- 6Lyrics, music, and style, this band is the epitome of who I would love to be in music. Brilliance. I love Emily Haines' vocal approach with this band and her side projects, Stars and Broken Social Scene. Emily seems like one of the boys and I love that attitude with women in music.
- 7Fiona is such a sexy, unbelievably talented songwriter. I've been an admirer of her work forever.
- 8I really respect Regina spector. She is so honest with herself and public and how she feels about her music. I love her approach and style of writing which she claims is less autobiographical and more based on scenarios and characters drawn from her imagination. I feel as though I do the same with my own music.
- 9She was one of the greatest influences as a female artist for my record Fight or Flight. Her electro-synth sensibility had such a strong impact on me as an artist.
- 10I love the entire history of Tegan and Sara. It seems rare that two sisters and twins can hold so much talent, they both have such unique voices and writing styles. I am so unbelievably envious of their tour mates, everyone from The Killers and Paramore to Weezer and Cake.
items 6 - 10 of 10
got a blog or website?