- 1 ReRank
- 2 See list ranked by
G Options B Comments & Embed 2rerank list
- 1+ 45- 16Featuring Asa Butterfield (the adorable little boy from HUGO) as Ender as well as Abigail Breslin, Harrison Ford, Hailee Steinfeld, Viola Davis, and Ben Kingsley, ENDER'S GAME looks like a promising adaptation of a beloved novel.
We can't wait to see the all-star cast bring this story to life.
In case you aren't familiar with ENDER'S GAME, here's the book description :: In order to develop a secure defense against a hostile alien race's next attack, government agencies breed child geniuses and train them as soldiers. A brilliant young boy, Andrew "Ender" Wiggin lives with his kind but distant parents, his sadistic brother Peter, and the person he loves more than anyone else, his sister Valentine. Peter and Valentine were candidates for the soldier-training program but didn't make the cut--young Ender is the Wiggin drafted to the orbiting Battle School for rigorous military training.
- 2+ 39- 13We've been excited about the film adaptation of THE GREAT GATSBY ever since it was announced.
Carey Mullligan is the perfect cast for the iconic Daisy Buchanan, and nobody but Leo DiCaprio could be Gatsby.
If you've never read the novel, here's the book description :: This exemplary novel of the Jazz Age has been acclaimed by generations of readers. The story of the fabulously wealthy Jay Gatsby and his love for the beautiful Daisy Buchanan, of lavish parties on Long Island at a time when The New York Times noted “gin was the national drink and sex the national obsession,” it is an exquisitely crafted tale of America in the 1920s.
- 3+ 43- 21Okay. Confession time. We're obsessed with The Hunger Games. Both the movie and the book.
We can't wait to see the jungle-and-beach that is the arena of The Quarter Quell. Parts of the film were filmed in Hawaii - but the quell is nowhere close to a vacation. Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are joined by newcomers Sam Claflin and Jena Malone to fight for the death in the 75th annual Hunger Games.
May the odds be ever in your favor.
In case you've been living under a rock and haven't read the book, here's a description :: Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.
- 4+ 31- 15It has Brad Pitt in it. Brad Pitt + Zombies = a movie that we're definitely watching.
For some fun trivia about a setback the crew experienced while filming in Hungary, check this out: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816711/trivia?tab=tr&item=tr1570880
About the Book :: The Zombie War came unthinkably close to eradicating humanity. Max Brooks, driven by the urgency of preserving the acid-etched first-hand experiences of the survivors from those apocalyptic years, traveled across the United States of America and throughout the world, from decimated cities that once teemed with upwards of thirty million souls to the most remote and inhospitable areas of the planet.
- 5+ 31- 16Starring Lily Collins, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Lena Headey, and Aiden Turner, City of Bones is the story of teenager Clary Fray.
About the Book :: When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder -- much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing -- not even a smear of blood -- to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?
- 6+ 34- 19If you're a Twi-Hard, you're probably lining up to see THE HOST, based on the novel of the same name by Stephenie Meyer. This one has a bit more fantasy than Twilight, and with stars like Diane Kruger and Saorsie Ronan, it's got to be good.
About the book :: Melanie Stryder refuses to fade away. The earth has been invaded by a species that take over the minds of human hosts while leaving their bodies intact. Wanderer, the invading "soul" who has been given Melanie's body, didn't expect to find its former tenant refusing to relinquish possession of her mind.
- 7+ 25- 17Oz, The Great and Powerful is a new take on L. Frank Baum's classic tale, focusing on the wizard and witches rather than Dorothy. It stars James Franco, Mila Kunis, Rachel Weisz, and Michelle Williams.
About the Book :: Dorothy finds herself transplanted to the magical land of Oz when her house is sucked up by a tornado. To get back home she must follow the yellow brick road to the Emerald City to ask the Wizard to help her get back to Kansas. Along the way she meets several interesting characters including the Scarecrow, the Tin Woodman, and the Cowardly Lion who join her on her travels to ask the Wizard for help of their own.
- 8+ 16- 9