- 1+ 27- 8
Chile Con Queso
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 onion, diced
1 tomato, diced
10 large roasted green chile peppers, seeded and chopped
1/2 cup shredded queso asadero (white Mexican cheese)
1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/4 cup milk
salt to taste
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in the onion and tomato; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the green chile; cook for 2 minutes then stir in the cheese and milk.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently, until the cheese has melted.
- 2+ 6- 4
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
500g beef mince
300g can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
1 teaspoon Mexican chilli powder
35g sachet reduced-salt taco seasoning mix
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
230g packet corn chips
1 cup grated tasty cheese
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook onion for 2 minutes, or until soft. Add mince.
- Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add kidney beans, chilli powder, seasoning, tomato paste and water.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until thick.
- Stir through coriander.
- Arrange corn chips on a heatproof plate.
- Top with mince.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until hot.
- Top with salsa, avocado and sour cream.
- 3+ 3- 3
Quesadilla Circulo Salad
4 - ounces salad greens
1 - package Oven Roasted Chicken Breast, cut into strips
1/2 - cup Quesadilla cheese or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1 - Avocado, ripe, peeled and sliced
1 - Roasted red pepper, cut into julienne strips
1/2 - cup Cilantro, chopped
2 - Tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/2 - cup Chipotle Mayo
- In a large salad bowl, top 4 ounces of salad greens with chicken and grated cheese.
- Garnish with the avocado slices, red pepper slices and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- To make dressing, add fresh lime juice to Chipotle Mayo and drizzle over salad.
- 4+ 3- 3
Chile Relleno Enchiladas
4 egg whites
1/3 cup all purpose flour
16 oz. shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 cup evaporated milk
3 cans whole green chilies
1 8 oz. can enchilada sauce
- Spray a 2 quart casserole dish.
- In medium bowl, combine egg whites, milk, and flour; beat until well blended.
- Place 1/2 the green chilies in baking dish.
- Cover with 1/2 of the egg mixture.
- Spread 1/3 of the cheese on top.
- Repeat layers, saving last 1/3 of the cheese.
- Pour sauce on top of casserole.
- Bake @ 350*F. for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes to melt cheese and until casserole is bubbly.
- 5+ 1- 2
5 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves minced garlic
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
16 large shrimp, peeled and deveined, without tails
4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
3/4 cup shredded Cheddar and Monterey cheese blend
2 cups fresh salsa
- In a mixing bowl, combine 4 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, ginger, hot sauce, and shrimp.
- Coat shrimp well with mixture, and marinate 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 9 inch glass pie dish with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Fill flour tortillas with marinated shrimp, cheese blend and salsa.
- Fold tortillas into a roll and place in the greased pie dish.
- Spread a thin layer of salsa on top of the tortillas.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes or until shrimp are pink.
- 6+ 0- 1
Chicken Fajita Salad
2 tablespoons cooking oil, divided
1/4 cup lime juice
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into thin strips
1 onion, cut into thin wedges
1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 (7 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
1 cup whole almonds, toasted
3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
1 avocado, sliced
- Combine 1 tablespoon oil, lime juice, garlic, cumin and oregano.
-Toss with chicken; marinate at least 30 minutes.
- In a skillet, heat remaining oil on medium-high.
- Saute onion 2 minutes.
- Drain chicken, reserving marinade.
- Add chicken to skillet; stir-fry until it begins to brown.
- Add red pepper, chilies and marinade; cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in almonds.
- Serve immediately over shredded lettuce and top with tomatoes and avocado.
- 7+ 0- 2
Chicken Monterrey Dinner
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
ground black pepper to taste
seasoning salt to taste
2 teaspoons dried parsley
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil grate.
- Dip chicken in lemon juice, and sprinkle with the onion powder, ground black pepper, seasoning salt and parsley.
- Discard any remaining lemon juice.
- Cook on the prepared grill 10 to 15 minutes per side, or until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- 8+ 1- 6
Chicken and Mushroom Fajitas
3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil, divided
1 Cup Red, Green, and Yellow Pepper Strips
1/2 Cup Celery, sliced
1 Red Onion, thinly sliced
4 Cups Ontario Mushrooms, sliced
1 Pound Chicken Breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into strips
1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
8 Large Soft Flour Tortillas, heated
Grated Cheese, your choice
- In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of the oil.
- Saute peppers, celery and onion 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add mushrooms; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently; set aside; keep warm.
- Add remaining oil to skillet.
- Coat chicken with seasonings; saute, stirring 6 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Return mushroom mixture to skillet; toss gently with chicken to mix.
- Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of the mushroom, chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up.
- Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
G Options B Comments & Embed