- 1Up 7Down 2
Cranberry Orange Pancakes1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries , coarsely chopped
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 -3 teaspoons orange zest , finely minced
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg , slightly beaten
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup orange juice
3 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- In a small bowl, mix cranberries, sugar and zest; set aside.
- In large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another small bowl, mix egg, buttermilk, OJ and butter; add to flour mixture, stir until combined.
- Fold cranberry mixture into other mixed ingredients.
- Heat a lightly greastd griddle or heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle for each pancake.
- Cook pancakes until golden brown, then turn to cook other sides; serve hot. Makes 5 servings.
- 2Up 3Down 0
New York Style Cheesecake3 lbs. cream cheese
1 3/4 c. sugar
1 1/4 c. sour cream
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. grated lemon peel
1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
4 oz. butter, melted
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 c. sugar
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with cinnamon and sugar; add melted butter.
- Press into pans; set aside.
- Cream the cheese and add remaining ingredients with the eggs last; whip until smooth and pour over crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F; turn down oven and bake for an hour at 275 degrees.
- After baking, put wax paper on top; place a plate on top of paper to weigh it down.
- Cool; top with sour cream layer and chocolate swirls, strawberries, or leave plain.
- 3Up 5Down 3
Chicken Fajita Breakfast Skillet2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Halves
2 cups Home Fries or Hash browns
1 teaspoon Fajita Seasoning
1 Small Bell Pepper
1 Small Onion
1/4 cup Half and Half
1/2 cup Shredded Cheese
1/2 cup Sour Cream (optional)
1/2 cup Guacamole (optional)
Salt and Pepper
- Rub chicken breast with fajita seasoning; let marinade for 1/2 hour.
- Slice marinated chicken into strips; use cooking spray and braise chicken in a hot skillet until done.
- Add onion and bell pepper to skillet fry; stir on high heat to cook quickly.
- Remove all from heat; set aside.
- Brown leftover cooked potatoes or frozen hash browns, cook until desired crispness; season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Divide in half; place on serving platters.
- Mix egg with half and half, salt and pepper to taste; cook egg mixture into two separate omelets.
- Place mixture on top of browned potatoes; place one half of cooked fajita meat and cooked onions and peppers on top of omelet.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese on each platter of fajita platter; serve with sour cream, guacamole, and salsa if you like.
- 4Up 3Down 3
Bacon Caesar Burger1 Hamburger bun
1 Hamburger patty
1 slice Romaine lettuce
2 Hamburger slices of dill pickles
1 slice of red onion
2 slices of tomato
2 slices Monterey Jack cheese
2 slices of bacon cooked
1/4 cup Caesar dressing - served on the side
- Cook hamburger patty; season with salt and pepper.
- Toast bun separately in a skillet.
- Assemble burger as follows: Bottom bun, slice of romaine lettuce, 2 slices of tomatoes, 2 slices of pickle, onion, hamburger pattie, 2 slices of Monterey Jack cheese, 2 slices of Bacon placed crossways, Top Bun
- Dip your burger in Caesar dressing or serve on side.
- 5Up 1Down 1
Chicken Fried Steak4 Cubed steaks
2 tablespoons Lambrusco's red wine Or Juice
2 cups Bisquick
1/4 pound Butter or margarine -- Melted
1/3 cup Cooking oil
- Put steaks in a dish in single layers; wipe on both sides with an even coating of corn oil.
- Dust steaks on both sides with a generous amount of season salt.
- Drizzle each steak with wine or juice.
- Seal dish in doubled foil or plastic wrap; refrigerate for 24 hours prior to preparing dish.
- Remove steaks from refrigerator; coat both sides well in Bisquick mix.
- Combine butter with oil in a large skillet until melted; brown both sides of each steak until crispy.
- Transfer steaks back to baking dish and seal in foil; bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
- 6Up 1Down 3
Denny's Cheese Soup4 tablespoons butter or margarine
10 ounces cream of chicken soup
10 ounces cream of celery soup
1/2 soup can Kraft's mayonnaise
1 jar Cheese Whiz - (8 oz)
1 can chicken broth - (14 oz)
Salt -- to taste
Freshly-ground black pepper -- to taste
- Put butter, soups, mayonnaise and Cheez Whiz in 1 1/2-quart saucepan; stir constantly over medium heat until smooth.
- Stir in broth and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir occasionally until piping hot - but don't let it boil.
got a blog or website?