- 1Up 14Down 3
Chile Con Queso2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 onion, diced
1 tomato, diced
10 large roasted green chile peppers, seeded and chopped
1/2 cup shredded queso asadero (white Mexican cheese)
1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/4 cup milk
salt to taste
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in the onion and tomato; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the green chile; cook for 2 minutes then stir in the cheese and milk.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently, until the cheese has melted.
- 2Up 4Down 2
Beef Nachos1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
500g beef mince
300g can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
1 teaspoon Mexican chilli powder
35g sachet reduced-salt taco seasoning mix
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
230g packet corn chips
1 cup grated tasty cheese
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook onion for 2 minutes, or until soft. Add mince.
- Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add kidney beans, chilli powder, seasoning, tomato paste and water.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until thick.
- Stir through coriander.
- Arrange corn chips on a heatproof plate.
- Top with mince.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until hot.
- Top with salsa, avocado and sour cream.
- 3Up 3Down 2
Quesadilla Circulo Salad4 - ounces salad greens
1 - package Oven Roasted Chicken Breast, cut into strips
1/2 - cup Quesadilla cheese or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1 - Avocado, ripe, peeled and sliced
1 - Roasted red pepper, cut into julienne strips
1/2 - cup Cilantro, chopped
2 - Tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/2 - cup Chipotle Mayo
- In a large salad bowl, top 4 ounces of salad greens with chicken and grated cheese.
- Garnish with the avocado slices, red pepper slices and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- To make dressing, add fresh lime juice to Chipotle Mayo and drizzle over salad.
- 4Up 3Down 2
Chile Relleno Enchiladas4 egg whites
1/3 cup all purpose flour
16 oz. shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 cup evaporated milk
3 cans whole green chilies
1 8 oz. can enchilada sauce
- Spray a 2 quart casserole dish.
- In medium bowl, combine egg whites, milk, and flour; beat until well blended.
- Place 1/2 the green chilies in baking dish.
- Cover with 1/2 of the egg mixture.
- Spread 1/3 of the cheese on top.
- Repeat layers, saving last 1/3 of the cheese.
- Pour sauce on top of casserole.
- Bake @ 350*F. for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes to melt cheese and until casserole is bubbly.
- 5Up 0Down 0
Chicken Fajita Salad2 tablespoons cooking oil, divided
1/4 cup lime juice
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into thin strips
1 onion, cut into thin wedges
1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 (7 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
1 cup whole almonds, toasted
3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
1 avocado, sliced
- Combine 1 tablespoon oil, lime juice, garlic, cumin and oregano.
-Toss with chicken; marinate at least 30 minutes.
- In a skillet, heat remaining oil on medium-high.
- Saute onion 2 minutes.
- Drain chicken, reserving marinade.
- Add chicken to skillet; stir-fry until it begins to brown.
- Add red pepper, chilies and marinade; cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in almonds.
- Serve immediately over shredded lettuce and top with tomatoes and avocado.
items 1 - 5 of 8
got a blog or website?