- 6Up 4Down 2Bourjois Effet 3D Lipgloss is a light, non-sticky, wand lip gloss that offers a gorgeous sheer color that can really accentuate beautiful lips. Many of the shades offer a special shimmer that appears almost iridescent, with flecks of gold, making it a perfect summer gloss. The product stays smooth and silky and definitely has a moisturizing effect. Be warned: Bourjois Effet can be a challenge to find. Ulta previously carried the line online, but it has disappeared in recent months. With a little searching, you should be able to get one of these shimmery glosses.
Price range: Between $14 and $24, but you may be able to find for less online.
- 7Up 7Down 5NARS makes some of the best lip glosses around, and the Lip Lacquer line is no exception. This gloss is available in handy, portable little pots. For a spot-on neutral that will provide enough color without standing out too much, try Chelsea Girls (a nice nude beige). For a bit more shimmer, go for Eros (a raspberry rose). This gloss is a bit thicker than some, but it has more staying power.
Price range: $24
- 8Up 8Down 6If you're a fan of Burt's Bees Lip Balm, you might consider giving the Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers a go. These compact, lip glosses provide a hint of sparkle and shine that's natural and very flattering. It's a little less on the glossy side, so if you want something lighter, this could be a winner for you. Even better, the ingredients in the Shimmer help to condition lips while you wear! The slim design makes it quite easy to slip a Shimmer in your pocket for a night out on the town. With 12 shades available, the chances are good you'll find one that suits you. For a brighter color, try Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer in Rhubarb. Champagne may be a good choice for a lighter, summery glow. Burt's Bees has also introduced a full-out gloss: the Super Glossy Lip Shine. It's definitely a bit heavier, but if you're going for mega-watt shine, this might work well.
Price range: Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer $3-$5, Super Glossy Lip Shine, $7
- 9Up 4Down 3If you're way short on cash but you want to add new lip gloss to your makeup arsenal, Wet 'n' Wild's Mega Slicks Lip Gloss could be exactly what you need. Mega Slicks is mega shiny and moisturizing. Mega Slicks is available in a variety of different colors, and at $1.99, you can afford to experiment a little! For a gorgeous, neutral shimmer, try Mega Slicks in Bronze Berry - the brownish-pink can be very flattering.
Price range: $1.99
- 10Up 4Down 3Want sparkle that looks natural? bareMinerals' 100% Natural Lipgloss might be the answer. This lip gloss has a nice, creamy texture and provides a beautiful color without being sticky. Available in a dozen different colors, this gloss can easily go over lipstick to give a little pump up without overpowering your color.
Price range: $15
items 6 - 10 of 13
got a blog or website?