Oliver Stone served in the Vietnam War, and made Platoon based on his experiences.
William Oliver Stone is an American film director, screenwriter, producer and military veteran. Stone came to public prominence between the mid-1980s and the early 1990s for writing and directing a series of films about the Vietnam War, in which he had participated as an infantry soldier. Many of ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: 69
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- Profession: Television director, Soldier, Television producer, Film Producer, Screenwriter, + more
- Credits: Platoon, JFK, Natural Born Killers, Any Given Sunday
- "Million Dollar Baby" director Clint Eastwood was drafted by the US Army during the Korean War.
Clinton "Clint" Eastwood, Jr. is an American actor, film director, producer, musician, and politician. He rose to international fame with his role as the Man with No Name in Sergio Leone's Dollars trilogy of spaghetti Westerns during the 1960s, and as antihero cop Harry Callahan in the five Dirty Harry ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: 85
- Birthplace: California, United States of America
- Profession: Film Score Composer, Businessperson, Politician, Pianist, Television producer, + more
- Credits: Million Dollar Baby, Gran Torino, Unforgiven, Rawhide
- Elvis Presley joined the US Army in 1958.
Elvis Aaron Presley was an American singer and actor. Regarded as one of the most significant cultural icons of the 20th century, he is often referred to as "the King of Rock and Roll", or simply, "the King". Presley was born in Tupelo, Mississippi, and when he was 13 years old, he and his family ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 42 (1935-1977)
- Birthplace: Tupelo, Mississippi, United States of America
- Profession: Soldier, Musician, Actor, Singer
- Credits: Love Me Tender, Blue Hawaii, Jailhouse Rock, Viva Las Vegas
- "Bucket List" Morgan Freeman served in the US Air Force.
Morgan Freeman is an American actor, film director, and narrator. Freeman has received Academy Award nominations for his performances in Street Smart, Driving Miss Daisy, The Shawshank Redemption and Invictus, and won the Best Supporting Actor Oscar in 2005 for Million Dollar Baby. He has also won a ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: 78
- Birthplace: Memphis, Tennessee, United States of America
- Profession: Businessperson, Television producer, Film Producer, Actor, Voice acting, + more
- Credits: The Shawshank Redemption, Se7en, Driving Miss Daisy, Million Dollar Baby
- Chuck Norris served in the US Airforce.
Carlos Ray "Chuck" Norris is an American martial artist, actor, film producer and screenwriter. After serving in the United States Air Force, he began his rise to fame as a martial artist, and has since founded his own school, Chun Kuk Do. Norris appeared in a number of action films, such as Way of the ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: 75
- Birthplace: Ryan, Oklahoma, United States of America
- Profession: Television producer, Film Producer, Screenwriter, Author, Actor, + more
- Credits: The Way of the Dragon, Missing in Action, The Delta Force, The Expendables 2
- "Wheel of Fortune" host Pat Sajak served in the US Army during the Vietnam War.
Pat Sajak is an American television personality, former weatherman, actor and talk show host, best known as the host of the American television game show Wheel of Fortune. moremore ABOUT
- Age: 69
- Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Profession: Talk show host, Television producer, Game Show Host, Film Producer, Radio personality, + more
- Credits: The Price Is Right, Airplane II: The Sequel, Wheel of Fortune, Wheel of Fortune's daytime version, Pat Sajak Weekend, + more
- Jimi Hendrix joined the Army after being caught stealing cars. He was given the choice of Army or prison.
James Marshall "Jimi" Hendrix was an American guitarist, singer, and songwriter. Although his mainstream career spanned only four years, he is widely regarded as one of the most influential electric guitarists in the history of popular music, and one of the most celebrated musicians of the 20th century.moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 28 (1942-1970)
- Birthplace: Washington, Area code 206, Western United States, Northwestern United States, United States of America, + more
- Profession: Record producer, Guitarist, Songwriter, Entrepreneur, Musician, + more
- Credits: Almost Famous, Wayne's World, Point Break, Minions
- Musician Marvin Gaye enlisted in the US Air Force, but was discharged after he faked a mental illness.
Marvin Gaye was an American singer, songwriter and musician. Gaye helped to shape the sound of Motown Records, first as an in house session player in the 1960s and later as a solo artist with a string of hits, including How Sweet It Is and I Heard It Through the Grapevine, and duet recordings with Mary ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 45 (1939-1984)
- Birthplace: Washington, D.C., United States of America
- Profession: Film Score Composer, Record producer, Musician, Singer-songwriter, Composer, + more
- Credits: Se7en, Zodiac, Transformers, Captain America: The Winter Soldier
G Options B Comments & Embed