G Options B Comments & Embed
- 1vI feel that she is one of the few artists that can hold a very strong stage presence even when standing on her own. She plays a plethora of instruments and I have always been truly impressed by her.
- 2vKaren O really is simply the coolest woman alive. The Yeah Yeah Yeahs are one of my favorite groups, and no other woman has quite the style or attitude to match.
- 3vI love this band because not many people know their history. I love that they existed almost simultaneously as The Pixies and still managed to have an independent sound even with the few band members that overlapped. Cannonball will forever be one of the greatest indie rock songs ever.
- 4vOne of the most innovative and unique artists of our time. Her music is so different from anything else, I feel as if it is almost an out of body experience. It is mind boggling to think we have both shared my producer Nellee Hooper.
- 5vI love her record The Reminder. Her voice is so pure and carries her music with out trying. She is also a member of one of my favorite bands Broken Social Scene.
- 6vLyrics, music, and style, this band is the epitome of who I would love to be in music. Brilliance. I love Emily Haines' vocal approach with this band and her side projects, Stars and Broken Social Scene. Emily seems like one of the boys and I love that attitude with women in music.
- 7vFiona is such a sexy, unbelievably talented songwriter. I've been an admirer of her work forever.
- 8vI really respect Regina spector. She is so honest with herself and public and how she feels about her music. I love her approach and style of writing which she claims is less autobiographical and more based on scenarios and characters drawn from her imagination. I feel as though I do the same with my own music.
- 9vShe was one of the greatest influences as a female artist for my record Fight or Flight. Her electro-synth sensibility had such a strong impact on me as an artist.
- 10vI love the entire history of Tegan and Sara. It seems rare that two sisters and twins can hold so much talent, they both have such unique voices and writing styles. I am so unbelievably envious of their tour mates, everyone from The Killers and Paramore to Weezer and Cake.