- 1+ 5- 0
1 cooked chicken, cut into small pieces.
2 boxes Cannelloni
1 large carton thick cream
1 diced onion
2 sticks diced celery
2 cup diced mushrooms
2 diced carrot
Garlic to taste
Basil to taste
Mixed herbs to taste
1 bottle (400g) pasta sauce of your choice
1 cup red wine (optional)
1 cup (250ml) water
500g mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Diced and chopped all the ingredients into small pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the chicken, cream, onion, celery, mushrooms, carrot, capsicum, garlic, herbs and basil.
- In a separate bowl mix the pasta sauce and wine together.
- Stuff the cannelloni shells with the chicken mix.
- In a large dish, place 1 layer of stuffed cannelloni shells.
- Pour over water and half of the pasta sauce mix.
- Add another layer of cannelloni shells pour over remaining sauce mix.
- Spread cheese over the top and cover the dish with foil.
- Cook for 40 mins or until the cannelloni is soft.
- 2+ 6- 1
1 French baguette, cut into 1/2 inch thick circles
8 plum tomatoes, diced
1 cup chopped fresh basil
1/2 red onion, minced
freshly ground black pepper
3 cloves garlic
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Combine tomato, basil, and red onion in a small mixing bowl.
- Stir well.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Set aside.
- Arrange bread on a baking sheet.
- Place in oven, and bake until well toasted, approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove bread from oven, and transfer to a large serving platter.
- Let bread cool 3 to 5 minutes.
- Rub garlic into the top of each slice of toast.
- The toast should glisten with the garlic.
- Spoon the tomato mixture generously onto each slice.
- 3+ 3- 1
Zuppa Di Giorno
2 cups seasoned fish stock
8 each scrubbed Manila clams, mussels
16 large shrimp, shelled, deveined
1/2 pound calamari, cut in rings
1/2 pound boneless, skinless, salmon or sea bass, in chunks
- Bring fish stock to a simmer.
- Dust seafood with flour.
- Add clams and mussels to saucepan, cover.
- Cook over medium heat until shells open, about 3 minutes.
- Discard any unopened ones.
- Add remaining seafood and parsley.
- Cook 3 to 5 minutes until shrimp turn pink, fish is done.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Ladle into bowls.
- Good with crisp garlic toast.
- 4+ 3- 1
Chopped Antipasto Salad
6 cups torn lettuce leaves
8 ounces hard salami, julienned
6 ounces provolone cheese, julienned
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 (6 ounce) can pitted ripe olives , drained, halved
1 tablespoon minced chives
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the lettuce on a large serving platter.
- Arrange the salami, cheeses, tomatoes and olives over top.
- Sprinkle with chives.
- In a blender, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and process until smooth.
- Drizzle over salad.
- 5+ 2- 0
1 (8 ounce) package manicotti shells
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
2 cups ricotta cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons dried basil
2 (26 ounce) jars pasta sauce
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add manicotti and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente, drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix 3 cups mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, garlic, egg, and basil.
- Stuff cooked manicotti with the mixture.
- Spread about 2 cups pasta sauce over the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Arrange stuffed manicotti in the dish.
- Cover with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
- Continue baking 10 minutes, until mozzarella is melted and bubbly.
- 6+ 3- 2
6 (3-ounce) chicken cutlets, pounded to evenly flatten
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 paper-thin slices prosciutto
1 (10-ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1 (14-ounce) can low-salt chicken broth
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Place the chicken cutlets flat on the work surface.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Lay 1 slice of prosciutto atop each chicken cutlet.
- Squeeze the frozen spinach to remove the excess water.
- Season the spinach with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, toss the spinach with 1 tablespoon of oil to coat.
- Arrange an even, thin layer of spinach atop the prosciutto slices.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan evenly over each.
- Beginning at the short tapered end, roll up each chicken cutlet as for a jellyroll.
- Secure with a toothpick.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a heavy large skillet over high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook just until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Add the chicken broth and lemon juice.
- Scrape the browned bits off the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Bring the liquid to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium.
