- 1+ 12- 3
2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/2 pound total)
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup flour
Salt and pepper
4 Tbsp olive oil
4 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup chicken stock or dry white wine
3 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup brined capers
1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Cut the chicken breast halves horizontally, butterflying them open.
- Put them between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound them with a meat hammer to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Mix together the flour, salt, pepper, and grated Parmesan.
- Rinse the chicken pieces in water.
- Dredge them thoroughly in the flour mixture, until well coated.
- Heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet on medium high heat.
- Add half of the chicken pieces Brown well on each side, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and reserve to a plate.
- Cook the other breasts in the same manner, remove from pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and keep warm in the oven while you prepare the sauce.
- Add the chicken stock (or white wine), lemon juice, and capers to the pan.
- Reduce the sauce by half.
- Whisk in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Plate the chicken and serve with the sauce poured over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- 2+ 6- 2
32 oz. of garlic and onion spaghetti sauce (prepare from scratch or use store bought brand)
Half tbsp. crushed red pepper
One tsp. sugar
One onion, diced
Two tbsp. olive oil
Two cloves of garlic, crushed
Half tsp. dried oregano
Half tsp. fresh basil, chopped
Half tsp. parsley, fresh or dried
One jar roasted red peppers, chopped
Four sweet Italian sausages
One box penne pasta (or your favorite pasta)
- Heat a non-stick skillet over low heat.
- Add two tablespoons of olive oil to the pan and add diced onion.
- Cover the pan with a lid. Stir occasionally.
- Once the onions are soft and almost transparent, add to the recipe.
- Add Italian sausage to a frying pan and sauté for approximately six minutes on each side.
- The sausages should be brown in color.
- Add about two tablespoons of water to the pan and cover for an additional six minutes to finish cooking.
- Set sausages aside to cool while you finish sweating the onions.
- Slice the sausage when cooled.
- In a large saucepan combine spaghetti sauce with red pepper flakes, sugar, garlic, oregano, parsley and basil and bring to boil.
- Add sweated onions to the mixture and stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add the red peppers and sausage to the pot and simmer on low for an additional twenty to 30 minutes.
- Cook pasta as directed on the box with an additional dash of salt and olive oil.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and garnish the Rigatoni Abruzzi with a generous potion of Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with a tomato and mozzarella Caprese salad and fresh baked garlic bread.
- 3+ 10- 7
2 slices stale white bread, crusts removed
1 cup milk
1 small bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
9 ounces minced beef and pork, equal amounts
2 fresh eggs
2 ounces pecorino, grated
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 buffalo mozzarella, drained and chopped into little pieces
Unseasoned bread crumbs
Extra-virgin olive oil, for frying
- Put the bread in a small mixing bowl, cover with milk, and leave to soak.
- Chop the parsley and garlic together.
- Put meat into a large mixing bowl.
- Squeeze the milk out of the bread and add to meat.
- Add parsley and garlic.
- Use your hands to mix the ingredients.
- Break eggs into the mixture to bind it.
- Add the pecorino.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Shape meatballs by hand, make a hole in the top and insert a small piece of mozzarella.
- Cover it up and pat meatball into shape.
- Roll in bread crumbs.
- Pour olive oil into a frying pan,when it's really hot, fry the meatballs for 5 minutes, or until they have formed a crust.
- When golden brown and crusty on both sides remove the meatballs from the pan and drain on paper towels.
- Add the meatballs to the tomato sauce.
- Cover and cook very slowly on low heat for 45 minutes, until the sauce is reduced by half.
Extra-virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic
3 (12-ounce) tins peeled cherry tomatoes
- Pour enough oil into a saucepan to cover the surface.
- Add garlic and 3 tins of tomatoes, mashing them slightly.
- Boil the sauce for 5 minutes and simmer for another 3 minutes.
- 4+ 2- 1
Zucchini 2.5 lbs
Extra-Virgin Olive Oil 4 fluid oz
Garlic, chopped 1 tbsp
Sea Salt 2 tsp
Crushed Red Pepper ½ tsp
Balsamic Reduction ½ cup (See Step 2)
Mint Leaves 6-8 (optional)
- Preheat oven at 425° F.
- In a small sauce pan, bring 1 cup of balsamic vinegar to a boil
- Boil it over high heat until reduced by half.
- Cool and set aside.
- Wash and dry the zucchini.
- Trim the ends then slice into 3/8-inch-thick rounds.
- Place the zucchini in a large bowl, add oil, garlic, salt and crushed red pepper.
