- the list
View as a
- 1Up 10Down 2
Burrito1 box (8 count) flour tortillas
3 c. shredded cooked chicken
1 1/4 c. water
1 (1 1/4 oz.) env. taco seasoning mix
1 1/2 c. shredded lettuce
1 c. diced tomato
1 c. (4 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 c. taco sauce
- Heat tortillas according to package directions.
- In medium skillet, combine chicken, water and taco seasoning.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
-To assemble burritos, spoon about 1/4 cup chicken mixture just below center of each tortilla.
- Add some of the lettuce, tomato, cheese and taco sauce to each tortilla.
- Fold bottom edge of each tortilla up and over just until filling is covered.
- Fold opposite sides of tortilla in, just until they meet.
- Roll up from the bottom.
- Serve with additional taco sauce, if desired.
- 2Up 6Down 2
Burrito Bowl*Cilantro Rice*
1/2 cup dry rice
1/2 diced jalapeno
3 T chopped fresh cilantro
1 bunch chopped green onion (about a 1/2 cup)
2 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp salt
*Garlic Black Beans*
1 can Bush Black Beans
2 cloves garlic
1 cup water
2 bay leaves
1/4 tsp salt
1 box grape tomatoes, quartered
1 avocado diced
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp lime juice
Jar of salsa
2 Chicken breasts meat
- Add 1 cup of water, 1/2 cup of rice, and salt to a sauce pan.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Throw in jalapeno cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Puree the cilantro, green onion and garlic together.
- When rice is done, stir mixture into rice.
*Garlic Black Beans*
- Drain and rinse the can of beans.
- Add beans, crushed garlic, salt, bay leaves, and water to a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Quarter grape tomatoes.
- Dice the avocado.
- Stir together with salt and lime juice.
- Grill and dice any meat that meets your fancy.
- Lightly seasoned with taco seasoning.
- 1/4 cup prepared rice
- 1/3 cup beans (use a slotted spoon to drain liquid)
- 3 oz meat
- 4 Tbsp prepared salsas
-1/4 of tomato/avocado mix
- 3Up 3Down 1
Crispy Tacos1lb ground beef
1 med. onion
1 container of fresh salsa (mild/med/hot your choice)
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
1 head of lettuce
1 package of corn tortillas (12 count)
1 cup of vegetable oil (enough to fill your fry pan about 1/2 inch)
1 can refried beans
- Chop of the onions as small as you like.
- Add onions and ground beef to large fry pan.
- Put them on medium heat and mix them up.
- Once the beef is browned.
- Add 1 teaspon of cumin.
- Add all of the fresh salsa.
- Mix and cook for about 15-20 minutes.
- Do not cover.
- Grate cheese.
- Cut up the tomatoes.
- Wash and dry lettuce.
- Pour vegetable oil in an 8" fry pan.
- Put it on med/low heat.
- Each tortilla will only take a couple of minutes to cook.
- Place a tortilla in the oil, after a minute or so, flip it, then take it out.
- The longer you cook them, the crispier they will get.
- Place shells on a paper grocery bag or a bunch of paper towels to soak up the excess oil.
- Now put tacos together.
- Put in the beef.Then the cheese, tomatoes, lettuce.
- 4Up 2Down 1
Corn Salad1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sour cream
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, seeded and finely chopped
1 scallion, thinly sliced
Salt and freshly ground pepper
5 ears of corn
1/2 medium Vidalia or Walla Walla onion, thickly sliced crosswise
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat a grill pan.
- Brush the corn and onion slices with the olive oil and grill over moderately high heat until charred in spots but still slightly crisp, about 7 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then cut the kernels from the cobs and coarsely chop the onion.
- In a medium bowl, mix the sour cream with the lime juice, chopped chipotle chiles and sliced scallion.
- Stir in the charred corn and onions.
- Season the corn salad with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
- 5Up 0Down 3
Chips and GuacamoleChips:
8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder (such as McCormick)
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup chopped plum totato
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 ripe peeled avocados, seeded and coarsely mashed
2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- To prepare chips, cut each tortilla into 8 wedges;
- Arrange tortilla wedges in a single layer on 2 baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle wedges with 1/2 teaspoon salt and chile powder; lightly coat wedges with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 12 minutes or until wedges are crisp and lightly browned.
- Cool 10 minutes.
To prepare guacamole:
- Peel papery husk from tomatillos.
- Wash, core, and finely chop.
- Combine tomatillos, onion, and remaining ingredients; stir well.
- Serve guacamole with chips.
items 1 - 5 of 5
got a blog or website?
iPad users, go Landscape for the best experience!