Olympic champion and Kardashian patriarch Caitlyn (formerly Bruce) Jenner was involved in a fatal car accident on the Malibu stretch of PCH in February 2015. According to eyewitnesses, Jenner's SUV rear ended a white car and sent it careening into oncoming traffic. It was then struck by a Hummer. The driver of the white car was killed, and seven others sustained injuries. Jenner was not hurt in the wreck.
Police say that Jenner voluntarily submitted to have his blood drawn for a blood alcohol test and that he was not speeding at the time. After passing a field sobriety test, he initially claimed that he was being chased by the paparazzi, but police do not believe that to be true.
Jenner later released a statement saying, "My heartfelt and deepest sympathies go out to the family and loved ones, and to all of those who were involved or injured in this terrible accident. It is a devastating tragedy, and I cannot pretend to imagine what this family is going through at this time. I am praying for them. I will continue to cooperate in every way possible."
TMZ, CBS Los Angeles, CNNmore ABOUT
- Age: age 66
- Birthplace: Mount Kisco, New York, United States of America
- Profession: Public speaker, Socialite, Businessperson, Actor, Athlete, + more
- Children: Kylie Jenner, Kendall Jenner, Burt Jenner, Casey Jenner, Brandon Jenner, + more
When Laura Bush was in high school, she neglected to stop at a stop sign when she was driving. She hit another car and killed its driver, Michael Dutton Douglas, who happened to be a close friend and classmate.
A RANKER USER SAID: "Well, okay. When Laura Bush killed somebody, it was an accident. When that other first lady, (you know who) killed people, you can bet they were on her hit list (the name "Vince Foster" ring a bell?)." (join the discussion)
You won't believe which celeb is currently on trial for murder. It may surprise you.
- Age: age 69
- Birthplace: Midland, Texas, United States of America
- Profession: Librarian, Author, Teacher
- Children: Jenna Bush Hager, Barbara Pierce Bush
In 1969, Ted Kennedy drove his car off a bridge on Chappaquiddick, an island near Martha's Vineyard. The car went into the water, and though Kennedy swam free, his passenger, Mary Jo Kopechne, drowned in the overturned vehicle. Kennedy fled the scene and waited nine hours to report the incident; he later pleaded guilty to leaving the scene of an accident.
A RANKER USER SAID: "Ted Kennedy really ? Usually you hear the Kennedy's names associated with them getting killed and not the other way around." (join the discussion)
- Age: Died at 77 (1932-2009)
- Birthplace: Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
- Profession: Statesman, Politician, Lawyer
- Cause Of Death: Cancer, Brain Cancer
- Children: Kara Kennedy, Patrick J. Kennedy, Edward M. Kennedy, Jr.
Boxing promoter Don King killed two men in separate incidents. King killed the first man in self-defense when the man was trying to break into his gambling operation. King was convicted of second-degree murder for the second incident, in which he stomped to death an employee who owed him $600.
A RANKER USER SAID: "That's right. Don King beat a man to death and the author who wrote this forgot to mention he only served just under four years, and the called it "manslaughter." How is stomping a mans head until it cracks open and he dies, NOT 1st or 2nd degree murder?
Don King stole MILLIONS from ignorant boxers like Mike Tyson. He's a thug and I hope he chokes to death soon...." (join the discussion)
- Age: age 84
- Birthplace: USA, Cleveland, Ohio
- Profession: Promoter, Actor
- Children: Eric King, Carl King, Deborah King
In 1987, Matthew Broderick and his then-girlfriend and Ferris Bueller's Day Off co-star, Jennifer Grey, were on vacation in Ireland. Broderick mistakenly drove the wrong way on a street and crashed into on oncoming vehicle. The driver and passenger in the other car both died from their injuries.
A RANKER USER SAID: "This was the first i had ever heard of this accident with Matthew Broderick and Jennifer Gray which killed a mother and daughter. It seems to have really had a huge effect on Jennifer Gray from what she said here:
“The juxtaposition of that deep sorrow, the survivor’s guilt, and then being celebrated as the new big thing just didn’t jibe. It didn’t feel good to be the toast of the town.”
