G Options B Comments & Embed
- Rihanna was the victim of domestic abuse at the hand of then boyfriend Chris Brown. Brutal photos were released just after the incident showing the pop star with a swollen and bruised face.
- Age: age 27
- Birthplace: Saint Michael Parish, Barbados
- Profession: Fashion designer, Songwriter, Actor, Music artist, Singer
- Credits: Battleship, Home, Styled to Rock, Styled to Rock
- Halle Berry grew up with an abusive father. The Oscar winner discussed her difficult past with James Lipton on his show "Inside the Actor's Studio."
- Age: age 49
- Birthplace: USA, Cleveland, Ohio
- Profession: Television producer, Film Producer, Model, Actor, Voice acting
- Credits: X-Men, X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men 2, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Cloud Atlas, + more
- Charlize Theron grew up with an abusive father who would frequently state that he was going to kill the whole family. Theron's mother shot her father in self defense after he came home drunk and agitated one night.
- Age: age 40
- Birthplace: South Africa, Benoni, Gauteng
- Profession: Spokesperson, Film Producer, Model, Actor, Film Director
- Credits: Arrested Development, Prometheus, The Italian Job, The Devil's Advocate, Snow White and the Huntsman, + more
- Madonna was raped on a New York rooftop when she was just 19. She also suffered mental and physical abuse from her ex-husband Sean Penn throughout their four year marriage.
(Source 1, 2)more ABOUT
- Age: age 57
- Birthplace: Michigan, USA, Bay City
- Profession: Record producer, Entrepreneur, Singer-songwriter, Film Producer, Screenwriter, + more
- Credits: A League of Their Own, Dick Tracy, Die Another Day, Vision Quest, Evita, + more
- Drew Barrymore suffered child abuse and neglect from her father John Barrymore. Drew, growing up a child star, was also introduced to drugs, alcohol, and sex at an early age.
- Age: age 40
- Birthplace: Los Angeles, USA, Culver City, California
- Profession: Television producer, Film Producer, Model, Screenwriter, Author, + more
- Credits: E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, Scream, Donnie Darko, Batman Forever, The Wedding Singer, + more
- Shakira suffered domestic abuse from an old boyfriend. The Colombian singer has become a symbol of women's empowerment across the globe.
- Age: age 38
- Birthplace: Barranquilla, Colombia
- Profession: Record producer, Entrepreneur, Musician, Singer-songwriter, Model, + more
- Credits: The Voice, Love in the Time of Cholera, Shakira: Live and Off the Record, El Club de Los Tigritos, Shakira: Laundry Service - Washed and Dried, + more
- Pamela Anderson stated that he ex-husband Tommy Lee was mentally and physically abusive to her and her children. Anderson and Lee divorced in 1998.
- Age: age 48
- Birthplace: Ladysmith, Canada
- Profession: Activist, Television director, Nude Glamour Model, Television producer, Model, + more
- Credits: Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan, Home Improvement, Scary Movie 3, Scooby-Doo, Baywatch, + more
- Oprah Winfrey suffered from sexual abuse as a child in Milwaukee. The talk show host as been vocal about her experience and she has helped many other victims move past their horrific pasts.
- Age: age 61
- Birthplace: Kosciusko, Mississippi, United States of America
- Profession: Businessperson, Journalist, Television producer, Film Producer, Actor, + more
- Credits: The Princess and the Frog, The Color Purple, Ocean's Thirteen, Bee Movie, The Butler, + more