L The List
- In April 2015, Jemima Kirke released a PSA video about her decision to get an abortion when she was a college student in 2007. “I still see shame and embarrassment around terminating pregnancies, getting pregnant—I still see it,” she says in the video. “So I have always been open about my stories, especially with other women.”
- Chelsea Handler has spoken openly about having an abortion at age 16.
(Source)more ABOUTAge: 40
Birthplace: Livingston, New Jersey, United States of America
Profession: Television presenter, Comedian, Television producer, Model, Screenwriter + 2 more
Institution: Livingston High School
Height: 5'6"also RANKED
- Suzanne Somers almost bled to death after giving herself an illegal abortion. She later married her partner at the time, her current husband, Alan Hamel.
(Source)more ABOUTAge: 69
Birthplace: San Bruno, California, United States of America
Profession: Businessperson, Author, Actor, Singer, Writer
Institution: University of San Francisco, Lone Mountain Campus, Capuchino High School
Medical Conditions: Dyslexiaalso RANKED
- Sharon Osbourne has said that the biggest mistake of her life was having an abortion at age 17. She later had three miscarriages and believes that they were caused by damaged to her cervix during the procedure. Osbourne also gave birth her three children, Aimee, Jack, and Kelly Osbourne.
(Source)more ABOUTAge: 63
Birthplace: Brixton, London, United Kingdom
Profession: Businessperson, Television producer, Promoter, Film Producer, Talent manager + 5 more
Institution: Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts
Medical Conditions: Bulimia nervosaalso RANKED
- #6 on The Best Reality Show Judges
- Whoopi Goldberg supposedly used a coat hanger on herself to perform an abortion at age 14. She gave birth to her daughter, Alexandrea Martin, when she was 17. Goldberg became a grandmother at age 34 when Alexandrea gave birth at age 16.
(Source)more ABOUTAge: 60
Birthplace: Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States of America
Profession: Talk show host, Comedian, Television producer, Singer-songwriter, Film Producer + 5 more
Institution: Tisch School of the Arts, Washington Irving High School, HB Studio
Medical Conditions: Dyslexia, Endometriosisalso RANKED
- In his book Marilyn, Norman Mailer wrote that Monroe's photographer, Milton Greene, says that Monroe had at least 12 abortions by the time she was 29.
(Source)more ABOUTAge: Died at 36 (1926-1962)
Birthplace: Los Angeles, California, United States of America
Profession: Film Producer, Model, Actor, Singer, Showgirl
Institution: University of California, Los Angeles, Actors Studio, Van Nuys High School
Major/Field Of Study: Literature, Art
Cause Of Death: Barbiturate overdose
Place Of Death: Brentwood, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
Medical Conditions: Endometriosisalso RANKED