G Options B Comments & Embed
- 9412/31/13: James Avery, popularly known for his portrayal as Uncle Phil on "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air," died on New Year's Eve. Avery passed away after complications from open-heart surgery. After his role as Philip Banks, the actor continued working on television and movie projects up until September of 2013. He was 68.
- Age: Died at 68 (1945-2013)
- Birthplace: Suffolk, USA, Virginia
- Profession: Soldier, Actor, Voice acting
- Credits: The Blues Brothers, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, The Prince of Egypt, Fletch, + more
- 9312/31/13: John Fortune, a satirist and actor on the British series "Bremner, Bird, and Fortune" as well as the movie Match Point, has died of leukemia. He was 74.
- Age: Died at 74 (1939-2013)
- Birthplace: Bristol, England
- Profession: Comedian, Screenwriter, Satirist, Actor
- Credits: Calendar Girls, The Tailor of Panama, Saving Grace, Bremner^! Bird and Fortune, P.D. James: Death in Holy Orders, + more
12/28/13: Joseph Ruskin, a prolific actor of stage and screen who appeared in The Magnificent Seven, Indecent Proposal, and Prizzi's Honor as well as TV shows like "The Twilight Zone" and "Star Trek," has died of natural causes. He was 89.
- Age: Died at 89 (1924-2013)
- Birthplace: USA, Massachusetts, Haverhill
- Profession: Actor
- Credits: The Magnificent Seven, The Scorpion King, Smokin' Aces, Indecent Proposal, Captain America, + more
- 9112/15/13: Peter O'Toole, an eight time Oscar nominee, has died after a long illness. The star of Lawrence of Arabia shot to fame with just a few minor parts preceding the role that would garner him the first of his eight Oscar nominations for the 1962 film (his last was in 2006 for the film Venus).
O'Toole was also a lauded stage actor, having appeared in many Shakespearian plays, such as Hamlet and Macbeth, on major stages around the world. He was 81.
- Age: Died at 81 (1932-2013)
- Birthplace: Connemara, Republic of Ireland
- Profession: Film Producer, Actor, Voice acting
- Credits: Lawrence of Arabia^! Ratatouille^! The Last Emperor^! The Lion in Winter
- 9012/2/13: Christopher Evan Welch, a star of stage and screen who appeared most recently in the TV series "Nurse Jackie" and "Elementary" as well as movies such as War of the Worlds, The Good Shepherd, and Vicky Christina Barcelona, has died following a short illness. He was 48.
- Age: Died at 48 (1965-2013)
- Birthplace: Fort Belvoir
- Profession: Actor, Voice acting
- Credits: Lincoln, Vicky Cristina Barcelona, The Master, Synecdoche, New York, + more
- 8911/30/13: Paul Walker, star of the Fast & Furious movie series, died in a car accident in Valencia, a town about 30 miles north of Hollywood. Walker was the passenger in a Porsche being driven by his friend and racing team partner Roger Rodus, who also died in the crash. The pair had been in attendance at a event for Walker's charity earlier in the afternoon and slammed into a tree while out on a ride. The car burst into flames, trapping the men inside and preventing onlookers wielding fire extinguishers from saving the men. Walker was 40.
- Age: Died at 40 (1973-2013)
- Birthplace: Glendale, California, United States of America
- Profession: Film Producer, Model, Actor
- Credits: The Fast and the Furious, Furious 7, Fast & Furious 6, 2 Fast 2 Furious
- 8811/24/13: Jay Leggett, an improv comedian and cast member of "In Living Color," has died of natural causes following a hunting trip. He was 50.
- Age: Died at 50 (1963-2013)
- Birthplace: Tomahawk, Wisconsin, United States of America
- Profession: Television director, Television producer, Film Producer, Screenwriter, Actor, + more
- Credits: Without a Paddle, Another Day in Paradise, Employee of the Month, Division III: Football's Finest, Live Nude Girls, + more
- 8710/25/13: Marcia Wallace, who won an Emmy nomination for her portrayal of "Simpsons" teacher Edna Krabappel, has died of pneumonia. The actress had over four decades of appearances on popular television shows as well as game shows like "Password" and "The Hollywood Squares." Prior to her tenure on "The Simpsons," she was best known as Carol Kester, a role she originated on "The Bob Newhart Show" and reprised later on "Murphy Brown." She was 70.
- Age: Died at 71 (1942-2013)
- Birthplace: USA, Creston, Iowa
- Profession: Performer, Comedian, Actor, Voice acting
- Credits: The Simpsons, The Simpsons Movie, The Bob Newhart Show, Teen Witch, Match Game, + more