2+ 10- 1
Bennigan's Baked Monte Cristo Sandwich
4 x 1 oz slices Swiss cheese
4 x 1 oz slices cooked turkey
8 slices firm white bread
2/3 cup milk
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
3 tbsp butter or margarine
Dijon Mustard dipping sauce:
½ cup sour cream
2 tbsp milk
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place 1 slice of cheese and 1 slice of turkey on each of 4 bread slices.
- In pie plate beat eggs, milk, and dry soup mix until well blended.
- Dip each sandwich into egg mixture, spooning onion pieces onto bread.
- Make sure all egg mixture is used.
- Place butter in 15" x 10" jellyroll pan.
- Set in oven a couple of minutes to melt butter.
-Carefully place sandwiches in pan and drizzle any remaining egg mixture over them.
- Bake 5 minutes.
- Carefully turn sandwiches and continue baking until golden brown.
- Serve with Dijon Mustard Dipping Sauce.
- For Dijon Mustard Dipping Sauce: Mix well and then chill until ready to serve.
- 3+ 11- 4
Cheese and Bacon Potato Skin
5 large (1kg total) unwashed potatoes, scrubbed
12 bacon shortcuts, chopped
6 green onions, sliced
40g butter, melted
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
sour cream and sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place potatoes onto middle shelf of oven. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until tender. Cool.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook bacon for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in half the onions.
- Preheat grill on medium-high heat.
- Cut potatoes into quarters, ensuring skin remains intact.
- Scoop out flesh, leaving a 5mm layer of potato.
- Place skins onto a baking tray, flesh-side down.
- Brush with half the butter. Grill for 3 minutes, or until golden. Turn.
- Brush with remaining butter. Grill for a further 3 minutes, or until golden.
- Spoon bacon mixture into skins.
- Top with cheese. Grill for a further 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with remaining onions. Serve with sour cream and sweet chilli sauce.
- 4+ 4- 0
Bennigan's Onion Soup
½ lb firm white onions, sliced
¼ cup butter
2 tbsp corn oil
3 tbsp flour
1 quart chicken broth
1 quart beef broth
8 slices French bread
Swiss cheese, shredded
- Saute onions in butter and oil until onions are transparent, but not well browned.
- When tender, turn heat to lowest point and sprinkle with flour, stirring vigorously.
- Pour into Dutch oven and stir in chicken broth and beef broth.
- Heat thoroughly and divide among 8 ovenproof bowls.
- Float a slice of bread atop each serving.
- Mix equal parts of cheese to smooth paste and spread over bread.
- Place all bowls on oven rack 4" from broiler heat and broil until cheese melts.
- 5+ 3- 0
Bennigan's Garlic Mashed Potato
1 lb red potatoes
3 tbsp butter
¼ cup half-and-half or milk
4 garlic cloves, roasted
salt, to taste
freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- Bake potato in a 350 degree oven for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Roast garlic .
- Coat the bulb with some olive oil before roasting.
- Remove potatoes from oven and allow them to cool.
- Chop potatoes, add butter, and half-and-half, and mix with with an electric mixture.
- Add cloves of garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 6+ 2- 1
Shrimp and Pasta
12 oz penne pasta
1 tbsp stick butter
1 x 12 oz package mushrooms, thickly sliced
1 medium red onion, chopped
2 tbsp minced garlic
½ cup Irish brown ale
1 package white sauce mix, whisked with 1 ½ cups milk
1 cherry tomato, halved
1 ½ lb raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until lightly browned and soft.
- Add garlic.
- Cook, stirring, for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add ale, white sauce mixture and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil and stir constantly until sauce thickens.
- Add shrimp. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer 2 to 3 minutes until cooked through.
- Drain pasta and place in a large serving bowl.
- Add shrimp and sauce.
- Toss to mix and coat.
- When serving, sprinkle with the scallions and cheese.
- 7+ 2- 2
Bamboo Chicken and Shrimp Skewers
3 chicken skewers
3 shrimp skewers
1 cup lo mein noodles
1/2 cup peanut sauce.
1 tablespoon green onions, chopped
1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- Remove skewers from marinade.
- Place onto a well oiled section of the grill or large sauté pan.
- Cook chicken and Shrimp for 3 to 4 minutes until done.
- Toss cooked lo mein noodles with peanut sauce.
- Place skewers on top of noodles, garnish with green onions and black sesame seeds.
1/2 cup fresh jalapenos
1/2 cup garlic
1/2 cup ginger, fresh minced
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
2 1/2 cups soy sauce
1 1/4 cups sesame oil
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- Measure and combine all ingredients in a blender and cover.
- Blend for 1 minute. Place in appropriate size container.
- Cover and refrigerate.
Peanut Sauce :
2/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 1/2 cups coconut milk, unsweetened
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine peanut butter, coconut milk, lemon juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and cayenne in a saucepan.
- Cook until consistency of heavy cream, stirring frequently.
- Transfer to a blender and pulse briefly three to four times.
- Add chicken stock and heavy cream to blend.
- Blend for 1 minute or until smooth and creamy.
- 8+ 1- 2
2 cups vanilla wafers or chocolate wafers
1/2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
7 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
5 packages (8 ounce size) cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 lemon, zested
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 3/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 egg yolks
1/4 cup heavy cream
large fresh strawberries
- In food processor, crush cookies until very fine.
- Place rest of ingredients into the processor bowl; mix until well blended.
- Pat the crumb mixture into and up the sides of a 9" springform pan or a pie shell, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large bowl or food processor, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla, lemon zest and juice. -In small bowl, mix sugar, flour and salt together; add to cheese mixture.
- Add eggs and egg yolks, a Tbsp. at a time, beating after each addition.
- Gently stir in the cream. Pour batter into crust-line pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes; reduce heat to 300 degrees F and continue baking for 55 minutes, or until center tests done.
- Remove from oven. -Allow to cool for 30 minutes, then loosen sides of the cake with a spatula.
- When cake has cooled for about an hour, remove from pan.
- Chill at least 2 hours before serving. -Garnish with fresh strawberry slices.
- Cut lengthwise into thin slices and spread around the edge of the cake in a fan-like pattern.