G Options B Comments & Embed
- 1Singer Fiona Apple was arrested during a Texas border patrol stop on September 19, 2012. Authorities used drug dogs to search Apple's tour bus and uncovered hashish and marijuana. Reports say that Apple admitted that yes, the drugs were hers. She was taken into custody and incarcerated at the Hudspeth County Jail.
Apple was later released, and in the days following her arrest, she claimed she was "mistreated" by officers. How did Fiona issue a statement on the matter? During a concert in Houston, Texas, Apple gave a bizarre, rambling statement, telling the audience:
"Most of the people were very nice to me. There are four of you out there—I want you to know that I heard everything you did, I wrote it all down, with your names and everything you did and said, stupidly thinking I couldn’t see or hear you. I then ripped the paper up, but not before I encoded it."
Apple wasn't finished: She then explained, "I’ll make you f—ing famous," (talking about the supposedly corrupt cops). Here's the video of the rant:
Within days, a spokesperson for the Hudspeth County Sheriff's Department responded, saying that Apple should "just shut up and sing."more ABOUT
- Age: 38
- Birthplace: Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States of America
- Profession: Pianist, Musician, Singer-songwriter
- Credits: Bridesmaids, This Is 40, Pleasantville, School for Scoundrels
- 2NFL wide receiver Chad Johnson (yes, Chad Ochocinco), was arrested in South Florida, on August 11, 2012, on domestic violence charges after an apparent altercation with his new wife, 'Basketball Wives' star Evelyn Lozada. Chad is accused of head-butting Evelyn during an argument. Evelyn was said to be upset after finding a receipt for a box of condoms in the couple's car.
Everything went downhill fast for Johnson after his arrest. The star wide receiver was quickly cut by the Miami Dolphins, and VH1 announced it was canceling his reality show, 'Ev & Ocho.'more ABOUT
- Age: 37
- Birthplace: Miami, Florida, United States of America
- Profession: Athlete, American football player
- Credits: American Reunion^! NFL Cheerleader Playoffs^! Dancing with the Stars^! Entertainment Tonight
- 3Country singer Randy Travis was arrested on August 7, 2012, in what has to be one of the most embarrassing celeb arrests of the year. Travis was taken into custody by police in Grayson County, Texas, naked and battered. He's charged with DWI and threatening "to kill state troopers," after his Pontiac Trans Am was found crashed at a construction site. Why Travis was naked isn't clear, but this is the second arrest for him in 2012: He was previously arrested on public intoxication charges in February.more ABOUT
- Age: 56
- Birthplace: Marshville, USA, North Carolina
- Profession: Songwriter, Musician, Singer-songwriter, Actor, Singer
- Credits: National Treasure: Book of Secrets^! Annabelle's Wish^! Black Dog^! Deep Impact
- 4NFL star Adrian Peterson was arrested on July 7, 2012, at a Houston, Texas, nightclub. Peterson was taken into custody for resisting arrest by authorities. After spending several hours in jail, Peterson was released on a $1000 bond. Reports cite an incident report as saying that Peterson was "drinking heavily" before the alleged altercation at the Live! at the Bayou club.
For his part, Peterson apparently disputes the reports. The day after his arrest, the Minnesota Vikings running back tweeted, "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."more ABOUT
- Age: 30
- Birthplace: Palestine, Texas, United States of America
- Profession: Athlete, American football player
- Credits: 2008 NFL Pro Bowl^!NFL Monday Night Football^!Entourage^!Mike & Mike
- 5Marcus Jordan, son of former NBA great Michael Jordon, was arrested in Omaha, Nebraska, on July 1, 2012. Police took the 21-year-old Jordan, a basketball player for Central Florida, into custody on charges of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. The charges stem from an alleged argument with two women outside of an Omaha hotel. Jordan was later released.more ABOUT
- Age: 25
- Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
- Profession: Basketball player
Jenelle EvansJenelle Evans, star of MTV's 'Teen Mom 2,' was arrested in North Carolina on Sunday, June 24, 2012. This is the fourth arrest in 2012 for Evans. This time, she was busted on assault charges and, according to TMZ, she "was also in possession of weed" when she was taken into custody. E! reports that Evans' estranged fiance, Gary Head, was also taken into custody, and that the charges against both stem from a domestic incident.
Joe LaFontJoe La Font, aka "Trapper Joe" gator hunter on the History Channel reality show 'Swamp People,' was reportedly arrested by California police on domestic violence charges on June 20, 2012. According to TMZ, the charges may stem from an alleged fight LaFont had with his girlfriend.
- 8Deena Cortese became the latest in a (growing) line of 'Jersey Shore' stars to get arrested. On June 10, 2012, the cops hauled Cortese in for disorderly conduct and public intoxication in Seaside Heights, New Jersey. Cortese was understandably not happy about her arrest -- and it clearly shows in her mugshot.more ABOUT
- Age: 28
- Birthplace: New Egypt, New Jersey, USA
- Credits: Jersey Shore, Snooki & Jwoww