- Talk show host Art Linkletter's daughter, Diane Linkletter, committed suicide in 1969 by jumping to her death from a window at her apartment in West Hollywood. She was 20. Linkletter blamed his daughter's death on LSD and proclaimed it not a suicide. A friend and witness claimed that Diane had been emotional and very upset the night before her death.
Birthplace: Moose Jaw, Canada
Profession: Radio personality, Actor, Presenter
Institution: San Diego State University
Date Of Death: 2010
Cause Of Death: Natural causes
Place Of Death: Los Angeles, California, United States of America
Art Linkletter : see more
- Burt Bacharach and Angie Dickinson's daughter, Nikki Bacharach, suffocated in 2007, at age 40, using a plastic bag and helium. Nikki grew up with emotional issues and, many believe, a then-undiagnosed case of Asperger's syndrome. She struggled through school and her adult life.
Birthplace: Kansas City, Missouri, United States of America
Profession: Conductor, Film Score Composer, Arranger, Record producer, Songwriter + 4 more
Institution: McGill University, Mannes College of Music
Burt Bacharach : see more
- In 1995, Carroll O'Connor's son, Hugh, committed suicide after a long battle with drug addiction at the age of 32. Hugh had become addicted to painkillers after a battle with cancer, and then eventually moved to harder drugs. He called his father to tell him he was going to end his life. Police arrived at Hugh's home, but it was too late, as he had already shot himself.
Birthplace: Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States of America
Profession: Television director, Comedian, Television producer, Screenwriter, Actor
Institution: Wake Forest University, University of Montana - Missoula, United States Merchant Marine Academy, University College Dublin
Date Of Death: 2001
Cause Of Death: Myocardial infarction, Diabetes mellitus
Place Of Death: Culver City, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
Carroll O'Connor : see more
- In 1965, actor Charles Boyer's only child, Michael Charles Boyer, committed suicide at age 21 while playing Russian Roulette after a bad breakup. Thirteen years later, Charles Boyer too would take his own life with a lethal dose of seconal.
Birthplace: Figeac, France
Profession: Television producer, Film Producer, Actor
Date Of Death: 1978
Cause Of Death: Drug overdose, Suicide
Place Of Death: Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America
Charles Boyer : see more
- Gloria Vanderbilt's oldest son, Carter Vanderbilt Cooper, committed suicide on July 22, 1988, when he was 23. He jumped from the 14th floor terrace of his mother's Manhattan apartment. In her memoir, Vanderbilt wrote that she believes the suicide was caused by a psychotic episode induced by an allergic relationship to Carter's anti-asthma medication, salbutamol.
Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
Profession: Fashion designer, Socialite, Designer, Actor, Writer + 1 more
Institution: Wheeler School, Miss Porter's School, Art Students League of New York
Gloria Vanderbilt : see more
items 1 - 5 of 16
got a blog or website?