G Options B Comments & Embed
Chris Rock and Malaak Compton-RockAfter nearly 20 years of marriage, Chris Rick and Malaak Compton-Rock are calling it quits. The couple, who have battled rumors of relationship issues in the past, have two children together, Lola Simone, 12, and Zahra Savannah, 10. They got married in 1996.
Malaak released a statement saying, "after much contemplation and 19 years of marriage, Chris and I have decided to go our separate ways. Being fortunate enough to lead a life of service by working with those most vulnerable makes me well aware of life's blessings, even when faced with difficulties. While recognizing that this is a significant change, my children remain at the center of my life and their well-being is my top priority. It is in this spirit that I sincerely ask that their privacy and the privacy of our family be respected during this transition in our lives."
Helena Bonham Carter and Tim Burton12/23/2014: After 13 years of marriage, actress Helena Bonham Carter and director Tim Burton called it quits. Carter, 48, and Burton, 56, have two children together: son Billy, 11, and daughter Nell, 7.
The two met in 2001 while filming Planet of the Apes, and went on to work together on Big Fish, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, Alice in Wonderland, and Dark Shadows.
"Tim Burton and Helena Bonham Carter separated amicably earlier this year and have continued to be friends and co-parent their children," reps for both told E! News."We would ask that you respect their privacy and that of their children during this time." This, after infidelity rumors swirled in late 2013, when Burton was photographed kissing an unknown blonde.
- 311/3/2014 - After 13 years of marriage actress Angie Harmon and former NFL player Jason Sehorn are separating. Harmon's rep said, "For the sake of their children, they ask for respect and privacy as they navigate this time."
Sehorn proposed to Harmon live in 1998, during an appearance on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
Source: E! Online
- 410/27/2014 - According to E! News, Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Martin have broken up. The couple reportedly started dating in June 2014, after Lawrence split with Nicholas Hoult, and a few months following the conscious uncoupling of Martin and Gwenyth Paltrow.
Lawrence, 24, and Martin, 37, kept their romance under wraps and were only photographed together once.
- 610/17/2014: Charlie Sheen and Scottine Ross (former porn star Brett Rossi) called off their engagement and broken up. Sheen, 49, announced the news saying, "[Scotty is] a terrific gal - but we've mutually decided to go our separate ways and not spend the rest of our lives together."
The actor also stated desires to focus on his children. Ross, 25, and Sheen had been dating since 2013 and got engaged on Valentine's Day 2014. They were planning to marry on November 22.
- 710/14/2014 - After a six-month relationship, Richard Gere, 65, and Padma Lakshmi, 44, have broken up. The couple reportedly started dating in spring 2014 after Gere split from Carey Lowell, to whom he was married for 11 years.
Gere and Lowell had one son, Homer, while Lakshmi has a daughter, Krishna, with ex Adam Dell. Lakshmi was also married to author Salman Rushdie for three years from 2004-2007.
- 89/25/2014 - Multiple sources confirmed to E! News that Jordin Sparks, 24, and Jason Derulo, 25, have broken up. The musician couple has been together since January 2012, though rumors say they were together as early as September 2011.
The split was reportedly mutual and they will remain friends.