L The List
- 1As if showing off his two left feet as a contestant on "Dancing with the Stars" and proclaiming his love for Celine Dion via Tweet was not enough excitement during the NBA lockout, Ron Artest also attempted (poorly) to start a career as a stand-up comic and changed his name to something crazier than that funky symbol Prince picked. Ladies and gentlemen, meet Metta World Peace.
- 2Along with Orlando Magic teammate Gilbert Arenas, Dwight Howard used his spare time during the NBA lockout to perfect his planking skills around the world. Planking is still cool right?
- 3Phoenix Suns point guard Steve Nash took an extra special job during the lockout when he joined the force as an Energy Waste Detective. But don't get too excited about the badge and the porn stache, it was only for a commercial for the energy-saving iPhone app Pocket Waste Buster.also ranked...#4 on#30 on#31 on
- 4Marcus Camby was going to do something constructive during the NBA lockout, but then he got high... in his Porsche that had an "equipment violation" near a school. Yep, Camby got arrested for possession of marijuana in suburban Houston during the NBA lockout. Perhaps getting high is what he really meant in this 2007 interview where he talks about flying like Superman.
- 5Since only so much time can be spent holding pandas, Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul participated in some type of Chinese opera mask dance while on vacation in China, or danced with masks as people laughed, or something like that. You be the judge.
- 6With the demand for professional basketball players extremely low, Delonte West found another way to keep the lights on during the lockout by taking a job as a stock clerk for a furniture company. Fans didn't believe it leading West to posting a photo of his application, complete with his explanation of his criminal record.