< >Show: 5 25
- the list
View as a
- 1Up 9Down 1
Quick Seared Ahi Tuna1 1/2 pound center-cut Ahi tuna fillet
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 1/2 tablespoon coarse black pepper, freshly ground
2 tbsp vegetable oil
4 lemon wedges, optional garnish
For the reduction:
6 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
1 lemon, juiced
1 garlic clove, peeled, halved
- Place the balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, and garlic in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Simmer until the mixture reduces by half.
-Turn off the heat and reserve until needed.
- Slice the tuna fillet into 4 equal size rectangular steaks.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, coriander, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
- Lay the tuna steaks out on a plate, and sprinkle the spice mixture evenly on all sides.
- Evenly coat the tuna steaks with the freshly ground black pepper, and gently press it in.
- Place a thick-bottomed frying pan, or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. \
- Add the oil and swirl to coat the pan.
- Add the tuna to the pan and sear the steaks for about 1 minute per side, or until desired doneness is reached.
- Remove to a cutting board.
- For presentation, cut each steak diagonally into 4-5 slices and fan on a plate.
- Serve with a small amount of sauce drizzled along side.
- Garnish with additional lemon if desired.
- 2Up 11Down 6
Three Cheese Macaroni1 large egg
1 12-ounce can evaporated whole milk
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 1/3 cups grated muenster cheese (4 ounces), plus 4 deli-thin slices (1 ounce)
1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (1 ounce)
1/2 head cauliflower, cut into small florets (4 cups)
4 cups medium pasta shells (9 ounces)
- Whisk the egg, evaporated milk, cayenne, nutmeg, and salt and black pepper to taste in a bowl.
- Toss the grated cheeses in a separate bowl.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the cauliflower and cook until almost falling apart, about 7 minutes.
- Transfer with a slotted spoon to a bowl.
- Add the pasta to the same water and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking water.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Combine the egg mixture and the grated cheeses in the empty pot and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the cheeses melt and the sauce begins to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and add the cauliflower.
- Puree with an immersion blender until smooth and light (you can also use a regular blender).
- Stir in some of the reserved pasta water until creamy.
Toss the pasta in the sauce;
- Season with salt and black pepper.
-Transfer to a shallow casserole dish and top with muenster slices.
- Broil until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- 3Up 8Down 4
Warm and Spicy Artichoke Dip1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine the artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, cheese and green chilies.
- Mix well and pour into a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and chopped tomato if desired.
- 4Up 3Down 2
Vietnamese Shrimp Spring Roll2 ounces rice vermicelli (60 mL)
8 rice wrappers (8.5 inch diameter)
8 large cooked shrimp – peeled, deveined and cut in half
1 1/3 tablespoons chopped fresh Thai basil (20 mL)
3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves (45 mL)
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (45 mL)
2 leaves lettuce, chopped
- Soak vermicelli in cold water until soft.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and cook vermicelli for 2-3 minutes, or until al dente.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Fill a large bowl with warm water.
- Dip one wrapper into the hot water for a second and lay the wrapper on a flat surface.
- In a raw across the center, place 3 shrimp halves down and top with vermicelli, basil, mint, cilantro and lettuce – leaving about 2 inches on each side.
- Fold the uncovered sides inward and roll the wrapper tightly.
- Serve with Spicy Peanut Sauce.
Spicy Peanut Sauce:
½ cup peanut butter (120 mL)
2 tablespoons water (30 mL)
1 tablespoon gluten free hoisin (15 mL) – can be found here
1 teaspoon Sriracha (5 mL)
Handful of peanuts, crushed
- Mix peanut butter and water together until thoroughly mixed.
- Add more water (1 teaspoon at a time) if the consistency is too thick.
- Stir in hoisin and Sriracha and top with crushed peanuts.
- Serve with spring rolls.
- 5Up 0Down 0
Quick-Fried Soy-Ginger Calamari1/2 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
3 tablespoons mirin
1 pound small squid (bodies and tentacles), cleaned
- Mix together the soy sauce, ginger, and mirin in a large bowl to make the marinade.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the marinade and set aside.
- Lay the squid in the remaining liquid, gently turning 4 times to coat all over.
- Marinate the squid for 10 minutes at room temperature, turning once.
- Preheat a grill to hot.
- Grill the squid for about 4 minutes (5 minutes if they're larger than 1 ounce apiece).
- Every 30 seconds flip the squid and brush on the reserved marinade.
- The squid will turn from translucent to white when they're ready, becoming tender and releasing a rich aroma.
- Be careful not to overcook; squid turns rubbery if grilled too long.
items 1 - 5 of 8
start a list with results
close sorting window
use the search box to filter your list