- vIn April 2015, Jemima Kirke released a PSA video about her decision to get an abortion when she was a college student in 2007. “I still see shame and embarrassment around terminating pregnancies, getting pregnant—I still see it,” she says in the video. “So I have always been open about my stories, especially with other women.”more ABOUT
- Age: age 30
- Birthplace: London, United Kingdom
- Profession: Painter, Actor
- Credits: Girls, Tiny Furniture
- Chelsea Handler has spoken openly about having an abortion at age 16.
- Suzanne Somers almost bled to death after giving herself an illegal abortion. She later married her partner at the time, her current husband, Alan Hamel.
- Age: age 69
- Birthplace: San Bruno, California, United States of America
- Profession: Businessperson, Author, Actor, Singer, Writer
- Credits: American Graffiti, Bullitt, Three's Company, Step by Step, Serial Mom + 25 more
- Sharon Osbourne has said that the biggest mistake of her life was having an abortion at age 17. She later had three miscarriages and believes that they were caused by damaged to her cervix during the procedure. Osbourne also gave birth her three children, Aimee, Jack, and Kelly Osbourne.
- Whoopi Goldberg supposedly used a coat hanger on herself to perform an abortion at age 14. She gave birth to her daughter, Alexandrea Martin, when she was 17. Goldberg became a grandmother at age 34 when Alexandrea gave birth at age 16.
- In his book Marilyn, Norman Mailer wrote that Monroe's photographer, Milton Greene, says that Monroe had at least 12 abortions by the time she was 29.
- Age: Died at 36 (1926-1962)
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, California, United States of America
- Profession: Film Producer, Model, Actor, Singer, Showgirl
- Credits: Some Like It Hot, All About Eve, The Misfits, The Seven Year Itch, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes + 31 more
- Vanessa Williams spoke about having an abortion when she was a teen in an interview with "Nightline." She later gave birth to her four children between the ages of 24 and 27.
- Close friends of Lucille Ball say that the "I Love Lucy" star told them that she had an abortion. She gave birth to two children, Lucie and Desi Arnaz, Jr.
- Age: Died at 78 (1911-1989)
- Birthplace: Jamestown, New York, United States of America
- Profession: Comedian, Television producer, Model, Actor, Singer
- Credits: I Love Lucy, All the Right Moves, Top Hat, Stage Door, The Lucy Show + 96 more
- In her 2014 autobiography, Unbreak My Heart, singer Toni Braxton revealed that she had an abortion in 2001, before she was married. She later gave birth to two sons, Denim and Diezel, the younger of whom was diagnosed with autism. Braxton believes her son's autism is punishment from God for having the abortion.
- The Wizard of Oz star Judy Garland had an abortion in 1942, while she was married to David Rose. She later gave birth to her daughter, Liza Minnelli, in 1946, and to Lorna and Joey Luft in 1952 and 1955.
- Age: Died at 47 (1922-1969)
- Birthplace: Grand Rapids, Minnesota, United States of America
- Profession: Actor, Vaudeville Performer, Singer
- Credits: The Wizard of Oz, P.S. I Love You, Judgment at Nuremberg, Meet Me in St. Louis, The Family Stone + 46 more
- "The View" co-host Sherri Shepherd has talked about having "more abortions than I would like to count" on the daytime talk show. In 2004, she became pregnant with twins, but miscarried one. Her son, Jeffrey Tarpley, was born three months premature in 2005.
- Age: age 48
- Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
- Profession: Comedian, Actor, Presenter, TV Personality
- Credits: Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire, Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa, Hot in Cleveland, Guess Who, Big Mommas: Like Father + 26 more
- Comedian Margaret Cho has had an abortion. Cho is an outspoken advocate of a woman's right to chose.
- Feminist activist Gloria Steinem has spoken openly about having an abortion when she was 22. At age 66, she married David Bale and became the stepmother of actor Christian Bale.
- Age: age 81
- Birthplace: Toledo, Ohio, United States of America
- Profession: Magazine editor, Journalist, Screenwriter, Author, Writer
- Credits: A Bunny's Tale, Sisters of '77, One Bright Shining Moment: The Forgotten Summer of George McGovern, Who's Counting? Marilyn Waring On Sex, Lies And Global Economics + 4 more
- Fleetwood Mac frontwoman Stevie Nicks is still haunted from her decision to have an abortion. Rumors suggest that the 1979 song "Sara" is about this event - and that Nicks was impregnated by her then-boyfriend, Don Henley.
- Age: age 67
- Birthplace: Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America
- Profession: Songwriter, Singer
- Credits: Runnin' Down a Dream, The Union, Stevie Nicks: Live at Red Rocks, Fleetwood Mac: Tango in the Night, All We Are Saying + 5 more
- Rita Hayworth reportedly got pregnant by billionaire Howard Hughes, but had an abortion because the two were unwed. She gave birth to daughter Rebecca Manning in 1944 and Princess Yasmin Khan in 1949.
- Age: Died at 69 (1918-1987)
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- Profession: Film Producer, Actor, Singer, Dancer
- Credits: The Shawshank Redemption, Gilda, The Lady from Shanghai, The Strawberry Blonde, The Wrath of God + 49 more
- Lil' Kim had an abortion after she got pregnant by Notorious B.I.G., who was married to Faith Evans at the time.
- Joan Collins had an abortion when she got pregnant by her fiancé, Warren Beatty, in 1960. She gave birth to her three kids between 1963 and 1972.
- Age: age 82
- Birthplace: Paddington, London, United Kingdom
- Profession: Columnist, Author, Actor
- Credits: Dynasty, The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas, The Big Sleep, Empire of the Ants, Tales from the Crypt + 76 more
- Painter Frida Kahlo had to have a therapeutic abortion because of the fetus being in the wrong position in her pelvis, which had been injured.
- Age: Died at 47 (1907-1954)
- Birthplace: Coyoacán, Mexico City, Mexico
- Profession: Painter
- Actor & director Penny Marshall has been open about the fact that she does not regret having an abortion after her second divorce in the early '80s. She gave birth to her daughter, Tracy, in 1964 when she was 19.
- Age: age 72
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- Profession: Television director, Television producer, Film Producer, Actor, Film Director
- Credits: Big, A League of Their Own, Laverne & Shirley, High Fidelity, The Odd Couple + 36 more
- Ava Gardner had two abortions during her marriage to Frank Sinatra (1951-1957).
- Age: Died at 68 (1922-1990)
- Birthplace: Smithfield, North Carolina, United States of America
- Profession: Actor
- Credits: Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid, The Sentinel, The Killers, The Cassandra Crossing, The Night of the Iguana + 58 more