- 1Up 6Down 1
Bruschetta1 French baguette, cut into 1/2 inch thick circles
8 plum tomatoes, diced
1 cup chopped fresh basil
1/2 red onion, minced
freshly ground black pepper
3 cloves garlic
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Combine tomato, basil, and red onion in a small mixing bowl.
- Stir well.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Set aside.
- Arrange bread on a baking sheet.
- Place in oven, and bake until well toasted, approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove bread from oven, and transfer to a large serving platter.
- Let bread cool 3 to 5 minutes.
- Rub garlic into the top of each slice of toast.
- The toast should glisten with the garlic.
- Spoon the tomato mixture generously onto each slice.
- 2Up 3Down 1
Zuppa Di Giorno2 cups seasoned fish stock
8 each scrubbed Manila clams, mussels
16 large shrimp, shelled, deveined
1/2 pound calamari, cut in rings
1/2 pound boneless, skinless, salmon or sea bass, in chunks
- Bring fish stock to a simmer.
- Dust seafood with flour.
- Add clams and mussels to saucepan, cover.
- Cook over medium heat until shells open, about 3 minutes.
- Discard any unopened ones.
- Add remaining seafood and parsley.
- Cook 3 to 5 minutes until shrimp turn pink, fish is done.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Ladle into bowls.
- Good with crisp garlic toast.
- 3Up 2Down 0
Chicken Cannelloni1 cooked chicken, cut into small pieces.
2 boxes Cannelloni
1 large carton thick cream
1 diced onion
2 sticks diced celery
2 cup diced mushrooms
2 diced carrot
Garlic to taste
Basil to taste
Mixed herbs to taste
1 bottle (400g) pasta sauce of your choice
1 cup red wine (optional)
1 cup (250ml) water
500g mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Diced and chopped all the ingredients into small pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the chicken, cream, onion, celery, mushrooms, carrot, capsicum, garlic, herbs and basil.
- In a separate bowl mix the pasta sauce and wine together.
- Stuff the cannelloni shells with the chicken mix.
- In a large dish, place 1 layer of stuffed cannelloni shells.
- Pour over water and half of the pasta sauce mix.
- Add another layer of cannelloni shells pour over remaining sauce mix.
- Spread cheese over the top and cover the dish with foil.
- Cook for 40 mins or until the cannelloni is soft.
- 4Up 1Down 0
Cheese Manicotti1 (8 ounce) package manicotti shells
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
2 cups ricotta cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons dried basil
2 (26 ounce) jars pasta sauce
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add manicotti and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente, drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix 3 cups mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, garlic, egg, and basil.
- Stuff cooked manicotti with the mixture.
- Spread about 2 cups pasta sauce over the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Arrange stuffed manicotti in the dish.
- Cover with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
- Continue baking 10 minutes, until mozzarella is melted and bubbly.
- 5Up 1Down 1
Chopped Antipasto Salad6 cups torn lettuce leaves
8 ounces hard salami, julienned
6 ounces provolone cheese, julienned
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 (6 ounce) can pitted ripe olives , drained, halved
1 tablespoon minced chives
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the lettuce on a large serving platter.
- Arrange the salami, cheeses, tomatoes and olives over top.
- Sprinkle with chives.
- In a blender, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and process until smooth.
- Drizzle over salad.
items 1 - 5 of 10
today on Ranker
start a list with results
close sorting window
use the search box to filter your list