And she admits she never recovered from the trauma, effectively turning her back on showbiz at the age of 27: “My head was never the same, my ambition was ever the same.”more ABOUT
- Age: age 53
- Birthplace: New York City, Manhattan, USA, New York
- Profession: Actor, Voice acting, Singer, Film Director
- Children: Marion Loretta Elwell Broderick, Tabitha Hodge Broderick, James Wilkie Broderick
On January 4, 1970, The Who drummer Keith Moon accidentally killed his friend and bodyguard, Neil Boland, by hitting him with his car. Moon was trying to drive away from pub patrons who were harassing him, and he did not see his friend in the road. Moon was charged with Boland's death, for driving without a license or insurance, and for driving under the influence. Though the death was ruled an accident, Moon pleaded guilty to the driving charges. He was haunted by the incident until the time of his own death in 1978..
A RANKER USER SAID: "In a way, even though it was ruled an "accident" - I really think Keith Moon should have served time for driving under the influence. A life was loss and no sentence was carried out. This is such an injustice world we live in." (join the discussion)
- Age: Died at 32 (1946-1978)
- Birthplace: Wembley, London, United Kingdom
- Profession: Record producer, Songwriter, Musician, Model, Actor, + more
- Cause Of Death: Drug overdose
- Children: Amanda Jane Moon DeWolf
In 2001, "Noxzema girl" Rebecca Gayheart hit a 9 year-old with her car, and he later died from his injuries. She was convicted of vehicular manslaughter, a charge to which she plead "no contest."
A RANKER USER SAID: "So they suspended her license for a year and within a year she flips a rental car, while under probation, that b**** should have been locked up. Im sick of celebs getting away with everything. The L.A. district attorney is a joke." (join the discussion)
- Age: age 44
- Birthplace: USA, Kentucky, Hazard
- Profession: Model, Actor
- Children: Billie Beatrice Dane, Georgia Dane
Legendary actor James Stewart was a pilot in the U.S. Air Force Reserve during World War II. During this time, Stewart participated in several bombings that resulted in the deaths of enemy soldiers and civilians. He received numerous honors for his service, including the Distinguished Flying Cross with Oak leaf cluster and the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
- Age: Died at 89 (1908-1997)
- Birthplace: USA, Indiana, Pennsylvania
- Profession: Pilot, Television director, Military Officer, Actor
- Cause Of Death: Cardiac arrest, Myocardial infarction, Pulmonary embolism
- Children: Ronald Stewart, Judy Stewart-Merrill, Kelly Stewart-Harcourt, Michael Stewart
Naked Lunch author William S. Burroughs shot and killed his wife, Joan Vollmer, in 1951. He was not charged with murder as the event stemmed from a drunken evening where the couple was playing a game of "William Tell."
- Age: Died at 83 (1914-1997)
- Birthplace: St. Louis, Missouri, United States of America
- Profession: Novelist, Screenwriter, Actor, Writer
- Cause Of Death: Myocardial infarction
- Children: William S. Burroughs, Jr.
Rapper Snoop Dogg and his bodyguard were charged with the murder of a rival gang member. Snoop Dogg was defended by Johnny Cochran and was acquitted after years of court battles.
- Age: age 44
- Birthplace: USA, Long Beach, California
- Profession: Film Score Composer, Record producer, Rapper, Television producer, Musician, + more
- Children: Cori Broadus, Cordell Broadus, Corde Broadus
Sex Pistols bassist Sid Vicious stabbed his girlfriend, Nancy Spungen, to death in 1978. When first questioned, he claimed to have found Spungen dead on the bathroom floor of their hotel room - but later he admitted that he stabbed her, but did not intend to kill her. Though he was charged with her murder, Vicious never stood trial; he died of a drug overdose while out on bail.
A RANKER USER SAID: "Do you think that Sid Vicious killed Nancy Spungen? Personally, I believe that they were both off their faces on drugs, got into a huge argument and he attacked her with a knife but didn't mean to kill her." (join the discussion)
- Age: Died at 22 (1957-1979)
- Birthplace: Lewisham, London, United Kingdom
- Profession: Bassist, Songwriter, Musician, Composer, Singer
- Cause Of Death: Heroin overdose
In 2006, singer and "America's Got Talent" judge Brandy Norwood was involved in a freeway pile-up that caused the death of Awatef Aboudihaj. Though Aboudihaj had struck the vehicle in front of her before Brandy hit her rear bumper, witnesses on the scene said the singer claimed responsibility for the accident, repeatedly saying, "I should have stopped."