- Toss well.
- Arrange the zucchini slices in a single layer on a large baking sheet and roast until the edges start to brown, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool on the baking sheet at room temperature.
- Place the zucchini in a serving platter
- Drizzle with the balsamic reduction and decorate with mint leaves.
- 5+ 2- 1
Four Cheese Ravioli
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
2 medium shallots, thinly sliced crosswise
8 ounces presliced fresh cremini mushrooms
5 ounces presliced fresh shiitake caps
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 (16- to 20-oz) package fresh or frozen four-cheese ravioli
- Heat oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until foam subsides.
- Cook shallots, stirring, until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and increase heat to high, sauté, stirring, until liquid mushrooms give off is evaporated and mushrooms are golden, about 4 minutes.
- Add wine and boil until liquid is evaporated and mushrooms are tender, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in salt, pepper, parsley, and remaining 2 tablespoons butter until butter is melted.
- Cook ravioli in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until ravioli are al dente.
- Drain in a colander.
- Return drained ravioli to large pot and add mushroom mixture, stirring gently until combined.
- 6+ 1- 0
Beefsteak Tomatoes 2 lbs (about 4 large)
Fresh Mozzarella 1 lb
Fresh Basil 1/4 cup, packed
Arugola Leaves 1/4 cup, packed
Dried Oregano, crumbled 1/4 tsp
Extra-Virgin Olive Oil 3 tbsp
Sea Salt to taste
Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Wash the basil and arugola well and spin dry.
- Slice the tomatoes and the mozzarella ½ inch thick.
- On a large platter, arrange tomato and mozzarella slices and basil leaves, alternating and overlapping them.
- Sprinkle salad with oregano and arugula and drizzle with oil.
- Season salad with salt and pepper.
- 7+ 0- 0
For the Sauce:
Extra-Virgin Olive Oil 6 fluid oz
Garlic, chopped 1 tbsp
Italian Parsley, chopped 2 tbsp
Fresh Oregano Leaves 2 tbsp
Capers 2 tbsp
Black Olives, coarsely chopped 1 cup
Diced Tomatoes 3 cups
Anchovies, chopped (optional) 2 each
For the Pasta:
Penne 2 lbs
Sea Salt 2 tbsp
Pasta Broth 8 fluid oz
Grated Romano Cheese 3 oz
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients for sauce together. Refrigerate.
- In a large pot, bring 1 ½ gallons of water to a boil.
- Season with a sea salt,boil again.
- Drop the pasta in the water, stir well and cook until pasta is "al dente," about 8 minutes.
- Drain the pasta,place in a pot.
- Reserve one cup of the pasta water.
- Heat the sauce and pasta broth in a sauté pan.
- Add pasta and mix well.
- Transfer to platter and serve sprinkled with Romano cheese.
- 8+ 0- 0
Artichokes Hearts, par-cooked 2 lbs
Extra-Virgin Olive Oil ½ cup
Garlic, chopped 1 tbsp
Pecorino Cheese, grated 2 tbsp
Italian Parsley, chopped ½ cup
- Drain the artichokes well and place in large bowl.
- Season the artichokes with the oil and the garlic.
- Place the artichokes in a baking sheet and roast at 400° F oven about 15 minutes.
- The artichokes should become crispy and brown.
- Place the artichokes in a serving platter, sprinkle with the grated cheese and parsley.
- Serve at room temperature with garlic crostini bread.
- 9+ 4- 5
1 large eggplant
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease.
- Slice the eggplant in half lengthwise.
- Cut each half into quarters lengthwise.
- Cut each of those in half to make two shorter quarters.
- Place the eggplant onto the baking sheet with the skin side down.
- Brush each piece with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the preheated oven until softened and golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- 10+ 0- 3
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon seasoning salt
1 1/2 teaspoons salt free Cajun seasoning
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
1 onion, finely diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place chicken breasts in a 9x13 inch glass baking dish with a cover.
- Add oil, salt, and Cajun seasoning.
- Mix with your hands until chicken pieces are evenly coated.
- If using fresh rosemary, chop and sprinkle over chicken.
- If using dried rosemary, crush with hands and sprinkle over chicken.
- Using your hands again, mix together coating chicken evenly.
- Lay diced onions on top of chicken.
- Cover dish and bake in the preheated oven until onions are caramelized and the chicken is brown and cooked through (juices run clear), about 25 to 35 minutes.
G Options B Comments & Embed