- Cover and simmer until the chicken is just cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter.
- Simmer the cooking liquid over high heat until it is reduced to about 2/3 cup.
- Season the cooking liquid with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Remove toothpicks from the chicken.
- Drizzle the reduced cooking liquid over the chicken and serve immediately.
- 7+ 1- 0
1 pound rigatoni or large tube pasta, cooked and drained
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 (26 ounce) jar Ragu® Old World Style® Sweet Tomato Basil Smooth Pasta Sauce, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toss hot rigatoni, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella, ricotta, parmesan and 1/2 jar pasta sauce.
- Turn into 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Evenly pour on remaining Pasta Sauce.
- Bake covered 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella and let stand until cheese is melted.
- 8+ 1- 0
Extra-virgin olive oil
2 large eggplant, about 2 pounds
Salt and pepper
2 cups basic tomato sauce, recipe follows
1 bunch fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
1 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced 1/8-inch thick
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs, lightly toasted under broiler
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Using some extra-virgin olive oil, oil a baking sheet.
- Slice each eggplant into 6 pieces about 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Lightly season each disk with salt and pepper and place on the oiled sheet.
- Bake the eggplant at 450 degrees F until the slices begin turning deep brown on top.
- Remove the eggplants from the oven.
- Remove the slices from the baking sheet and place them on a plate to cool.
- Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- In an 8 by 12-inch brownie pan, place the 4 largest eggplant slice evenly spaced apart.
- Over each slice, spread 1/4 cup of tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle with a teaspoon of basil.
- Place one slice of mozzarella over each.
- Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon grated Parmigiano.
- Place the smaller slices of eggplant over each of the disks.
- Repeat with tomato sauce, basil, and the 2 cheeses.
- Repeat the layering again until all the ingredients are used.
- Sprinkle the toasted bread crumbs over the top of the eggplant dish.
- Bake uncovered until the cheese is melts and the tops turn light brown.
- 9+ 0- 0
1 lb lasagna noodle , cooked
2 (16 ounce) jars meatless sauce
1 lb ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 lb mozzarella cheese , sliced thin
3/4 cup chopped onion
2 garlic cloves , chopped or minced
2 teaspoons salt
2 eggs , beaten
2 lbs ground beef
2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions or until tender but still firm.
- Drain, keep warm.
- Saute the ground beef, garlic and onion is a large heavy skillet or saucepan until beef is done.
- Add sauce, salt, and Italian seasoning and mix well.
- Simmer on low heat 12-15 minutes .
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs and ricotta cheese.
- Grease a 9" x 12" or larger, baking pan.
- Arrange a first layer of noodles so the ends hang over the sides of the pan.
(The ends will be laid back-over the top for the final layer).
- Then add a layer of the cooked beef lasagna sauce, ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Add a second alternating layer of pasta, the meat sauce and cheese mixture.
- Repeat until pan is almost full.
- Fold over the ends of the first layer of noodles and top with more lasagna sauce.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes , or till cheese is bubbly.
- Allow to set for 5-10 minutes before cutting.
- 10+ 0- 1
2 quarts extra-virgin olive oil, for frying
1 pound fresh calamari, cleaned and drained
2 lemons, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices, plus 2 lemons, cut in wedges for garnish
1/2 pound sea scallops, cut in 1/2 across the equator, (dry or diver)
2 cups cornstarch
1 tablespoon salt
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pour enough oil into a deep pan .
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat until just smoking.
- In a wide, shallow bowl, mix 1/2 the calamari, 1/2 the lemon slices, and 1/2 the scallops.
- Sprinkle the mixture with 1 cup cornstarch and salt .
- Using your hands, toss the mixture quickly so that the cornstarch coats everything.
- Toss the coated mixture into the basket (or large strainer) with a handle.
- Bat the strainer against your hand to shake off any excess cornstarch.
- Carefully drop the coated seafood and lemon mixture into the hot oil and cook until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the fritto to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Immediately repeat, combining the remaining lemons, calamari, scallops, and cornstarch.
- Season the hot fried foods with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with fresh lemon wedges.
L The List