G Options B Comments & Embed
- 8Rapunzel's spunk and joy in life enlighten those around her, but ultimately she doesn't commit to any kind of heroism.
- 7Nala is strong and aware of her duties - unfortunately she doesn't get much action.
- 6Nani bravely takes care of her little sister after their parents died and desperately tries to keep her out of the hands of social services.
- 5Belle does a lot of sacrificing to save those around her, but she won't accept a marriage proposal from a stronger man and she won't tolerate brutish behavior.
- 4In any other film, she would be just a victim. In here, she is defiant and strong at heart even when the odds are against her, and heroically intervenes in the climax.
- 3Pocahontas goes through a character arc of learning to be wise, respectful and choosing her own path. She grows into a leader, gives resonating speeches, chooses duty and rationalism over love and never ceases to jump in front of the wagon for those she loves.
- 2Princess Tiana works her ass off for whatever she achieves and is morally superior enough to resist a deal with the devil as an easy way out.
- 1Mulan teaches us that you needn't be a boy to be a man, and that being a man is about strength from the inside, bravery and learning to do what's right even when everyone tells you not to.