< >Show: 5 25
- the list
Rerank This List
View as a
- 1Up 14Down 0
Cajun Shrimp2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Saute the paprika, thyme, salt, nutmeg, garlic powder and cayenne in oil for 30 seconds.
- Stir constantly.
- Add shrimp.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Stirring occasionally.
- 2Up 11Down 2
Dumb Luck Coconut ShrimpShrimp Batter Mix.
2 Cups All Purpose Plain Flour.
1/2 Cup Beer.
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder.
Coconut Oil To Fry Your Shrimp In.
3 Cups Fresh Frozen Coconut.
For seasoning mix :
1 Tablespoon Ground Cayenne Pepper.
2 Teaspoons Salt.
2 Teaspoons Sweet Paprika.
2 Teaspoons Black Pepper.
2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder.
1 Teaspoon Onion Powder.
1 Teaspoon Thyme.
- Mix all your seasoning mix together. set aside.
- In a blender mix 1-4 of your shrimp batter together and mix very well in your blender.
- Put your coconut out into a bowl.
- Dip your shrimp by the tail into first the seasoning mix and coat well.
- Dip into the batter and now roll in the coconut .
- Lay shrimp out on a tray or platter.
- Cover coconut shrimp with plastic wrap .
- Place into the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before deep frying in a 350 degree deep fryer until golden brown.
- 3Up 5Down 0
Mama's Southern Fried Chicken1 (3- to 4-pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 cups buttermilk
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in a shallow dish or zip-top plastic bag.
- Add buttermilk.
- Cover or seal, and chill at least 2 hours.
- Remove chicken from buttermilk, discarding buttermilk.
- Dredge chicken in flour.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1 1/2 inches in a deep skillet or Dutch oven; heat to 360°.
- Add chicken, a few pieces at a time.
- Cover and cook 6 minutes.
- Uncover chicken, and cook 9 minutes.
-Turn chicken; cover and cook 6 minutes.
- Uncover and cook 5 to 9 minutes, turning chicken the last 3 minutes for even browning, if necessary.
- Drain on paper towels.
- 4Up 3Down 0
Dixie Style Baby Back RIbs4 pounds packet pork back ribs
barbecue sauce, (purchased or homemade)
- Season ribs with salt and pepper.
- Place ribs on a medium-hot grill over indirect heat.
- Close grill hood and grill until ribs are tender, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. (add more charcoal briquettes to fire, if necessary, to maintain grill temperature of about 325-350 degrees F.)
- Finish by turning and basting ribs with barbecue sauce for the last 15 minutes.
- Serve ribs directly from the grill or, for extra tender ribs remove from grill.
- Wrap in heavy aluminum foil.
- Place foil-wrapped ribs in brown paper bags, close bags.
- Let ribs rest for up to an hour.
- Unwrap ribs, cut into serving pieces and serve with extra barbecue sauce.
- 5Up 3Down 0
Shrimp Chimichurri Skewers1/2 Cup Olive Oil
1/3 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
1/2 Cup Onion (finely chopped)
1 Teaspoon Garlic
1/3 Cup Parsley
1 Teaspoon Oregano
1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne (or to taste)
1 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
2 Pounds Large Shrimp, Peeled
- Throw First 9 ingredients in blender, puree 10 seconds.
- Let stand at room temperature for 2 hours or so.
- Warm barbeque medium - high.
- Toss peeled Shrimp with 4 tablespoons of Chimichurri sauce.
- Skewer shrimp and barbeque until pink.
- Use the rest of the Chimichurri sauce over the Shrimp and rice.
items 1 - 5 of 8
think you can do better?
rerank this list
got a blog or website?
iPad users, go Landscape for the best experience!