- 1Up 22Down 9
Texas Beef Brisket7 lb. beef brisket, trimmed
2 tsp. onion salt
1 tsp. celery salt
1 tsp. garlic salt
4 tsp. monosodium glutamate or baking soda
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tbsp. liquid smoke
Texas Barbecue Sauce:
1/2 c. butter
1/4 c. vinegar
1/4 c. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 c. sugar
Salt, pepper & garlic salt to taste
2 c. ketchup
1/4 c. lemon juice
1/2 c. water
1 onion, chopped
2 tsp. Tabasco
- Rub brisket with onion, celery, garlic salt and monosodium glutamate.
- Let stand about 30 minutes.
- Place in a roasting pan and pour Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke over surface of roast.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours.
- Drain off marinade, wrap brisket fatty side up in heavy foil and seal.
- Bake 5 hours at 300 degrees.
- Allow to cool.
- Combine Texas Barbecue Sauce ingredients and simmer 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Slice meat thinly across the grain and place in a baking dish.
- Cover with barbecue sauce and bake 20 minutes at 325 degrees.
- 2Up 15Down 3
Georgia Chopped Pork4 lg. lean pork chops
1/4 c. peanut butter
1/2 can mushroom soup
1/4 c. milk
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
- Brown pork chops.
- Pour off fat.
- Top each chop with a thick slice of onion.
- Mix peanut butter, mushroom soup, milk and seasonings. Pour over chops.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 45 minutes.
- 3Up 5Down 1
Citrus Grilled Salmon2 oranges, peeled, white pith removed
2 (6 oz.) 1 inch thick salmon fillets
2 tsp. safflower oil
Freshly ground pepper
1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
1/2 cantaloupe, seeded, cut into 1 1/2 inch wedges and peeled
Additional fresh lime juice
Chopped fresh cilantro
- Cut oranges between membranes with small sharp knife to release individual segments.
- Set aside.
- Prepare barbecue (high heat) or preheat broiler.
- Rub salmon on both sides with oil.
- Sprinkle generously with pepper.
- Grill salmon until just cooked through, basting with 1 tablespoon lime juice, about 4 minutes per side.
- Grill cantaloupe just long enough to heat through and make grill marks, about 2 minutes per side.
- Arrange salmon and cantaloupe on serving plate.
- Garnish with orange segments.
- Sprinkle with additional lime juice and chopped cilantro.
- 4Up 2Down 0
Bread Pudding6 slices day-old bread
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups milk
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Break bread into small pieces into an 8 inch square baking pan.
- Drizzle melted butter or margarine over bread.
- If desired, sprinkle with raisins.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.
- 5Up 4Down 3
Barbecue Classics2 cups ketchup
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup minced onion
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons water
3 cloves garlic crushed
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
fresh ground pepper to taste
- Blend onion and water into a puree.
- Heat a medium sauce pan over a medium heat.
- Add olive oil.
- When oil is warm, pour in onion puree.
- Simmer until slightly browned.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly and simmer for about 20 minutes.
got a blog or website?