- 1+ 19- 6If you're looking for a chemical-free sunscreen for your baby, California Baby's No Fragrance Sunscreen Lotion with SPF 30+ could be it. This formula, which is water resistant, goes on smoothly and can be applied to baby's face and body for UVA/UVB sun protection. And it's not just for the little ones!
Price range: $13 to $20
- 2+ 19- 8Coppertone's Sport Ultra Sweatproof Sunscreen with SPF 30 is an ultra sweat and waterproof sunscreen lotion that doesn't leave you with that greasy feeling when you apply. You still get the great UVA/UVB protection, but you don't feel as if you're slip-sliding around! This particular sunscreen is also oil free, and it's hypoallergenic.
Price range: $9.99
- 3+ 13- 4Blue Lizard Australian Sunscreen Sensitive SPF 30+ sunscreen is a broad-spectrum protection sunscreen that contains zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. The formula is chemical-free and non-greasy (see: great for sensitive skin). One other 'cool' bonus: The bottle turns blue in UV light, to let you know when to apply!
Price range: $20 to $25
- 4+ 15- 12For those looking for a chemical-free sunscreen that still offers great, waterproof protection, Badger Sunscreen for Face and Body SPF 30 is a stellar option. Badger makes great sunscreens, period. This particular sunscreen is perfect for the face and the body, and it's unscented!
Price range: $13 - $16
- 5+ 10- 8Aveeno is quickly becoming a go-to sunscreen, offering a wide variety of different types of sunscreen (sprays, lotions) with varying degrees of SPF protection. Aveeno Active Naturals Continuous Protection with SPF 85 is a great sunscreen lotion that provides full protection from the sun in a lightweight, waterproof formula.
Price range: $8.50 - $10
- 6+ 9- 8Banana Boat's Sport Performance Continuous Spray Sunscreen offers SPF 50 protection from the sun's UVA and UVB rays. It's also waterproof, and it dries super quickly. This stuff stays on for quite a while (though it's always a good idea to reapply often, especially after swimming and/or sweating).
Price range: $6.99 to $8.99
- 7+ 7- 6The No-Ad line has long been a favorite among lif*guards and others who work in the sun: It's a cheap and effective sunscreen lotion, and it's very, very water and sweat-proof. The vitamin E and aloe ingredients also soften sun-weary skin.
Price range: $9.99
- 8+ 9- 9La Roche-Posay's Anthelios line is awesome, but it's pricey. Many swear by the products, despite the high cost. La Roche-Posay branched out into mineral sunscreens, offering it's Anthelios Mineral Ultra Light Fluid Sunscreen SPF 50. The result? A sunscreen that offers good protection for even the most sensitive skin. It's light, it's not greasy-feeling at all, and while it will set you back a pretty penny, you'll get a luxurious sunscreen that's waterproof and offers full UVA/UVB coverage. For the face, La Roche-Posay offers the Anthelios 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid.
Price range: $31.95
- 9+ 7- 7Hara Body Care Sport SPF 30 falls under the 'natural sunscreen' category, offering sun protection from a formula that contains natural ingredients like cocoa and shea butter. It's a broad-spectrum, mineral-based sunscreen, offering protection from UVA and UVB rays in a lotion that contains zinc.
This sunscreen is a personal favorite of mine. Since it's mineral-based, the ingredients can 'separate' over time. Just shake or knead the tube a bit before you put it on to mix everything up well before you apply.
Price range: $7.99 to $9
- 10+ 4- 5For those who prefer a spray sunscreen, Target's Up & Up Continuous Sport Spray SPF 30 fits the bill. This light, non-greasy, waterproof sunscreen spray provides full coverage from the sun's damaging rays, at a price that won't break your wallet.
Price range: $5.25, $9.50 for a twin-pack
- 11+ 4- 6Ocean Potion's Kids Instant Dry Mist is a quick, easy way to make sure your children are well-protected from the sun. The sunscreen goes on fast, offers quick and complete coverage and it's waterproof. To avoid sunburn, however, remember to reapply often - especially after children swim!
Price range: $7.50 - $8.50
- 12+ 2- 4Aubrey Organics' Natural Sun Green Tea Sunscreen with SPF 30+ is a natural, organic sunscreen that offers full sun protection in a product that contains no chemicals. The formula contains zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, along with green tea, jojoba and sunflower oils. It's very moisturizing.
Price range: $15.99
- 13+ 4- 7Ah, face sunscreen! Not all sunscreens are made for slathering on your face - some might cause sensitivity and possibly breakouts. Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock with SPF 55 is specifically designed to offer waterproof face protection from the sun. It's a very light lotion that won't leave your face feeling greasy.
Price range: $7.50 - $10