- Age: age 36
- Birthplace: USA, Mississippi, McComb
- Profession: Record producer, Songwriter, Television producer, Film Producer, Singer-songwriter, + more
- Children: Sy'rai Iman Smith
In 1936, billionaire entrepreneur Howard Hughes hit a pedestrian with his car. The man died, but Hughes was not charged with any crimes as a result of the incident.
- Age: Died at 71 (1905-1976)
- Birthplace: Humble, Texas, United States of America
- Profession: Pilot, Investor, Entrepreneur, Film Producer, Philanthropist, + more
- Cause Of Death: Renal failure
In 1976, Jerry Oliver was shot to death by one of Dog the Bounty Hunter's friends when they went to buy marijuana from him. Though Dog was outside waiting in the car at the time, he was still convicted of first degree murder. He served 18 months of a five-year sentence and has been barred from the UK.
- Age: age 62
- Birthplace: Denver, Colorado, United States of America
- Profession: Bail bondsman, Television producer, Actor, Bounty hunter
- Children: Leland Blaine Chapman, Duane Lee Chapman, II, Lyssa Rae Chapman, Barbara Katie Chapman, + more
In 1933, Director John Huston struck a woman with his car and killed her. Huston was not charged with any crime in the incident.
- Age: Died at 81 (1906-1987)
- Birthplace: Nevada, Missouri, United States of America
- Profession: Film Producer, Screenwriter, Actor, Voice acting, Film Director
- Cause Of Death: Emphysema, Pneumonia
- Children: Anjelica Huston, Danny Huston, Tony Huston, Allegra Huston, Pablo Huston
In 1984, Motley Crue frontman Vince Neil was involved in a drunk driving accident in which his passenger, Nicholas "Razzle" Dingley, was killed. The two individuals in the other car also suffered brain damage. Though Neil's blood alcohol level was at .17 at the time of the accident, he spend only 15 days in jail.
- Age: age 54
- Birthplace: Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
- Profession: Film Score Composer, Songwriter, Musician, Singer
- Children: Skylar Lynnae Neil, Neil Jason Wharton, Elizabeth Ashley Wharton
In 2002, Robert Blake was charged with the murder of his wife, Bonnie Lee Bakley, who was shot to death. He was later acquitted, but he was found liable for wrongful death in a civil lawsuit.
- Age: age 82
- Birthplace: Nutley, New Jersey, United States of America
- Profession: Soldier, Television producer, Film Producer, Screenwriter, Actor
- Children: Noah Blake, Delinah Blake, Rose Lenore Sophia Blake
In 2003, Lana Clarkson was found dead from a gunshot wound in Phil Spector's home. He was charged with the murder, and in 2009, Spector was found guilty and sentenced 18 years to life in prison.
- Age: age 76
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- Profession: Record producer, Businessperson, Songwriter, Session musician
- Children: Nicole Audrey Spector, Phillip Spector Jr., Louis Phillip Spector, Donte Phillip Spector, Gary Phillip Spector
When "The Wire" actress Felicia Pearson was 14, she was convicted of second-degree murder in the shooting death of Okia Toomer. Though she was sentenced to serve two consecutive 8-year terms, she was released after just 6.5 years at the Maryland Correctional Institute.
- Age: age 35
- Birthplace: Baltimore, Maryland, USA
- Profession: Rapper, Actor
O.J. Simpson was arrested and charged with the murder of his ex-wife Nicole Brown and her friend Ronald Goldman. Though he was eventually found not guilty, many believe that Simpson literally got away with murder.
- Age: age 68
- Birthplace: California, United States of America
- Profession: Film Producer, Actor, American football player
- Children: Aaren Simpson, Jason Simpson, Sydney Brooke Simpson, Justin Ryan Simpson, Arnelle Simpson
G Options B Comments & Embed