- 1This is my favorite game ever. I have no idea how Nintendo could have taken such a risky venture for their flagship series. Classic mario platforming, running, and jumping? Hardly present. A nonsensical story and a world filled with creepy and ugly villains with no backstory or motivation? Uber-present. I mean, I would think after travesties like 'Mario is Missing' and the Zelda CDI games that Nintendo would be playing things a little safer than this.BUY @ amazon
But somehow or another this game takes Squaresoft's solid RPG foundation and gives it a gloss of mario-esqe charm that makes for the perfect game. I mean the game is just beautiful visually, and endlessly replayable, and quirky, and packed with secrets, and challenging, and the battles have timed hits, and its just... just great.
In a better world, squaresoft would still exist and be awesome and they would have made proper sequels for this game and fleshed out this world, instead of leaving nintendo to make second rate mario rpg series.
- 2Best part about this game is the levels with multiple secret exits that allow you to take branching paths through the lovely and lively map. I can remember so many highlights of exploration that filled me with wonder, like the ghost house with the secret path to star road that gets you to bowser's castle and the end of the game, or the difficult maneuver one had to pull off to get to special road.BUY @ amazon
This was a game that rewarded exploration with something tangible and mind-blowing. If you were awesome at this game, you didn't just find a warp whistle or a minus world, you went up into space on different colored flying dinosaurs with magic powers and battled your way through a secret world and forgot about whatever princess-rescuing quest you were on.
- 3This is my favorite zelda game ever, so I'm shocking myself by ranking it as only my third favorite SNES game. What a system it was. Anyways, this game is epic, especially that dark world, a world so trippy that the first time Link sees it he turns into a harmless pink bunny and runs away.BUY @ amazon
This games needs to be remade or sequelized on the 3ds because of its use of depth of field tricks to try and produce different levels of action never really worked without proper 3d.
- 4This game is tops. so haunting, so challenging. The best secrets around. The best music around. It's such an epic platforming challenge that you somehow forget that it is about monkeys fighting against pirate crocodiles. Oh and this game introduces a flying character called Dixie Kong, which in most platform games would be totally game breaking, but here its just necessary cause you really have to look high and low for all of those DK coins.BUY @ amazon
- 5Oh man this game is sweet and funny as all get out. This is the rpg that made battles exciting and fun. And there was so much to find and multiple endings and everything. So great.BUY @ amazon
items 1 - 5 of 15
today on Ranker
start a list with results
close sorting window
use the search box to filter your list