- 1Le Guins story contrasts two worlds with very different political systems: one world (the planet) is very similar to earth, with nations and conflicts, the other one (the planets moon) is an anarchist society.BUY @ AMAZON
- 2In a near f*ture world, nations have crumbled away and been replaced by new "tribes" like the neo-victorians. The two protagonists are a nanotech engineer who builds an interactive book, and a young tribe-less girl named Nell who ends up with the book by accident.BUY @ AMAZON
The world Neal Stephenson describes here is just as fascinating as the fate of the protagonits. This book completely changed my opinion of the victorians.
- 3This book contains two stories about the near and far f*ture of humanity. The starting point is the invention of the "bobble," a spherical force-field impenetrable by any force.... and I will write no more lest I spoil it.BUY @ AMAZON
- 4Follow the story of Arthur Dent, last surviving earthling, as he stumbles through the galaxy in his bathrobe. Great Comedy, great science fiction. What started out as a BBC radio play in the 70ies grew into a trilogy of five books (don't ask), a tv series with really bad sfx and amazing animations, audio books, and a movie with great vfx in 2005.BUY @ AMAZON
If you only ever read one science fiction book, then read the Hitchhiker.
- 5A book from 1966 about a lunar colonys revolt against rule from Earth.BUY @ AMAZON
items 1 - 5 of 13
think you can do better?
Rerank This List
got a blog or website?