- 1 ReRank
- 2 See list ranked by
In mid-August of 2012, Miley Cyrus shocked the world when she debuted a *very* different haircut. Gone were Miley's signature flowing, brown locks. Cyrus basically chopped it all off, opting for a sleek, platinum blonde, pixie-style cut. Cyrus stunned her millions of Twitter followers by posting a photo of the big re-"do," saying she was "ready for a change." That she was. Fans, understandably, had mixed reactions, but Miley said she was thrilled with her short new cropped hair, saying she'd "Never felt more me in my whole life."more ABOUT
- Age: age 23
- Birthplace: Nashville, Tennessee, United States of America
- Profession: Musician, Singer-songwriter, Actor, Voice acting, Dancer
- Credits: Bolt, Justin Bieber: Never Say Never, The Last Song, Hannah Montana: The Movie
Jennifer Lopez is known for her trademark long locks. Her incredible mane is always shiny, bouncy and totally healthy-looking, and the color is always flattering. J-Lo wears her hair straight at times, but during her concert tour in 2012 she began wearing great, natural curls.
In June of 2012, Lopez shocked when she emerged (with boyfriend Casper Smart) in Santiago, Chile, sporting a much shorter 'do. Her hair was noticeably shorter, almost shoulder-length and very curly -- almost a bob of sorts. Did she get a cut or simply have extensions removed? Is it a wig? Only J-Lo knows, but the bouncy, flirty, shorter look definitely flatters.more ABOUT
- Age: age 46
- Birthplace: New York City, USA, New York, Castle Hill
- Profession: Film Score Composer, Fashion designer, Record producer, Businessperson, Songwriter, + more
- Credits: Out of Sight, Maid in Manhattan, Monster-in-Law, American Idol
Kate Middleton: The Duchess of Cambridge
Kate Middleton, aka the Duchess of Cambridge, is known for her shiny, luxurious, long locks. Her polished waves look healthy and virtually effortless. Women around the globe are flocking to hairdressers, asking for Kate's gorgeous look, which was hot in 2011 and remains hot well into 2012.
Basically, Kate's look is natural and easy-going - easy breezy! Getting this particular hairstyle might be difficult if you've got shorter locks (waiting for hair to grow out can take forever), but if you already have long locks, just be sure to condition hair for extra bounce and use a shining serum for a super glossy mane! Ask your hairdresser to cut your hair in long layers, adding in a little chin-length fringe. The longer layers give hair extra movement.
The Academy Award-winning actress rocked the wavy look in the spring of 2012 with her short-medium length hair. Charlize Theron's simple waves frame her kind face to create a softer look.
For Charlize Theron's look, curl medium-length hair with a small-barrel curling iron in one-inch sections to create a wavy look. Alternately, for already curly hair, use a hair dryer with a diffuser and some curling hair product to achieve the same look.more ABOUT
- Age: age 40
- Birthplace: South Africa, Benoni, Gauteng
- Profession: Spokesperson, Film Producer, Model, Actor, Film Director
- Credits: Mad Max: Fury Road, Prometheus, Monster, Hancock
Showing fans that less can be more, "Harry Potter" star Emma Watson's short pixie look has been turning heads. Similar to the cut worn by blonde beauty Michelle Williams, Emma Watson has cropped her red hair to bring a mature level of sophistication to her look.
Creating the pixie look like Emma Watson is as simple as cutting hair down to a matter of inches. From then, day-to-day styling is super easy. Allow straight hair to air dry for a effortless look or use a bit of styling product and blow dry to add texture and volume.more ABOUT
- Age: age 25
- Birthplace: France, Paris
- Profession: Model, Actor
- Credits: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
Instantly sexy and wanted by women around the globe, Amanda Seyfried's curly, blonde hairstyle is a classic favorite. Worn down, her long hair flows with tumbling curls to highlight the shine and catch the eye.
For the Amanda Seyfried look, start with long hair and ask for a layered cut. Then, create bounce and dimension by curling sections with a large-barrel curling iron and finishing with a shine glossing spray.more ABOUT
- Age: age 30
- Birthplace: USA, Pennsylvania, Allentown
- Profession: Model, Actor, Singer
- Credits: Les Misérables, Mamma Mia!, Dear John, Red Riding Hood
Songstress Rihanna may change her hairstyle as often as some change their clothes but her hair rarely fails to disappoint. Whether it's straight or curly red hair, like she sports when walking the red carpet, her pixie-inspired short hair or the partially shaved head with the long, dark hair, Rihanna's many hairstyles are far from boring.
Unless you're a fan of wigs or constantly processing your hair at pricey salons, recreating Rihanna's look requires picking one of her many looks. The singer has been blonde, rocked a mohawk and gone from short, straight hair to long and curly overnight with each style looking better and better each time.more ABOUT
- Age: age 27
- Birthplace: Saint Michael Parish, Barbados
- Profession: Fashion designer, Songwriter, Actor, Music artist, Singer
- Credits: The Hangover, Wreck-It Ralph, 21, I Love You, Man
For some, showing dark roots with blonde hair is considered a sin but not for actress Rachel McAdams who embraces the look. She shoulder-length hair is extremely versatile and can be blow-dried smooth for a professional look or styled into wavy ringlets for a softer, sexier look.
For the cut, start with wispy bangs plus side bangs then leave the remaining hair medium-long, or just past the shoulders. Highlight and color as needed. Style as desired for the occasion.more ABOUT
- Age: age 37
- Birthplace: London, Canada
- Profession: Actor
- Credits: Midnight in Paris, Sherlock Holmes, Mean Girls, Spotlight