G Options B Comments & Embed
- Marlon Brando's daughter, Cheyenne Brando, hanged herself in 1995 at age 25. After becoming pregnant, the Tahitian-born model moved with the baby's father, Dag Drollet, to Marlon's house in Los Angeles. Shortly after moving, in 1990, Cheyenne's half-brother, Christian, shot and killed Drollet. After that, Cheyenne's mental state deteriorated until she was diagnosed with schizophrenia, losing custody of her son, Tuki Brando. She hanged herself at the home of her mother, Tarita Teriipaia.
- Age: Died at 80 (1924-2004)
- Birthplace: Omaha, Nebraska, United States of America
- Profession: Actor
- Credits: The Godfather, Apocalypse Now, Superman, On the Waterfront
- Gregory Peck was unable to work for two years after the suicide of his son, news reporter Jonathan Peck, in 1975. Jonathan suffered a self-inflicted gunshot wound. At the time, he was going through a broken relationship and dealing with arteriosclerosis and severe fatigue.
- Age: Died at 87 (1916-2003)
- Birthplace: La Jolla, San Diego, California, United States of America
- Profession: Film Producer, Actor
- Credits: To Kill a Mockingbird, Roman Holiday, The Omen, The Guns of Navarone
- Marie Osmond's 18-year-old son, Michael Blosil, jumped from the 8th floor of an LA apartment building in 2010. Michael had previously suffered a lifelong battle with depression, and at the age of 16, had gone to rehab for undisclosed reasons. At the time of his suicide, Michael was said to be clean and sober.
- Age: age 56
- Birthplace: Ogden, Utah, United States of America
- Profession: Screenwriter, Designer, Actor, Singer, Presenter
- Credits: Donny and Marie, Marie, The Talk, Entertainment Tonight
- In 1978, Paul Newman's son, Scott Newman, who was an aspiring actor in his own right, was found dead in a hotel after overdosing on pills and alcohol. He was 28. Scott Newman had issues with drinking and had been arrested for some alcohol-related incidents. He suffered a motorcycle accident in 1978 for which he then also began taking pain pills. On the night of his death, Scott mixed a lethal dose of Valium, alcohol, and other drugs.
- Age: Died at 83 (1925-2008)
- Birthplace: Shaker Heights, Ohio, United States of America
- Profession: Activist, Businessperson, Entrepreneur, Film Producer, Racing driver, + more
- Credits: Cool Hand Luke, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, The Sting, Cars
- On October 28, 1976, Quentin Hubbard, son of Scientology mastermind L. Ron Hubbard and his third wife, Mary Sue, was found outside of Las Vegas, unconscious in his car with a tube leading from the exhaust to the window. After his older half-brother, Ron Jr., quit the Church in 1959, Quentin had been groomed by their father to succeed him as the leader of the organization. However, according to former fellow Scientologists, Quentin was gay (or, at least, semen was found in his rectum when he died), which was at odds with Church doctrine and a great source of personal torment. Two weeks after his apparent suicide attempt, he died at 22 years old, having never regained consciousness.
- Age: Died at 75 (1911-1986)
- Birthplace: Tilden, Nebraska, United States of America
- Profession: Religious Leader, Novelist, Author, Writer
- Credits: Battlefield Earth, The Secret of Treasure Island, Orientation: A Scientology Information Film, How to Use Dianetics: A Visual Guidebook to the Human Mind, The Auditor's Code, + more
- Gloria Vanderbilt's oldest son, Carter Vanderbilt Cooper, committed suicide on July 22, 1988, when he was 23. He jumped from the 14th floor terrace of his mother's Manhattan apartment. In her memoir, Vanderbilt wrote that she believes the suicide was caused by a psychotic episode induced by an allergic relationship to Carter's anti-asthma medication, salbutamol.
- Age: 91
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, USA
- Profession: Fashion designer, Socialite, Designer, Actor, Writer, + more
- Credits: Half Past Autumn
- In 1991, Willie Nelson's son Billy, 33, hanged himself in his family's Tennessee cabin following a period of financial difficulty.
- Age: age 82
- Birthplace: Texas, USA, Abbott
- Profession: Activist, Film Score Composer, Poet, Record producer, Television producer, + more
- Credits: Forrest Gump, Shrek, Wag the Dog, Brokeback Mountain
- Burt Bacharach and Angie Dickinson's daughter, Nikki Bacharach, suffocated in 2007, at age 40, using a plastic bag and helium. Nikki grew up with emotional issues and, many believe, a then-undiagnosed case of Asperger's syndrome. She struggled through school and her adult life.
- Age: 87
- Birthplace: Kansas City, USA, Missouri
- Profession: Conductor, Film Score Composer, Arranger, Record producer, Songwriter, + more
- Credits: Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, Forrest Gump, Goodfellas, Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery