< >Show: 5 25
- the list
View as a
- 1How do you fight a psycho? You become a psycho. That is the thought behind Tobe Hooper's Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. Playing a former Texas Ranger, Lt. "Lefty" Enright, who's family was killed by Leatherface and his "family", Hopper commits himself to the movie and actually manages to pull an amazing performance out of it. The greatest scene is Hopper balancing out chainsaws, trying to determine which one would be better to use in his showdown with Leatherface. The entire movie is really fun if you're a horror fan, and Hopper's Enright makes for a great protagonist.BUY @ AMAZON
- 2The Crow films were on shaky ground when they even tried to make one sequel. This was the fourth. Wicked Prayer starred Terminator 2's Edward Furlong, Angel's David Boreanaz, and American Pie's Tara Reid. Give it up for mid-00's casting directors. The only good choice made by the folks behind this movie was casting Dennis Hopper. Dennis Hopper plays El Nino. I'll say that again, his characters name is El Nino. Hopper gets to deliver such classic dialogue as "Wicked as props to you OG." and"You stole the keys to daddy's car, but you can't handle the horse power." He then facilitates David Borenaz becoming Lucifer. This is a prime example of Dennis Hopper taking an awful character and making it fun and memorable, anyone else and El Nino would have been ridiculous instead of a scenery chewing masterpiece. Watch the best of El Nino in the embedded video, skip the rest.BUY @ AMAZON
- 3After making Avatar prequel Dances With Wolves, Kevin Costner could do no wrong. The Studio trusted him so much they pretty much let him run rampant on his next picture, the disastrous Water World. The polar ice caps have melted causing the Earth to become an ocean planet. All that remains are the peaceful sailors that live on atolls and the evil smokers who live on an oil rig. That's where Hopper comes in. Kevin Costner's only brilliant move in this gigantic waste of a budget was casting Dennis Hopper as the leader of the Smoker clan, Deacon. Giving out cans of SMEAT and treating all of his "cousins" like dirt, Hopper was given some fertile ground to go nuts on, and he does it in fine form. The character of Sol in Neil Marshall's Doomsday is hevily influenced by Waterworld's backwater Deacon.BUY @ AMAZON
- 4Fisher Stevens and Dennis Hopper. I'll say it again, Fisher Stevens and Dennis Hopper. These two in a scene together fills my heart with joy. Hopper plays a hippy science teacher that helps a group of misfits realize they've stumbled across a time machine. He's not in the film long, but his scenes leave an impression. Check out the attached video to see Hopper become one with time and space. (and to see Darth Vader and his Storm Troopers TPing a car)BUY @ AMAZON
- 5Super Mario Bros. is a classic video game and possibly the greatest game of all time. The movie based on it, however, is the exact opposite. A mind numbingly bad interpretation of the game series, the writers thought it would be better to have Koopa be a Gordon Gekko-esque sleazeball instead of a tyrannical reptile. For his part though, Dennis Hopper played King Koopa as well as can be expected. When someone is handed a bad idea and told to work with it, you don't blame the guy that made the good looking brownies out of the poo he was handed. I'll go so far as to say Hopper was the highlight of the movie. That seems to be a running theme. Hopper also gets to utter the greatest single line of dialogue in video game movie history. "BoBomb!"BUY @ AMAZON
items 1 - 5 of 8
got a blog or website?
iPad users, go Landscape for the best experience!