- 1Up 6Down 1
Double-Deck Cheeseburger2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 pounds ground beef
1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
4 teaspoons prepared mustard
4 teaspoons dill pickle relish
6 hamburger buns, split
6 onion slices
6 tomato slices
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 12 thin patties.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, mayonnaise, mustard and relish; mix well.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons on each burger.
- Return to the broiler just until cheese softens.
- Serve on buns with lettuce, onion and tomato.
- 2Up 4Down 1
Garlic Mushroom and Swiss BurgerBurger
1.5 lbs 10% lean ground sirloin
1.5 lbs 15% lean ground beef
garlic pepper shopping list
1 T chopped garlic
1 packet dry Italian dressing mix
3 T grated parmesan
1 large white or yellow onion, sliced thin
1 tub fresh mushrooms, wiped clean and sliced
1 T butter or margarine
Splash jack Daniels
1/2 c grated swiss cheese
1/2 c grated provolone cheese
1/2 C mayo
1 large clove garlic
1/2 T lemon juice
zest from 1/2 lemon (1/4-1/2 t)
1/2 t fresh rosemary
1/2 T fresh oregano
1T fresh basil
- Preheat grill to medium heat
- Mix all ingredients by hand in large mixing bowl
- Shape into 6 large patties (leaving edges uneven helps burger to cook more evenly inside)
- Grill 8-12 minutes per side to desired doneness
-TURNING ONLY ONCE
- Drizzle saute pan with evoo and add 1 T butter, worcestershire, and splash jack daniels
- Saute onions and mushrooms
- Fry slices of thick cut peppered bacon and crumble
- Mix bacon with mushrooms and onions
- Place mayo in a small food processor.
- Finely mince garlic, or press, and add to mayo.
- Add lemon zest then juice.
- Chop all herbs and add to mayo mixture.
PUTTING IT TOGETHER
- Spread insides of buns with melted butter and palce on grill for a couple of minutes, until lightly browned
- Top each burger while on the grill with onion/mushroom/bacon mixture, then each type of cheese
- Spread buns with mayo, top with burger and big slice of tomato
- 3Up 3Down 1
Chili Cheese Fries1 (32 ounce) package frozen seasoned french fries
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons water
2 cups low-fat milk
1 tablespoon margarine
8 slices American cheese, cut into pieces
1 (15 ounce) can chili without beans (such as Hormel®)
- Prepare french fries as directed on the package.
- Stir cornstarch and water in a small cup until cornstarch dissolves; set aside.
- Bring milk and margarine to a boil in a saucepan, stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat and whisk the cornstarch mixture into the milk mixture.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cook and stir until the mixture is thick and smooth.
- Add the cheese to the milk mixture and stir until the cheese has melted and is well combined.
- Prepare chili as directed on the can.
- Pour the cooked chili and the cheese sauce over the top of the cooked french fries.
- 4Up 2Down 1
Big Boy Special Sauce2 C Hellman's Mayonaise
1/2 lemon, juice of
2 T. horseradish
2 T. minced onion
1/4 C. minced dill pickle/gherkins
1 clove garlic, minced
2 hard cooked eggs, yolks mashed, whites chopped
1 dash Tabasco sauce
1/3 C. catsup
- Mix all ingredients together, wisk till smooth.
- Of course you can use Low-fat mayo.
- Chill for 2 hours till all flavors combine.
- 5Up 2Down 2
Potato Pancake4 large potatoes
1 yellow onion
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
ground black pepper to taste
2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- Finely grate potatoes with onion into a large bowl.
- Drain off any excess liquid.
- Mix in egg, salt, and black pepper.
- Add enough flour to make mixture thick, about 2 to 4 tablespoons all together.
- Turn oven to low, about 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
- Heat 1/4 inch oil in the bottom of a heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Drop two or three 1/4 cup mounds into hot oil, and flatten to make 1/2 inch thick pancakes.
- Fry, turning once, until golden brown.
-Transfer to paper towel lined plates to drain, and keep warm in low oven until serving time.
- Repeat until all potato mixture is used.
items 1 - 5 of 12
today on Ranker
start a list with results
close sorting window
use the search box to filter your list