L The List
- 1Between 1989-90, prostitute-turned-killer Aileen Wuornos murdered seven johns who had the misfortune of looking for a little extra-marital action. A minor traffic accident in one her victim's cars led to her arrest and eventual 2002 execution.
(Source)more ABOUTAge: Died at 46 (1956-2002)
Birthplace: Rochester, Michigan, United States of America
Cause Of Death: Lethal injection, Capital punishment
Place Of Death: Florida State Prison, Florida, United States of America
- 2Known as "The Moors Murderer" and "The Most Evil Woman in Britain", Myra Hindley and her lover, Ian Brady, plotted and carried out the rape and deaths of five young children 1963-65 in England. The pair were turned in to the police by Hindley's brother-in-law who had witnessed Brady killing a boy with an axe. Hindley died in prison in 2002 at age 60.
(Source)more ABOUTAge: Died at 60 (1942-2002)
Birthplace: Crumpsall, United Kingdom
Cause Of Death: Myocardial infarction
- 3Jane Toppan, a nurse with a private practice, racked up dozens of victims between 1885 and her capture near the turn of the century. While in police custody in 1901, she admitted to being aroused by the process of killing and was eventually found to be insane and not guilty of her crimes.
(Source)more ABOUTAge: Died at 81 (1857-1938)
Birthplace: Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
Place Of Death: Taunton, Massachusetts, United States of America
- 4Nannie Doss was a black widow who went through five husbands before being caught and charged with a slew of murders including those of her five husbands, a mother-in-law, her sisters, two of their children, and her own mother. She was never put to death (because she was a woman) and died in prison at age 59 in 1965.
(Source)more ABOUTAge: Died at 60 (1905-1965)
Birthplace: Blue Mountain, Alabama, United States of America
Cause Of Death: Leukemia
Place Of Death: McAlester, Oklahoma, United States of America
- 5In order to gain access to life insurance money, the nursing home proprietor murdered at least five people by poisoning them. This included her second husband, Michael Gilligan. As for the others, they were lived in her nursing home. She may have killed more people, but that is still unconfirmed. For her crimes,Archer-Gilligan was sentenced to death, but ended up in a mental asylum instead.
(Source)more ABOUTAge: Died at 94 (1868-1962)
Birthplace: Connecticut, United States of America
Place Of Death: Middletown, Connecticut, United States of America
- 6West, along with her husband, was convicted of murdering 10 young women in 1995. Most of the crimes occurred between April 1973 and August 1979.
(Source)more ABOUTAge: 62
Birthplace: Barnstaple, United Kingdom
Children: Heather Ann West, Mae West, Stephen West