- 1Up 10Down 0
Jalapeno Poppers1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (8 ounce) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup mayonnaise
15 fresh jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 tablespoon milk
1 1/2 cups crushed corn flake cereal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a medium baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, sharp Cheddar cheese and mayonnaise.
- Stuff jalapeno halves with the mixture.
- Whisk together eggs and milk in a small bowl.
- Place crushed corn flake cereal in a separate small bowl.
- Dip each stuffed jalapeno half into the egg and milk mixture.
- Roll in corn flake cereal to coat.
- Arrange in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until filling is bubbly and lightly browned.
- 2Up 21Down 2
Tilapia Scampi3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
8 cloves garlic, halved
4 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets, rinsed and patted dry
1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Prepare a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the butter, lemon juice, and garlic in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat in microwave in 10-second increments until the butter is completely melted and the garlic has softened.
- Stir between each session, about 1 minute total.
- Arrange the tilapia in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Pour the butter mixture over the fillets assuring they are all evenly covered.
- Sprinkle the parsley over the tilapia.
- Bake in the preheated oven.
- Turn the fillets every 10 minutes, until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 40 minutes total.
- 3Up 34Down 8
Captain D's Fish1 1/2 cups Flour
1 pkg. Dry yeast
1 cup Beer (Coors worked)
1/2 cup Hot water
1/2 tsp. Salt
- Mix the yeast and flour together.
- In another bowl beat together the egg, hot water and salt.
- Add the beer to the egg mixture.
- Next beat in the flour and yeast.
- Drop fish into batter and cover thoroughly.
- Fry in hot oil.
- Drain on paper towels after removing from oil.
- 4Up 3Down 0
CheeseSticks1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
4 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
3 tablespoons sour cream
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Cut in butter and cheese with pastry blender.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Shape into a ball and chill 2 hours.
- On a lightly floured surface.
- Roll out dough 1/8-inch thick.
- Cut into strips 1/4-inch wide and 3 inches long.
- Bake at 425° for 8 minutes.
- 5Up 2Down 0
Wild Alaskan Salmon SaladRUSSIAN DRESSING:
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon finely chopped gherkins
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 8-ounce salmon fillets*
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, cut into wedges or shredded
1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients.
- Set aside.
For the salad:
- Season each fillet with salt and pepper.
- In a microwave-safe baking dish, combine the butter and lemon juice.
- Place the fish in the dish, turning to coat.
- Sprinkle with fresh dill.
- Cover dish with plastic wrap and poke several holes in the plastic with a fork.
- Microwave on high (100% power) for 2 to 3 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Once fish is cool enough to handle, remove any skin and flake the salmon into chunks.
- Divide the lettuce and onion between two plates.
- Place salmon chunks on top of the lettuce.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad. *Use Alaskan salmon if you can fi nd it.
got a blog or website?