G Options B Comments & Embed
- 1vAs if showing off his two left feet as a contestant on "Dancing with the Stars" and proclaiming his love for Celine Dion via Tweet was not enough excitement during the NBA lockout, Ron Artest also attempted (poorly) to start a career as a stand-up comic and changed his name to something crazier than that funky symbol Prince picked. Ladies and gentlemen, meet Metta World Peace.
- 3vPhoenix Suns point guard Steve Nash took an extra special job during the lockout when he joined the force as an Energy Waste Detective. But don't get too excited about the badge and the porn stache, it was only for a commercial for the energy-saving iPhone app Pocket Waste Buster.
- 4vMarcus Camby was going to do something constructive during the NBA lockout, but then he got high... in his Porsche that had an "equipment violation" near a school. Yep, Camby got arrested for possession of marijuana in suburban Houston during the NBA lockout. Perhaps getting high is what he really meant in this 2007 interview where he talks about flying like Superman.
- 5Since only so much time can be spent holding pandas, Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul participated in some type of Chinese opera mask dance while on vacation in China, or danced with masks as people laughed, or something like that. You be the judge.
- 6With the demand for professional basketball players extremely low, Delonte West found another way to keep the lights on during the lockout by taking a job as a stock clerk for a furniture company. Fans didn't believe it leading West to posting a photo of his application, complete with his explanation of his criminal record.
- 7vWith no basketball to play, Minnesota Timberwolves star Kevin Love used his height for his advantage in another sport, professional beach volleyball. Sadly, his second-sport career was a short one as he and his partner Hans Stolfus loft swiftly in their debut.
- 8vPossibly taking the title for what not to do during the NBA lockout, New Jersey Nets star Kris Humphries doubled as a reality television star/trophy husband for a whopping 72 days to Miss Kim Kardashian. The marriage shockingly ended before the multi-million dollar wedding lost its rerun value on television, but don't despair, another reality show chronicling the breakup is on the way.
- 9vTaking his card shark talents to Las Vegas, Boston Celtics forward Paul Pierce anted up and played in the 2011 World Series of Poker. He actually didn't do too bad either as he finished ahead of more than half the starting field of 2,031.
- 10vIn addition to his work with fashion designer Rachel Roy on some new threads and wearing his little hipster glasses around looking handsome, Amar'e Stoudemire followed other displaced NBA stars as they sought employment at Foot Locker. No word on if the job actually paid more than what he earned filming this interview.
- 11NBA Rookie of the Year Blake Griffin found another way to earn cash and entertain fans by joining the comedy website Funny or Die as an intern during the NBA lockout. As shown in this surveillance video, Griffin was neither good at being an intern nor trash can basketball.
- 12Seattle native Spencer Hawes returned home for some rest and relaxation during the NBA lockout. In addition to his pumpkin carving, tweeting and actually working actively in the labor talks, he also got something, we're not sure exactly what, cut into his hair.