- 6712/18/11: Kim Jong-Il was pronounced dead. Known in North Korea as "Dear Leader" and other places as one of the world's most famous dictators, Jong-Il served as the country's leader under the communist regime. No cause has been released. He was 69. (Not to make fun of the dead, but it's hard to resist not linking to Kim Jong-il Owns Some Cool S*#t! by user CDU827
- 6612/18/11: Playwright and President of both Czechoslavacia and the Czech Republic, Vaclav Havel died in his home at the age of 75.
- 6512/15/11: Prolific writer and politico, Christopher Hitchens passed away at the age of 62 from complications due to cancer. He was known as an outspoken anti-theist and socialist with popular books such as "God is Not Great" and "Hitch-22".
- 6412/7/11: Harry Morgan, most known for his turn as Colonel Sherman T. Potter in the smash TV show "M*A*S*H" when he replaced McLean Stevenson in the fourth season. (Before that he played Major General Bartford Hamilton Steele.) Morgan was also Bill Gannon on "Dragnet", died in his home in Los Angeles. He was 96.
- 6311/28/11: Comedian and Actor, Patrice O'Neal, was pronounced dead from complications of a stroke he suffered back in September. O'Neal had appeared on shows like "The Office" and "Chappelle Show" as well as being a regular guest on the "Opie and Anthony" radio show. He was 41.
items 1 - 5 of 67
today on Ranker
start a list with results
close sorting window
use the search box to filter your list