L The List
- A bill to legalize same-sex marriage was passed by an overwhelming majority by the Members of the Scottish Parliament (105-18) on February 4, 2014 and will be fast-tracked to implementation with the first same-sex marriages expected to be carried out in mid-to-late 2014.
- Recognizes civil partnerships for same-sex couples; provides rights and responsibilities identical to those of civil marriage.
UPDATE: On July 17, 2013 the House of Commons and the House of Lords signed off on a bill that legalizes same-sex marriage. Following that, the bill was given the royal assent by the Queen, which means the law is officially official.
- Same-sex marriage legal since July 22, 2010. Argentina was the first country in Latin America and the 10th country in the world to allow same-sex marriage nationwide.
- Same-sex marriage legal since June 1, 2003. Belgium was the second country in the world to legalize same-sex marriage.
- Same-sex marriage legal since July 20, 2005. Canada was the fourth country in the world and the first country outside Europe to legalize same-sex marriage.