- 1Up 3Down 0
Roasted Pear Spring Salad3 pears, halved and cored
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
4 cups mixed greens
3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
1/2 cup vinaigrette
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Cut each pear half into 4 lengthwise slices.
- Gently toss the pears in the butter, sugar and lemon juice and then place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet
- Roast the pears for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until they have turned golden brown.
- Allow the pears to cool to room temperature.
- Divide the mixed greens, blue cheese, walnuts, and viniaigrette - shallot dressing is a good one - between 4 salad plates.
- Arrange the pears on top of the salads and serve.
- 2Up 3Down 1
Baby Back Ribs2 full racks (quartered) baby back ribs
1-quart beef broth
2 cups barbeque sauce (recommended: Bullseye Original Barbeque Sauce)
1 cup honey
- Place ribs and beef broth in a large heavy pot or Dutch oven.
- Add enough water to fully cover ribs.
- Simmer over low heat for about 1 hour.
- Once tender, remove and set aside.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine barbeque sauce and honey.
- Baste ribs generously with sauce and grill for about 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- 3Up 2Down 0
Red Velvet Dessert Mini1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1 fluid ounce red food coloring
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease two 12 cup muffin pans or line with 20 paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the eggs, buttermilk, red food coloring and vanilla.
- Stir in the baking soda and vinegar.
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder and salt; stir into the batter just until blended.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared cups, dividing evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the tops spring back when lightly pressed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool in the pan set over a wire rack.
- When cool, arrange the cupcakes on a serving platter and frost with desired frosting.
- 4Up 1Down 0
Hawaiian Chicken Salad2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup creamy salad dressing, e.g. Miracle Whip ™
1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, juice reserved
3 (5 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained
1 cup blanched slivered almonds
1 1/2 cups seedless grapes, halved
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Mix in salad dressing and 2 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice.
- Stir in the pineapple tidbits, chicken, almonds, and grapes until evenly coated.
- Chill until serving.
- 5Up 0Down 0
Virgin Daiquiris3 1/2 ounces frozen strawberries
1/8 cup ice
1/2 fluid ounce sweet and sour mix
1 dash grenadine syrup
- Place strawberries, ice cubes, sweet and sour mix and grenadine in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add more ice or less depending on your taste.
items 1 - 5 of 7
today on Ranker
start a list with results
close sorting window
use the search box to filter your list