- 6Up 0Down 0
Baked Rigatoni1 pound rigatoni or large tube pasta, cooked and drained
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 (26 ounce) jar Ragu® Old World Style® Sweet Tomato Basil Smooth Pasta Sauce, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toss hot rigatoni, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella, ricotta, parmesan and 1/2 jar pasta sauce.
- Turn into 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Evenly pour on remaining Pasta Sauce.
- Bake covered 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella and let stand until cheese is melted.
- 7Up 0Down 0
Eggplant ParmigianaExtra-virgin olive oil
2 large eggplant, about 2 pounds
Salt and pepper
2 cups basic tomato sauce, recipe follows
1 bunch fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
1 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced 1/8-inch thick
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs, lightly toasted under broiler
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Using some extra-virgin olive oil, oil a baking sheet.
- Slice each eggplant into 6 pieces about 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Lightly season each disk with salt and pepper and place on the oiled sheet.
- Bake the eggplant at 450 degrees F until the slices begin turning deep brown on top.
- Remove the eggplants from the oven.
- Remove the slices from the baking sheet and place them on a plate to cool.
- Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- In an 8 by 12-inch brownie pan, place the 4 largest eggplant slice evenly spaced apart.
- Over each slice, spread 1/4 cup of tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle with a teaspoon of basil.
- Place one slice of mozzarella over each.
- Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon grated Parmigiano.
- Place the smaller slices of eggplant over each of the disks.
- Repeat with tomato sauce, basil, and the 2 cheeses.
- Repeat the layering again until all the ingredients are used.
- Sprinkle the toasted bread crumbs over the top of the eggplant dish.
- Bake uncovered until the cheese is melts and the tops turn light brown.
- 8Up 1Down 1
Chopped Antipasto Salad6 cups torn lettuce leaves
8 ounces hard salami, julienned
6 ounces provolone cheese, julienned
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 (6 ounce) can pitted ripe olives , drained, halved
1 tablespoon minced chives
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the lettuce on a large serving platter.
- Arrange the salami, cheeses, tomatoes and olives over top.
- Sprinkle with chives.
- In a blender, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and process until smooth.
- Drizzle over salad.
- 9Up 1Down 2
Chicken Saltimboca6 (3-ounce) chicken cutlets, pounded to evenly flatten
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 paper-thin slices prosciutto
1 (10-ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1 (14-ounce) can low-salt chicken broth
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Place the chicken cutlets flat on the work surface.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Lay 1 slice of prosciutto atop each chicken cutlet.
- Squeeze the frozen spinach to remove the excess water.
- Season the spinach with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, toss the spinach with 1 tablespoon of oil to coat.
- Arrange an even, thin layer of spinach atop the prosciutto slices.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan evenly over each.
- Beginning at the short tapered end, roll up each chicken cutlet as for a jellyroll.
- Secure with a toothpick.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a heavy large skillet over high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook just until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Add the chicken broth and lemon juice.
- Scrape the browned bits off the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Bring the liquid to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium.
- Cover and simmer until the chicken is just cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter.
- Simmer the cooking liquid over high heat until it is reduced to about 2/3 cup.
- Season the cooking liquid with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Remove toothpicks from the chicken.
- Drizzle the reduced cooking liquid over the chicken and serve immediately.
- 10Up 0Down 1
Fritto Misto2 quarts extra-virgin olive oil, for frying
1 pound fresh calamari, cleaned and drained
2 lemons, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices, plus 2 lemons, cut in wedges for garnish
1/2 pound sea scallops, cut in 1/2 across the equator, (dry or diver)
2 cups cornstarch
1 tablespoon salt
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pour enough oil into a deep pan .
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat until just smoking.
- In a wide, shallow bowl, mix 1/2 the calamari, 1/2 the lemon slices, and 1/2 the scallops.
- Sprinkle the mixture with 1 cup cornstarch and salt .
- Using your hands, toss the mixture quickly so that the cornstarch coats everything.
- Toss the coated mixture into the basket (or large strainer) with a handle.
- Bat the strainer against your hand to shake off any excess cornstarch.
- Carefully drop the coated seafood and lemon mixture into the hot oil and cook until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the fritto to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Immediately repeat, combining the remaining lemons, calamari, scallops, and cornstarch.
- Season the hot fried foods with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with fresh lemon wedges.
items 6 - 10 of 10
got a blog or website?