G Options B Comments & Embed
- 1500 inches of the nation's best snow, falling on amazing terrain. No snowboarders allowed last I checked.
- 2Big mountain, lotsa vert, great steeps and trees.
- 3Simply huge. Lots for everyone.
- 4Like Alta, but a little less snow, lots more snowboards.
- 5Over 300 days of sunshine each year, and still over 400 inches of annual snowfall. Usually open into June. My current home hill.
Silverton MountainA unique expert skiing experience. Hit it on the right day and it's as good as any heli outfit.
- 7Best major ski resort in CO.
- 8A hidden gem. Quality over quantity.
- 9Unbeatable terrain, but suffers from heavy snow and thaw/freeze cycles.
Red Mountain Ski ResortIncredible tree skiing. snow can be a little heavy.
Kicking Horse Ski ResortMonster mountain, tough to get to.
Revelstoke Mountain ResortSee description of Kicking Horse. Monster mountain (I think the most vert in North America), huge pain to get to, nobody there.
- 13Another little gem. Great little town, good terrain.
- 14Yet another little gem. Somewhat spoiled by proximity to Denver, but super-fun steeps.
- 15Love the vibe, fun mountain, not as expansive or as challenging as its neighbor, Squaw Valley
Big Sky ResortI haven't been, but I expect it deserves to be on this list.