- 1+ 392- 53"Why do you weep. Did you think I was immortal?"
Louis XIV, King of France
Louis XIV, known as Louis the Great or the Sun King, was a monarch of the House of Bourbon who ruled as King of France from 1643 until his death. His reign of 72 years and 110 days is the longest of any monarch of a major country in European history. Louis began his personal rule of France in 1661 after ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 77 (1638-1715)
- Birthplace: Château de Saint-Germain-en-Laye, Saint-Germain-en-Laye, France
- Cause Of Death: Gangrene
- 2+ 297- 34"I've had a hell of a lot of fun and I've enjoyed every minute of it."
Errol Flynn, actor
Errol Leslie Thomson Flynn was an Australian-American actor. He was known for his romantic swashbuckler roles in Hollywood films and his playboy lifestyle. moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 50 (1909-1959)
- Birthplace: Hobart, Australia
- Profession: Film Producer, Screenwriter, Actor, Writer
- Cause Of Death: Myocardial infarction
- Credits: The Adventures of Robin Hood, Captain Blood, The Sea Hawk, Objective, Burma!
- 3+ 274- 53"I should never have switched from Scotch to Martinis."
Humphrey Bogart, actor
Humphrey DeForest Bogart was an American screen actor whose performances in such iconic 1940s films noir as The Maltese Falcon, Casablanca, and The Big Sleep, earned him the legacy of cultural icon. In 1999, the American Film Institute ranked Bogart as the greatest male star in the history of American ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 58 (1899-1957)
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States of America
- Profession: Actor
- Cause Of Death: Esophageal cancer, Cancer of the larynx
- Credits: Casablanca, The Maltese Falcon, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, The Big Sleep
- 4+ 249- 45"Friends applaud, the comedy is over."
Ludwig van Beethoven, composer
Ludwig van Beethoven was a German composer and pianist. A crucial figure in the transition between the Classical and Romantic eras in Western art music, he remains one of the most famous and influential of all composers. His best-known compositions include 9 symphonies, 5 concertos for piano, 1 violin ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 57 (1770-1827)
- Birthplace: Bonn, Germany
- Profession: Songwriter, Pianist, Musician, Lyricist, Composer, + more
- Credits: Django Unchained, A Clockwork Orange, The King's Speech, The Pianist
- 5+ 263- 51"I love you Sarah. For all eternity, I love you."
James K. Polk, US President
James Knox Polk was the 11th President of the United States. Polk was born in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina. He later lived in and represented Tennessee. A Democrat, Polk served as the 17th Speaker of the House of Representatives and Governor of Tennessee. Polk was the surprise candidate for ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 54 (1795-1849)
- Birthplace: Pineville, North Carolina, USA
- Profession: Politician, Farmer, Lawyer
- Cause Of Death: Cholera
- 6+ 206- 34"Turn up the lights, I don't want to go home in the dark."
O. Henry (William Sidney Porter), writer
William Sydney Porter, known by his pen name O. Henry, was an American writer. O. Henry's short stories are known for their wit, wordplay, warm characterization, and surprise endings. moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 48 (1862-1910)
- Birthplace: Greensboro, North Carolina, United States of America
- Profession: Writer
- Cause Of Death: Cirrhosis
- Credits: Ruthless People, Wishbone's Dog Days of the West, The Gay Cavalier, Raincoat, Cohen and Tate, + more
- 7+ 288- 66"I'm bored with it all."
Winston Churchill, statesman
Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill, KG, OM, CH, TD, DL, FRS, RA was a British politician who was the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1940 to 1945 and again from 1951 to 1955. Widely regarded as one of the greatest wartime leaders of the 20th century, Churchill was also an officer in the ...moremore ABOUT
- Age: Died at 91 (1874-1965)
- Birthplace: Blenheim Palace, United Kingdom
- Profession: Statesman, Painter, Politician, Journalist, Orator, + more
- Cause Of Death: Stroke
- Credits: Young Winston, Churchill's People, The First World War, The Finest Hours
- 8+ 425- 124"Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit."
Jesus, also referred to as Jesus of Nazareth, is the central figure of Christianity, whom the teachings of most Christian denominations hold to be the Son of God. Christianity regards Jesus as the awaited Messiah of the Old Testament and refers to him as Jesus Christ, a name that is also used in ...moremore ABOUT
- Birthplace: Judea
- Profession: Carpenter, Prophet, Preacher
- Cause Of Death: Crucifixion
G Options B Comments & Embed