- 11956“ Between 1989-90, prostitute-turned-killer Aileen Wuornos murdered seven johns who had the misfortune of looking for a little extra-marital action. A minor traffic accident in one her victim's cars led to her arrest and eventual 2002 execution.
- 31838“ Born in England in 1838, Amelia Dyer was only convicted for one death, though she is known to be responsible for the deaths of hundreds of infants and children at the baby farm she worked at.
- 91859“ Born in Norway in 1859, Belle Gunness emigrated to the US where her husband and several children died under mysterious circumstances. Along with several wealthy suitors who went missing, authorities also found numerous corpses in Gunness's yard after a fire engulfed her home leaving behind the charred bodies of her children and a headless corpse which was not thought to be that of Gunness, who was officially declared missing in 1908.
Bertha Gifford1872“ Bertha Gifford was big on arsenic and used the poison to kill nearly two dozen friends and relatives in the late 19th/early 20th century. She plead insanity and spent the rest of her life after being caught in a mental institution.
- 131942“ Carol M. Bundy killed her lover by stabbing and beheading him, which was discovered shortly after she went to the police to claim that her current lover, Doug Clark, had killed several women with a gun she purchased. She initially claimed that she had no knowledge of Clark's murders, but later admitted to being present when Clark (or Bundy, as Clark claimed) shot and beheaded a prostitute who was giving him oral sex. She died in prison in 2003.
- 201886“ A black widow from South Africa, Daisy de Melker married and killed two plumbers to collect on their inheritance. Sometime into her marriage to a third plumber, she poisoned and killed her son, bringing suspicion from one of the dead men's brothers. She was convicted and hanged in Johannesburg in 1932 after confessing to the murders.
- 21“ Dana Sue Gray killed three elderly women by either stabbing or strangling before being arrested in 1994. She claimed the murders were perpetrated to support her shopping habit and was sentenced to life in prison in 1998.
- 241929“ Dorothea Puente ran a boarding house for the elderly in Sacramento, CA for years in the 1980s before it was discovered she was skimming money from her boarders' benefit checks and burying them in her backyard when they died from what she claimed to be natural causes. She died in prison in 2011 at age 82.
- 251931“ An Austrian-born black widow, Elfriede Blauensteiner poisoned her victims to collect their inheritance. She confessed to the murders of five people including her husband, two former lovers, and two other men. She died in prison in 2003 from a brain tumor at age 72.
items 1 - 25 of 69
today on Ranker
start a list with results
close sorting window
use the search box to filter your list