L The List
- 7One of the most brutal killers in history, the Russian noble was responsible for torturing and ">killing over 100 of her serfs, mostly women and young girls.
(Source)about... age: Died at 71 (1730-1801)
birthplace: Russian Empire
place of death: Moscow, Russia
- 8Marybeth Tinning is responsible for the deaths of at least two- and as many as nine- of her children, all before their fifth birthdays. The killings, which occurred between 1972-85, were carried out by smothering the children with a pillow. Tinning eventually confessed to the murders of a daughter and two sons and was sentenced to 20 years to life in prison and was denied parole for a fourth time in 2013.
(Source)about... age: 73
birthplace: Duanesburg, New York, United States of America
institution: Duanesburg High School
- 10In 59 days, ">Allitt's killing spree became one of the notorious in British history. She was convicted of murdering four children, attempting to murder three other children, and causing grievous bodily harm to six more. She used insulin and other methods to murder these children, who were as young as seven weeks. Overall, Allitt attacked 13 children and remains in a hospital in England.
(Source)about... age: 47
- 11Along with Cathy Wood (called the Lethal Lovers), she killed five elderly women in a suburb of Grand Rapids, Mich. They would smother their victims where they were nurses at the Alpine Manor nursing home in 1987, where they both worked as nurse's aides.
(Source)about... profession: Nursing Assistant
- 12Homolka wasn't a killer in a mastermind way. Instead, she helped her husband Paul murder and rape at least two women, including her sister. She struck a plea bargain with prosecutors and went to jail on the lesser charge of manslaughter in 1993.
(Source)about... age: 45
birthplace: Port Credit, Ontario, Canada
institution: Queen's University, Sir Winston Churchill Secondary School