- 1When Heath Ledger accidentally overdosed in 2008, among the numerous prescriptions found in his system was Oxy. Ledger had been prescribed the opiate in order to deal with pain from an injury he sustained while filming. He was also taking other pain relievers along with sedatives, and that cocktail killed.
Birthplace: Perth, Australia
Profession: Actor, Music video director
Institution: Guildford Grammar School, Mary's Mount Primary School
Cause Of Death: Drug overdose, Combined drug intoxication
Place Of Death: New York City, New York, United States of America
Heath Ledger : see more
- 2Rush Limbaugh announced on his radio show that he too was addicted to Oxy and would be checking himself into rehab. It came one week after law enforcement sources that Limbaugh's name had come up during an investigation into a black market drug ring in Palm Beach County, Florida.
Birthplace: Cape Girardeau, Missouri, United States of America
Profession: Commentator, Talk show host, Author, Radio personality, Actor
Institution: Central High School, Southeast Missouri State University
Rush Limbaugh : see more
- 3In 2003 Courtney love was arrested for breaking several windows of her neighbor, she was booked for being under the influence of a controlled substance, then released. Courtney Love's daughter Francis Bean was removed from her custody and Love fought a very public battle to regain custody. She gave an interview to People magazine and in it said that after being released from police custody she when home and took at least 20 mgs. of Oxy-Contin "to be knocked out." When Love got sick, Frances made her green tea and kept her company, along with a nanny, until an ambulance came. "That's the only time my daughter has ever, ever, ever pitched in on one of my little crises," Love says. "I made it fun. I said it was going to be gross and I was going to have to make myself throw up, but it was going to be okay." According to an L.A. County Department of Children and Family Services report, Frances stated at the time that she was "scared but knew her mother would be okay after they pumped her stomach."
Birthplace: California, United States of America
Profession: Film Score Composer, Record producer, Guitarist, Songwriter, Musician + 5 more
Institution: Trinity College, Dublin
Medical Conditions: Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
Courtney Love : see more
- 4In 1989, Cindy McCain developed an addiction to Oxy, which she initially took to alleviate pain following two spinal surgeries for ruptured discs and to ease emotional stress.The addiction progressed to where she was taking upwards of twenty pills a day, and she resorted to having an AVMT physician write illegal prescriptions in the names of three AVMT employees without their knowledge.
Birthplace: Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America
Institution: University of Southern California
Cindy McCain : see more
- 5In 2002 Ryder was busted for shoplifting and also for being in possession of narcotics without a prescription. In December of that same year she was sentenced to three years' probation, 480 hours of community service, $3,700 in fines, $6,355 in restitution to the Saks Fifth Avenue store, and ordered to attend psychological and drug counseling.
Birthplace: Minnesota, United States of America
Profession: Actor, Voice acting
Institution: Petaluma High School, American Conservatory Theater
Winona Ryder : see more
items 1 - 5 of 6
got a blog or website?