Marlon Brando's daughter, Cheyenne Brando, hanged herself in 1995 at age 25. After becoming pregnant, the Tahitian-born model moved with the baby's father, Dag Drollet, to Marlon's house in Los Angeles. Shortly after moving, in 1990, Cheyenne's half-brother, Christian, shot and killed Drollet. After that, Cheyenne's mental state deteriorated until she was diagnosed with schizophrenia, losing custody of her son, Tuki Brando. She hanged herself at the home of her mother, Tarita Teriipaia.
- Age: Died at 80 (1924-2004)
- Birthplace: Omaha, Nebraska, United States of America
- Profession: Actor
- Credits: The Godfather, Apocalypse Now, Superman, On the Waterfront, Superman Returns, + more
Gregory Peck was unable to work for two years after the suicide of his son, news reporter Jonathan Peck, in 1975. Jonathan suffered a self-inflicted gunshot wound. At the time, he was going through a broken relationship and dealing with arteriosclerosis and severe fatigue.
- Age: Died at 87 (1916-2003)
- Birthplace: La Jolla, San Diego, California, United States of America
- Profession: Film Producer, Actor
- Credits: To Kill a Mockingbird, Cape Fear, The Omen, Roman Holiday, How the West Was Won, + more
Marie Osmond's 18 year-old son, Michael Blosil, jumped from the 8th floor of an LA apartment building in 2010. Michael had previously suffered a lifelong battle with depression, and at the age of 16, had gone to rehab for undisclosed reasons. At the time of his suicide, Michael was said to be clean and sober.
- Age: age 56
- Birthplace: Ogden, Utah, United States of America
- Profession: Screenwriter, Designer, Actor, Singer, Presenter
- Credits: Dancing with the Stars, Donny & Marie, Hugo the Hippo, I Married Wyatt Earp, Maybe This Time, + more
In 1978, Paul Newman's son, Scott Newman, who was an aspiring actor in his own right, was found dead in a hotel after overdosing on pills and alcohol. He was 28. Scott Newman had issues with drinking and had been arrested for some alcohol-related incidents. He suffered a motorcycle accident in 1978 for which he then also began taking pain pills. On the night of his death, Scott mixed a lethal dose of Valium, alcohol, and other drugs.
- Age: Died at 83 (1925-2008)
- Birthplace: Shaker Heights, Ohio, United States of America
- Profession: Activist, Businessperson, Entrepreneur, Film Producer, Racing driver, + more
- Credits: The Sting, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Cars, Road to Perdition, Cool Hand Luke, + more
On October 28, 1976, Quentin Hubbard, son of Scientology mastermind L. Ron Hubbard and his third wife, Mary Sue, was found outside of Las Vegas, unconscious in his car with a tube leading from the exhaust to the window. After his older half-brother, Ron Jr., quit the Church in 1959, Quentin had been groomed by their father to succeed him as the leader of the organization. However, according to former fellow Scientologists, Quentin was gay (or, at least, semen was found in his rectum when he died), which was at odds with Church doctrine and a great source of personal torment. Two weeks after his apparent suicide attempt, he died at 22 years old, having never regained consciousness.
- Age: Died at 75 (1911-1986)
- Birthplace: Tilden, Nebraska, United States of America
- Profession: Religious Leader, Novelist, Author, Writer
- Credits: Battlefield Earth, The Secret of Treasure Island, Orientation: A Scientology Information Film, How to Use Dianetics: A Visual Guidebook to the Human Mind, The Auditor's Code, + more
Gloria Vanderbilt's oldest son, Carter Vanderbilt Cooper, committed suicide on July 22, 1988, when he was 23. He jumped from the 14th floor terrace of his mother's Manhattan apartment. In her memoir, Vanderbilt wrote that she believes the suicide was caused by a psychotic episode induced by an allergic relationship to Carter's anti-asthma medication, salbutamol.
- Age: age 91
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- Profession: Fashion designer, Socialite, Designer, Actor, Writer, + more
- Credits: Half Past Autumn
In 1991, Willie Nelson's son Billy, 33, hanged himself in his family's Tennessee cabin following a period of financial difficulty.
