- 1Up 6Down 0
Cajun Shrimp Penne Pasta1 lb penne pasta
1/2 lb shrimp , deveined and shelled
1 cup cream
2 garlic cloves , chopped
1 medium onion , chopped
1/4 lb bacon , chopped
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
1 ounce fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Cook penne paste until al dente.
- Drain and let cool.
- In a saute pan heat olive oil and add bacon.
- Cook until bacon is crisp.
- Remove bacon and set aside, but leave grease in saute pan.
- Add onions and garlic to bacon grease and cook until golden.
- Remove onions and garlic, set aside with bacon.
- Add shrimp and cook until done.
- Turn heat to low, return bacon, onion, and garlic to pan.
- Add paprika, red chili pepper flakes, and penne pasta.
- Add cream and parmesan cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 2Up 10Down 1
Chicken Kung Pao1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into chunks
2 tablespoons white wine
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
1 ounce hot chile paste
1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
2 teaspoons brown sugar
4 green onions, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
4 ounces chopped peanuts
To Make Marinade:
- Combine 1 tablespoon wine, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon oil and 1 tablespoon cornstarch/water mixture and mix together.
- Place chicken pieces in a glass dish or bowl and add marinade.
- Toss to coat.
- Cover dish and place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
To Make Sauce:
- In a small bowl combine 1 tablespoon wine, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon cornstarch/water mixture, chili paste, vinegar and sugar.
- Mix together and add green onion, garlic, water chestnuts and peanuts. In a medium skillet, heat sauce slowly until aromatic.
- Remove chicken from marinade.
- Saute in a large skillet until meat is white and juices run clear.
- When sauce is aromatic, add sauteed chicken to it and let simmer together until sauce thickens.
- 3Up 7Down 1
Bourbon Salmon1/4 cup pineapple juice
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon Bourbon
1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 lb salmon fillet
- Combine juice, soy, brown sugar, bourbon, pepper, garlic powder and oil in a bowl.
- Remove all skin from the salmon.
- Place the salmon in a glass dish side by side.
- Pour some of the marinade over (reserve some for basting while grilling)
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour a few hours will be even better.
- Drain and grill over med.-high about 5-7 minutes per side or until fish flakes-basting with the reserved marinade.
- 4Up 2Down 0
Blackened Chicken Alfredo3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
zataran's blackening seasoning , to taste
2 tablespoons butter
16 ounces linguine
1 1/2 pints heavy cream
1/2 cup butter
3 tablespoons cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
- Preferrably use a cast iron skillet for blackening the chicken breasts. I
- First off place 1 stick of butter and cream cheese in large saucepan on medium heat, let melt.
- Stir in 1 pint of heavy cream.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Slowly stir in the parmesan cheese, about 1/4 cup at a time.
- Add salt and pepper if desired.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes on low heat.
- Stirring frequently.
- The longer this simmer's the better.
- If sauce seems to be real thick then slowly stir in the rest of heavy cream.
- In the meantime while the sauce is simmering start the noodles.
- Set aside,adding a little of sauce so the noodles don't stick.
- Preheat skillet on medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with zataran's blackened seasoning.
- Place on to skillet and brown on both sides, turn down heat to medium.
- Cook on each side for about 7-8 minutes or until no longer pink in the middle.
- Place noodles on plate, top with sauce and place the chicken on the side.
- Garnish sauce with fresh grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve with your favorite salad and breadsticks.
- 5Up 1Down 1
New York Strip and Shrimp4 (8-ounce) New York strip sirloin steaks
8 ounces clarified butter
12 raw shrimp, skewered (3 on each skewer)
16 ounces raw French fries
4 lemon wedges, for garnish
- Preheat a grill to high.
- Alternatively, preheat a broiler to high.
- Season the steaks liberally with the steak seasoning on both sides.
- Cook the steaks over high heat to order: about 2 minutes on each side for rare, 2 1/2 minutes on each side for medium-rare, 3 1/2 minutes on each side for medium, and 4 1/2 minutes on each side for medium well.
- Halfway through the cooking time on each side, turn each steak 45 degrees to make grill marks.
- Add half the clarified butter to a large skillet and heat over high heat.
- Add the shrimp skewers and cook the shrimp on both sides until they are opaque throughout, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Fill a deep fryer with oil and heat it to 350 degrees F.
- Alternatively, heat oil in a large, heavy Dutch oven to 350 degrees F.
- Do not fill pan more than halfway full with oil.
- Drop the fries into the fryer and cook until they are golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain and season the fries with salt.
- To serve, place 1 steak on a plate, top the steak with skewered shrimp, and add some French fries.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge and serve with a small dish of clarified butter on the side
items 1 - 5 of 10
got a blog or website?