L The List
- 7+ 0- 0
Baked Lasagna1 lb lasagna noodle , cooked
2 (16 ounce) jars meatless sauce
1 lb ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 lb mozzarella cheese , sliced thin
3/4 cup chopped onion
2 garlic cloves , chopped or minced
2 teaspoons salt
2 eggs , beaten
2 lbs ground beef
2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions or until tender but still firm.
- Drain, keep warm.
- Saute the ground beef, garlic and onion is a large heavy skillet or saucepan until beef is done.
- Add sauce, salt, and Italian seasoning and mix well.
- Simmer on low heat 12-15 minutes .
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs and ricotta cheese.
- Grease a 9" x 12" or larger, baking pan.
- Arrange a first layer of noodles so the ends hang over the sides of the pan.
(The ends will be laid back-over the top for the final layer).
- Then add a layer of the cooked beef lasagna sauce, ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Add a second alternating layer of pasta, the meat sauce and cheese mixture.
- Repeat until pan is almost full.
- Fold over the ends of the first layer of noodles and top with more lasagna sauce.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes , or till cheese is bubbly.
- Allow to set for 5-10 minutes before cutting.
- 8+ 0- 0
Baked Rigatoni1 pound rigatoni or large tube pasta, cooked and drained
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 (26 ounce) jar Ragu® Old World Style® Sweet Tomato Basil Smooth Pasta Sauce, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toss hot rigatoni, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella, ricotta, parmesan and 1/2 jar pasta sauce.
- Turn into 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Evenly pour on remaining Pasta Sauce.
- Bake covered 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella and let stand until cheese is melted.
- 9+ 0- 0
Eggplant ParmigianaExtra-virgin olive oil
2 large eggplant, about 2 pounds
Salt and pepper
2 cups basic tomato sauce, recipe follows
1 bunch fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
1 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced 1/8-inch thick
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs, lightly toasted under broiler
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Using some extra-virgin olive oil, oil a baking sheet.
- Slice each eggplant into 6 pieces about 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Lightly season each disk with salt and pepper and place on the oiled sheet.
- Bake the eggplant at 450 degrees F until the slices begin turning deep brown on top.
- Remove the eggplants from the oven.
- Remove the slices from the baking sheet and place them on a plate to cool.
- Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- In an 8 by 12-inch brownie pan, place the 4 largest eggplant slice evenly spaced apart.
- Over each slice, spread 1/4 cup of tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle with a teaspoon of basil.
- Place one slice of mozzarella over each.
- Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon grated Parmigiano.
- Place the smaller slices of eggplant over each of the disks.
- Repeat with tomato sauce, basil, and the 2 cheeses.
- Repeat the layering again until all the ingredients are used.
- Sprinkle the toasted bread crumbs over the top of the eggplant dish.
- Bake uncovered until the cheese is melts and the tops turn light brown.
- 10+ 0- 1
Fritto Misto2 quarts extra-virgin olive oil, for frying
1 pound fresh calamari, cleaned and drained
2 lemons, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices, plus 2 lemons, cut in wedges for garnish
1/2 pound sea scallops, cut in 1/2 across the equator, (dry or diver)
2 cups cornstarch
1 tablespoon salt
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pour enough oil into a deep pan .
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat until just smoking.
- In a wide, shallow bowl, mix 1/2 the calamari, 1/2 the lemon slices, and 1/2 the scallops.
- Sprinkle the mixture with 1 cup cornstarch and salt .
- Using your hands, toss the mixture quickly so that the cornstarch coats everything.
- Toss the coated mixture into the basket (or large strainer) with a handle.
- Bat the strainer against your hand to shake off any excess cornstarch.
- Carefully drop the coated seafood and lemon mixture into the hot oil and cook until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the fritto to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Immediately repeat, combining the remaining lemons, calamari, scallops, and cornstarch.
- Season the hot fried foods with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with fresh lemon wedges.