Famous Dave's Legendary Pit Bar-B-Que is a chain of southern-stye barbecue restaurants based in Minnesota. Menu items include BBQ favorites like hickory smoked spareribs, beef brisket, and chicken, though Famous Dave's is also known for its burgers and salads, like the Crispy Chicken Jumpoff. The restaurant also serves indulgent desserts like bread pudding and has a full bar.
From the cheesy biscuits at Red Lobster to the amazing sauces at Buffalo Wild Wings, it's always tempting to go out for a delicious treat at one of the numerous chain and franchise restaurants dotting the landscape. But eating out at restaurants all the time can be a costly proposition. Not to mention the fact that, at restaurants, you have no portion control, and can't alter the recipes, ingredients or style of cooking to suit your own taste.
Making Famous Dave's recipes in your home gives you all of these options, while saving you money, and providing the same great diversity and taste that you'd find at your favorite casual dining spot. This list collections the best copycat Famous Dave's recipes from around the Web.
What are Famous Dave's recipes? Take al ook here and find out for yourself.
Georgia Chopped Pork
4 lg. lean pork chops
1/4 c. peanut butter
1/2 can mushroom soup
1/4 c. milk
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
- Pour off fat.
- Top each chop with a thick slice of onion.
- Mix peanut butter, mushroom soup, milk and seasonings. Pour over chops.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 45 minutes.
Texas Beef Brisket
7 lb. beef brisket, trimmed
2 tsp. onion salt
1 tsp. celery salt
1 tsp. garlic salt
4 tsp. monosodium glutamate or baking soda
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tbsp. liquid smoke
Texas Barbecue Sauce:
1/2 c. butter
1/4 c. vinegar
1/4 c. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 c. sugar
Salt, pepper & garlic salt to taste
2 c. ketchup
1/4 c. lemon juice
1/2 c. water
1 onion, chopped
2 tsp. Tabasco
- Rub brisket with onion, celery, garlic salt and monosodium glutamate.
- Let stand about 30 minutes.
- Place in a roasting pan and pour Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke over surface of roast.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours.
- Drain off marinade, wrap brisket fatty side up in heavy foil and seal.
- Bake 5 hours at 300 degrees.
- Allow to cool.
- Combine Texas Barbecue Sauce ingredients and simmer 20 minutes over medium heat.
- Slice meat thinly across the grain and place in a baking dish.
- Cover with barbecue sauce and bake 20 minutes at 325 degrees.
Dave's Famous Chili Soup
3 pounds ground beef
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
2 potatoes, cubed
4 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans
4 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
8 cups tomato juice
3 teaspoons chili powder
8 cups water
salt to taste
- Saute for 5 minutes, or until meat is browned.
- Drain excess fat and add the potatoes, beans, tomato soup, tomato juice, chili powder, water and salt to taste.
- Bring just to a boil and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 1 hour and serve.
Citrus Grilled Shrimp
1 ½ lbs large shrimp , peeled and deveined
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 oranges, juice and zest of
1 lime, juice and zest of
½-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon sugar
- In a mixing bowl, combine the marinade ingredients.
- Pour over shrimp and seal bag.
- Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat barbeque grill on high heat.
- Remove shrimp from bag and pat dry.
- Lightly oil the grill and place shrimp directly on grill.
- Cook for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side.