- 1Up 5Down 0
Steamed Broccoli with Shaved Parmesan3 -4 cups fresh broccoli florets
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cup butter
- Place the sugar the bottom of your pan, insert steamer basket.
- Add the enough water to come just below the bottom of the steamer basket.
- Bring to a boil.
-Reduce heat to medium.
- Add broccoli to basket and cover with a lid.
- Steam for 7-8 minutes, depending on your tenderness preference.
- Melt butter in the serving bowl in the microwave.
- Add broccoli and stir to coat.
- 2Up 4Down 0
BBQ Baby Back Ribs2 tbsp. kosher salt
2 tbsp. paprika
4 tbsp. granulated garlic
1 tbsp. onion powder
1 tsp. cumin seed
1 tsp. Durkee Ancho pepper
2 tsp. dry mustard
2 tsp. black pepper
- Combine ingredients well and rub on ribs.
- Remove membrane from ribs by sliding knife underneath and peeling back the membrane on the back.
- Season ribs all over with rub, concentrating on the meatier portions and rubbing seasonings well into the ribs.
- Cook ribs over indirect heat (250°F-300°F) for 3-4 hours.
- Hickory, mesquite, apple or other fruit wood may soaked in water and tossed in small quantities.
- Add more charcoal to the fire as the cooking progresses in order to maintain temperature.
- After 3 or 4 hours of slow barbequing, arrange the ribs on a shallow-sided disposable aluminum pan.
- Mop them on both sides with the mixture below.
- Cook for another hour, mop again, turn.
- Baste the ribs and check the coals at least once every hour for the next 3-4 hours.
- Baste on both sides well with your preferred BBQ sauce .
- Sprinkle lightly with garlic and onion powder, and wrap each rack of ribs well in heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Allow to rest in the foil for 30 minutes.
- When ribs are done, they will be fall-off-the-bone tender.
- Total cooking time is approximately 4-8 hours but this will vary according to your grill and the size of the rib rack (s) being cooked.
-The ribs are done when falling-off-the-bone tender.
1 cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon garlic
1 cup water
3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3Up 3Down 0
Sesame-Teriyaki Chicken Breast1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon liquid smoke seasoning
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
1/4 cup sesame seeds, lightly toasted
8 ounces cellophane noodles, soaked in hot water until tender
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
2 teaspoons sesame oil
4 cups snap peas, steamed
- Coat a stove-top grill pan or griddle with cooking spray .
- Set over medium-high heat to preheat.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together soy sauce, honey, molasses, ginger, garlic, liquid smoke seasoning, and black pepper. - Add chicken strips and turn to coat.
- Place chicken on hot grill and cook 5 to 7 minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove chicken from grill pan and roll in toasted sesame seeds.
- 4Up 2Down 0
Fried Shrimp1 1/2 pounds boiled shrimp
2 cups milk
cornmeal or bread crumbs
1/8 teaspoon salt
- Mix milk with egg.
- Add shrimp and let stand for 3 minutes.
- Mix equal parts of flour and cornmeal or bread crumbs with salt and pepper.
- Coat shrimp well with mixture.
- Cook shrimp in hot deep fast at 375° until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- 5Up 2Down 2
Bacon-Wrapped Filet Mignon2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon parsley flakes
1 teaspoon instant minced onion
4 beef tenderloins, 1'-1 1/2" thick
4 slices bacon
- Preheat the broiler.
- Melt butter and add parsley and onion.
- Wrap each tenderloin with a slice of bacon, secure with toothpick.
- Put wrapped tenderloins on broiler pans and broil 3-4" from heat.
- Broil 5-7 minutes for rare, 8-10 for medium, each side.
- Brush with butter mixture occasionally while cooking.
- 6Up 1Down 1
Grilled King Salmon3 tablespoons olive oil
4 (6-ounce) Alaskan salmon fillets
Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high and coat with oil.
- Season both sides of each salmon fillet with salt and pepper and place on the grill.
- Grill until the center is still slightly pink, 6 to 8 minutes total, rotating fish 90 degrees halfway during cooking on each side - Remove from the grill.
items 1 - 6 of 9
got a blog or website?