- 6Up 0Down 0
Chicken Fajita Salad2 tablespoons cooking oil, divided
1/4 cup lime juice
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into thin strips
1 onion, cut into thin wedges
1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 (7 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
1 cup whole almonds, toasted
3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
1 avocado, sliced
- Combine 1 tablespoon oil, lime juice, garlic, cumin and oregano.
-Toss with chicken; marinate at least 30 minutes.
- In a skillet, heat remaining oil on medium-high.
- Saute onion 2 minutes.
- Drain chicken, reserving marinade.
- Add chicken to skillet; stir-fry until it begins to brown.
- Add red pepper, chilies and marinade; cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in almonds.
- Serve immediately over shredded lettuce and top with tomatoes and avocado.
- 7Up 0Down 2
Shrimp Enchiladas5 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves minced garlic
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
16 large shrimp, peeled and deveined, without tails
4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
3/4 cup shredded Cheddar and Monterey cheese blend
2 cups fresh salsa
- In a mixing bowl, combine 4 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, ginger, hot sauce, and shrimp.
- Coat shrimp well with mixture, and marinate 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease a 9 inch glass pie dish with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Fill flour tortillas with marinated shrimp, cheese blend and salsa.
- Fold tortillas into a roll and place in the greased pie dish.
- Spread a thin layer of salsa on top of the tortillas.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes or until shrimp are pink.
- 8Up 0Down 2
Chicken and Mushroom Fajitas3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil, divided
1 Cup Red, Green, and Yellow Pepper Strips
1/2 Cup Celery, sliced
1 Red Onion, thinly sliced
4 Cups Ontario Mushrooms, sliced
1 Pound Chicken Breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into strips
1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
8 Large Soft Flour Tortillas, heated
Grated Cheese, your choice
- In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of the oil.
- Saute peppers, celery and onion 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add mushrooms; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently; set aside; keep warm.
- Add remaining oil to skillet.
- Coat chicken with seasonings; saute, stirring 6 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Return mushroom mixture to skillet; toss gently with chicken to mix.
- Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of the mushroom, chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up.
- Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
items 6 - 8 of 8
today on Ranker
start a list with results
close sorting window
use the search box to filter your list