- 1 ReRank
- 2 See list ranked by
G Options B Comments & Embed 2rerank list
- 1+ 20- 10The "Big Five" animals of Africa, lions, leopards, rhinoceros, elephants, and buffalos can be seen at the Masai Mara Wildlife Preserve. Kenya is also home to one of the world's natural wonders, the blue wildebeest migration, in which 11.5 wildebeest migrate for 1800 miles in a constant clockwise rotation from Kenya to the Serengeti of Tanzania.
- 2+ 18- 9Because much of the Serengeti plain lies in Tanzania, several animal migrations and wildlife preserves exist here, making a safari an amazing experience. Some of the largest animal migrations here are the white-bearded wildebeest and the lesser flamingo.
- 3+ 12- 8Namibia is one of the major tourist destinations in Africa. It's also home to one of the oldest deserts in the world, the Skeleton Desert, which is its coastal desert and is home to giraffes, black rhinoceros, baboons, and elephants.
- 4+ 11- 8Botswana has several luxury hotels, including an amusement park. It also has the largest concentration of elephants in the world, known as the Chobe district.
- 5+ 13- 12South Africa has a vast array of wildlife within its borders, including giraffes, hippopotami, hyenas, white rhinos, impalas, lions, leopards, and blue wildebeest. It's also home to a part of the Bushveld, a wooded ecosystem in the southern half of Africa.
- 6+ 11- 10Zambia's borders lay on the Victoria Falls, some of the largest waterfalls in the world. Though less visited than other countries such as Tanzania, Botswana, and Kenya, because of its many rivers that run through the country, animal sightings are almost always a guarantee. They're also known for their walking safaris, which allows tourists to get up close and personal with the wildlife.
- 7+ 11- 11Zimbabwe is home to the world-famous Victoria Falls, one of the largest waterfalls in the world. Unlike most other countries in Africa, Zimbabwe also has several ancient ruins from cities centuries ago made out of dry stone.
- 8+ 10- 11Mozambique's wildlife numbers have been growing in recent years, and the country plays host to several wildlife reserves to help protect the animal and plant life.