L The List
- 1+ 23- 9
Baby Back Ribs2 full racks (quartered) baby back ribs
1-quart beef broth
2 cups barbeque sauce (recommended: Bullseye Original Barbeque Sauce)
1 cup honey
- Place ribs and beef broth in a large heavy pot or Dutch oven.
- Add enough water to fully cover ribs.
- Simmer over low heat for about 1 hour.
- Once tender, remove and set aside.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine barbeque sauce and honey.
- Baste ribs generously with sauce and grill for about 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- 2+ 17- 4
Hawaiian Chicken Salad2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup creamy salad dressing, e.g. Miracle Whip ™
1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, juice reserved
3 (5 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained
1 cup blanched slivered almonds
1 1/2 cups seedless grapes, halved
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Mix in salad dressing and 2 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice.
- Stir in the pineapple tidbits, chicken, almonds, and grapes until evenly coated.
- Chill until serving.
- 3+ 15- 5
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad1 pound dry penne pasta
1 tablespoon butter
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch cubes
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (8 ounce) bottle Caesar salad dressing
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 head romaine lettuce - rinsed, dried and shredded
1 large tomato, chopped
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add penne pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken, pepper and salt.
- Cook 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- In a bowl, mix together salad dressing, vinegar and cheese.
- Toss together pasta, chicken, lettuce, and dressing mixture.
- Place in large serving bowl, and sprinkle with tomato.
- Garnish with croutons and Parmesan curls.
- 4+ 9- 1
Chocolate Trifle Dessert1 (19.8 ounce) package brownie mix
1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1/2 cup water
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (1.5 ounce) bar chocolate candy
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and cool completely.
- Cut into 1 inch squares.
- In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, water and sweetened condensed milk.
- Mix until smooth, then fold in 8 ounces whipped topping until no streaks remain.
- In a trifle bowl or glass serving dish, place half of the brownies, half of the pudding mixture and half of the 12 ounce container of whipped topping.
- Repeat layers.
- Shave chocolate onto top layer for garnish.
- Refrigerate 8 hours before serving.
- 5+ 9- 2
- 6+ 8- 2
Roasted Pear Spring Salad3 pears, halved and cored
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
4 cups mixed greens
3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
1/2 cup vinaigrette
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Cut each pear half into 4 lengthwise slices.
- Gently toss the pears in the butter, sugar and lemon juice and then place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet
- Roast the pears for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until they have turned golden brown.
- Allow the pears to cool to room temperature.
- Divide the mixed greens, blue cheese, walnuts, and viniaigrette - shallot dressing is a good one - between 4 salad plates.
- Arrange the pears on top of the salads and serve.