- Age: age 82
- Birthplace: Abbott, Texas, United States of America
- Profession: Activist, Film Score Composer, Poet, Record producer, Television producer, + more
- Credits: Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, Austin Powers: Goldmember, Wag the Dog, Half Baked, Thief, + more
Burt Bacharach and Angie Dickinson's daughter, Nikki Bacharach, suffocated in 2007, at age 40, using a plastic bag and helium. Nikki grew up with emotional issues and, many believe, a then-undiagnosed case of Asperger's syndrome. She struggled through school and her adult life.
- Age: age 87
- Birthplace: Kansas City, USA, Missouri
- Profession: Conductor, Film Score Composer, Arranger, Record producer, Songwriter, + more
- Credits: Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, Austin Powers: Goldmember, The Blob, Arthur, + more
In 2009, 46 years after his mother's own suicide, Sylvia Plath's son, Nicholas Hughes hanged himself. He was 47. Hughes was a successful biologist and a faculty member at UAF, but suffered from depression.
- Age: Died at 31 (1932-1963)
- Birthplace: Eastern United States, Boston, Jamaica Plain, New England, United States of America, + more
- Profession: Poet, Novelist, Author, Writer
- Credits: The Bell Jar
In 1995, Carroll O'Connor's son, Hugh, committed suicide after a long battle with drug addiction at the age of 32. Hugh had become addicted to painkillers after a battle with cancer, and then eventually moved to harder drugs. He called his father to tell him he was going to end his life. Police arrived at Hugh's home, but it was too late, as he had already shot himself.
- Age: Died at 77 (1924-2001)
- Birthplace: Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States of America
- Profession: Television director, Comedian, Television producer, Screenwriter, Actor
- Credits: All in the Family, Kelly's Heroes, Cleopatra, Return to Me, In the Heat of the Night, + more
Talk show host Art Linkletter's daughter, Diane Linkletter, committed suicide in 1969 by jumping to her death from a window at her apartment in West Hollywood. She was 20. Linkletter blamed his daughter's death on LSD and proclaimed it not a suicide. A friend and witness claimed that Diane had been emotional and very upset the night before her death.
- Age: Died at 98 (1912-2010)
- Birthplace: Moose Jaw, Canada
- Profession: Radio personality, Actor, Presenter
- Credits: Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color, Kids Say the Darndest Things, People are Funny, Champagne for Caesar, People Are Funny, + more
In 1965, actor Charles Boyer's only child, Michael Charles Boyer, committed suicide at age 21 while playing Russian Roulette after a bad breakup. Thirteen years later, Charles Boyer too would take his own life with a lethal dose of seconal.
(Source1, 2)more ABOUT
- Age: Died at 79 (1899-1978)
- Birthplace: Figeac, France
- Profession: Television producer, Film Producer, Actor
- Credits: Casino Royale, Gaslight, Around the World in 80 Days, Barefoot in the Park, How to Steal a Million, + more
The proxy burden of fame took actor Louis Jourdan's only child, Louis Henry Jourdan, who committed suicide in 1981. Louis Henry, 29, had suffered for years from a drug problem that created a manic-depressive type of disorder that left him unable to work. His father and mother discovered his body at their home in Bel Air.
- Age: age 94
- Birthplace: Marseille, France
- Profession: Actor
- Credits: Octopussy, Gigi, Irma la Douce, Swamp Thing, The Return of Swamp Thing, + more
IN 1981, actor Ray Milland's son, Daniel, shot himself in the head in the bedroom of his Beverly Hills home. No suicide note was found. Milland was said to have a history of drug abuse, and when his roommates had last seen him, they noted he was heavily intoxicated.
- Age: Died at 79 (1907-1986)
- Birthplace: Neath, United Kingdom
- Profession: Television director, Actor, Film Director
- Credits: Love Story, Dial M for Murder, Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid, The Lost Weekend, The Uninvited, + more
Robert Taylor's stepson, Michael Theiss, died of a drug overdoes in 1968, a year before the actor lost his battle with cancer. The 23 year-old's body was found by his mother in a Los Angeles motel room.
- Age: Died at 58 (1911-1969)
- Birthplace: Filley, Nebraska, United States of America
- Profession: Actor
- Credits: Annie, TaleSpin, Camille, Quo Vadis, Ivanhoe, + more
G Options B Comments & Embed